Author Topic: I'm actually glad Rakim never got to drophe aftermath album w/DRE.....  (Read 360 times)

teecee

because they just dont fit each other.  Yes, they are both extremely talented and perhaps the best mc and best producer of all time, but still i am not sure how their stuff wouldve sounded.  DOnt get me wrong, Restless was a dope album by X to tha Z, but xzibit aint never been the same since rollin with dre.   I dont wanna hear Rakim start talking ignorant and swearing and talking about "grams and keys" (like on addictive by truth hurts).......Ya, they woulda made some dope songs, but FACT IS they are completely different styles and i am not sure what they were thinking when they hooked up.  Rakim does not have te accessible commercial sound Dre mostly works with, and i think Dre finally realized this.

Its too bad we will never know what their music sounded like together (maybe  it'll leak!), but i am mostly fine with that.  I dont want to hear Rakim talk about gangsta shit, drugs, selling keys, or getting his walk on ( a dope song by xzibit but still pathetic). Even though Dre is one of my fav's, i dont think his style is for everyone........peace

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:I'm actually glad Rakim never got to drophe aftermath album w/DRE.....
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 11:39:46 PM »
Can't agree whi'chu. IMO Rakim sounded tight as fucc over "The Watcher Part 2". After that tracc I was so damn anxious to hear more traccz w/ both Rakim and Dre. I just hope that if "Oh My God!" is ever released that there's at least 1 Dre produced tracc on it.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2003, 12:57:38 AM »
because they just dont fit each other.

if you listen to em and 50s old shit, youd prolly think the same thing about them

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2003, 03:36:56 AM »
because they just dont fit each other.

if you listen to em and 50s old shit, youd prolly think the same thing about them

Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2003, 12:28:40 PM »
I dont want to hear Rakim talk about gangsta shit, drugs, selling keys, or getting his walk...

Why would he be rapping about topics like that?

G-T

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2003, 02:03:36 PM »
i know, lol, but id rather see him with premier n all that shit then dre.....

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2003, 02:16:40 PM »
ay yo anyone think that obies "look in my eyes" beat was originally done fo rakim? i can see the 2003 ra spittin on that shit, its a dope beat that got a feelin with the drum n strings on it that ra would fit to...........i bet ra had shit similar to this

peace

teecee

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2003, 04:06:46 PM »
C2Knuckles;  I think hed be rappin about topics like that because that is what xzibit starting doing alot more of once he started rolling with Dre.........i think both xzibit and Rakim can bring alot more to the game than that, i give tem more credit than rappers like 50 cent.  

One good point, Ra did rip the watcher 2 joint, and he did sound decent on Addictive (but a verse about selling drugs from Ra?).  Hopefully the songs they did together leak and i am proven wrong?  

Until then, Ra needs to hook up with Premo, Extra P, maybe a rejuvenated Pete Rock, Alchemist, etc.  

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2003, 07:17:15 PM »
no, rakim would rap about whatever he wants to rap about. hes not concerned about selling out, but if he does a track about something else, it'll be because he wants to do it, not to sell records. which is why he was on addictive.

teecee

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2003, 08:18:15 PM »
Krayzie Mofo, you hit it right on te head man!  I think Dre wanted Rakim to be sumthing hes not and the two couldnt compromise and thus split

k-dogg

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2003, 07:21:59 AM »
Teecee and Kryzie Mofo, I disagree with both of you a little.  I see where you could be right but I don't hear Em rapping about those things you mentioned....I think Dre these days does like shock value and maybe a little exaggeration (actually a lot of exaggeration) no matter what the subject is.  I see Ra as the type that's only into what's real no matter the subject.  While Dre no doubt takes the game seriously, I think he also understands that it's supposed to also be ENTERTAINMENT. That's one reason why he has become a very wealthy man. True MC's like Ra will never understand this. I'm not being critical of Ra, it's just that there is a reason why the more the game has progressed financially (become commercialized), the less you have heard from him.  In some ways it's a shame (financially for him) but another way of looking at it is that he has been able to keep his legend and rep as a true MC who will not compromise for the money.