Author Topic: Def Jam signed EVERLAST...  (Read 181 times)

PLANT

Def Jam signed EVERLAST...
« on: September 29, 2003, 04:54:11 PM »
The Island Def Jam Music Group has signed multi-platinum recording artist, Everlast. Everlast is currently in the studio working on his third studio album (Title: TBD) tentatively set for an early 2004 release. The album, which is being recorded in L.A. and NYC, features Everlast co-executive producing with longtime friend and collaborator Dante Ross. "I am excited to be part of the Island Def Jam family," says Everlast. "I look forward to a long lasting relationship with Island Def Jam that will result in much success over the
years to come." "Everlast is an incredible artist that writes really important songs," stated Lyor Cohen, Chairman and CEO of the Island Def Jam Music Group, "Any label that listens to music would be so proud to have Everlast as part of their family of artists; I am thrilled to welcome him to ours."

Damn, this is news to me....Seems kind of odd actually, I havnt heard this yet...Anyone else hear anything about this?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Def Jam signed EVERLAST...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 05:15:40 PM »
Damn thats kinda surprising

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

The Watcher

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 06:06:49 PM »
aslong as he isnt singing the blues, i think it will be dope
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

eS El Duque

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 06:11:05 PM »
hmm...heard this a while ago...i wonder if he's gonna rap

Jome

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2003, 07:13:53 PM »
Hiphopsite.com reported this 3-4 months ago or so.

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2003, 09:35:19 PM »
i could give a fuck who he signs with...as long as he keeps making songs the way he has in the past i'll be happy.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 12:53:44 PM »
cool i like everlast...

...done some great joints

will definatly cop his new album when it hits the streets