Author Topic: Producer damns Posh with faint praise  (Read 167 times)

KURUPTION-81

Producer damns Posh with faint praise
« on: September 23, 2003, 10:43:51 AM »
Producer damns Posh with faint praise

Hip hop guru Damon Dash has given latest protégé Victoria Beckham a less than ringing endorsement - by saying if he can make her a success, he can do it with anyone.

Posh is working with the producer on tracks for her new album, which are expected to see her head off in a new direction.

She has already teamed up with Dash to model for his Rocawear clothing label and head along to a party he hosted in London at the weekend.

Speaking on MTV show TRL, Dash said: "She's not going to be rapping - all we're going to do with Victoria is give her a hip hop influence."

And he added: "If we can make Victoria hot, we can make anybody hot."

The ex-Spice Girl was dropped by her record label due to poor sales after her debut solo album, but landed a new deal with Telstar last year.

Dash added: "I've never done anything corny."

Victoria Beckham defends new hip hop sound
Radio 1's sister station Radio 1Xtra criticised Beckham's white label track It's That Simple, so she asked to go on air to defend it in July.

Victoria said: "I think there's been a lot of anticipation for this record, a lot of people wondering what it's gonna be like, when it's gonna come out, because it's good music and I like it.

"At the end of the day I've been told I should do it this way, I should do it that way, but I'm doing it my way and I'm doing what I like. It's a good record at the end of the day.

"It shouldn't all be about your celebrity status and whether that opens or closes doors for you - it shouldn't make a difference."

The song may not be released as a single, but Victoria plans to do gigs at hip-hop clubs to build up a following once the album is finished.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
Re:Producer damns Posh with faint praise
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2003, 12:17:46 PM »

The song may not be released as a single, but Victoria plans to do gigs at hip-hop clubs to build up a following once the album is finished.

She better have MAJOR security or go to commercial clubs that have one hip-hip night a week or else she will get fucked up.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Jome

Re:Producer damns Posh with faint praise
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2003, 05:07:12 PM »

And he added: "If we can make Victoria hot, we can make anybody hot."

Dash added: "I've never done anything corny."

:D