Author Topic: David Blaine's stunt  (Read 555 times)

Trauma-san

David Blaine's stunt
« on: September 24, 2003, 12:23:41 PM »
Yall think it's for real?

For those that don't know, Blaine is suspended in a glass box above (beside) the river Thames in London.  He's got crowds of people under him yelling at him, and playing drums, and trying to talk to him, and just generally watching what he's doing.  He's trying to stay in the box for 44 days, with no food, just water through a tube.

He's on day 19.

I think it's for real, I think he's one of the last great showmans, doing anything for the fame like P.T. Barnum or Houdini.  

Trauma-san

Re:David Blaine's stunt
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 12:25:37 PM »

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 12:34:50 PM »
Dam, how the fuck does he take showers and clean himself up???  :o
And No Food....Shit I couldn't go 1 day without food lol

Woodrow

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 01:42:22 PM »
Living in a box for 44 days dosen't make you a magician, It makes you homeless.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 01:43:50 PM »
Hmmm... who said the word magician?

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 01:44:21 PM »
Living in a box for 44 days dosen't make you a magician, It makes you homeless.

LOL! ;D
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

budsmokeronly

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2003, 01:59:02 PM »
what an idiot.  he should just move to some third world country if he don't wanna eat.  why doesn't he do something cool like light himself on fire and run through a crowd of people.

bez

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2003, 02:00:45 PM »
He is truly an amazing performer who knows what he is doing.

I mean doing the stunt in London.........I bet he has chosen to do it there because he knew that people would proberly be throwing things at him and shit.  He is writing a journal in there and remember and no doubt he will want to sell millions of copies of it once it is published so think about it.  Either he does the stunt in U.S.A and has fans watching him the whole time just cheering and wihsing him luck or he has it in London where people will be teasing him, throwing things at him, taunting him, trying to thwart his efforts........the man is a genious.  With all the stuff that has happened so far he is going to sell loooooooooooads of copies of this journal and we are still not even half way through the stunt yet.  

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2003, 02:21:52 PM »
Hahaha ... some of the stuff theyve been doing is real funny. The things ive heard about....

Someone flying a remote control helicopter up and dangling a burger in front of him. Haha dats fuckin funny
The crowd lighting a barbecue below him so the smell would rise up. Evil, but funny.
Stands selling eggs to throw at him. Great stuff.
Some guy trying to cut the cable suspending david. Not so funny that one.

Anyway good luck to him...havent seen any coverage of him on sky or channel 4 since he went up. I reckon its for real but he'll come out messed up. Wouldve been nice if he did it for charity and got everyone watching him to pay something and the tv channels and shit.
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2003, 02:36:04 PM »
His stunt is the most boring stunt ever.

The guy is an idiot who is in love with himself. The sooner he is out of London and back to America the better.

bez

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2003, 02:54:25 PM »

The guy is an idiot who is in love with himself. The sooner he is out of London and back to America the better.

?????

budsmokeronly

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2003, 03:11:15 PM »
whats worse is the people who are fascinated with this guy, suspended in the air in a glass box with nothing to eat.  Wow, I could spend every friday night just staring at him!

Woodrow

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2003, 06:09:57 PM »
Hmmm... who said the word magician?

When you said "houidini" the word magician came to mind.

Not to mention his TV special called "David Blane- Street Magic"

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2003, 07:26:26 PM »
Yeah, but this isn't a magic trick.  It's not being advertised as one either.

I don't see why people hate this guy, I think it's pretty funny the way he's playing everybody, look at the crowds he has, ANYBODY could have got the same crowds if they would have done something this simple.  Like I said, he's a great showman.  

Sol

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2003, 08:09:53 AM »

?????

So you find this 'stunt' entertaining? A guy sitting in a glass box for 44 days without food.

I dont like the guy, he is obviously clever and talented, but he just gets on my nerves.
I read the other day that his people were thinking of stopping it because of all the hate he has been getting, and im not surprised.

btw, people have gone a lot longer than 44 days without food, in much worse circumstances.