2 (16.7%)
Absolute Power, fa shizzle
5 (41.7%)
Both was wack
1 (8.3%)
Equally dope
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Tech N9ne: Angellic or Absolute Power ??  (Read 205 times)

Jome

Tech N9ne: Angellic or Absolute Power ??
« on: September 29, 2003, 09:39:07 PM »
Aight, let's do it, SGV and myself couldn't come to a agreement.. (as usual, lol)

SGV

Re:Tech N9ne: Angellic or Absolute Power ??
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2003, 09:44:02 PM »
I know the answer from most of these cats. Most Neena fans came from listening to the AP album, because they slept on AngHellic.

Jome

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2003, 10:08:01 PM »
I know the answer from most of these cats. Most Neena fans came from listening to the AP album, because they slept on AngHellic.

Or maybe they just didn't like it.

Agent725

• 'G'
  • The Square Pusha
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2003, 10:43:34 PM »
I heard tech n9ne on the sway and tech track and I wanted to peep his cd a while ago so I saw Angellic and it was nothing like his verse on sway and tech...
but I have to admit Einstein is one of the badest tracks ive ever heard!!!

PS. my brother went to his show and he said he he couldnt stand it because it was nothing but ICP fans in the audience whats up with that???

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2003, 03:19:21 AM »
Absolute Power imo

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2003, 05:32:44 AM »
AP, tho ima noob and a fuck in the mind of SGV then  ::)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

SGV

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2003, 11:21:14 AM »
AngHellic

01.Hellevator(Intro)  
02.Tormented
03.Stamina(Interlude)
04.Sinister Tech
05.Psycho Messages(Skit)
06.Psycho Bitch
07.Real Killer
08.Cursed
09.Suicide Letters
10.Purgatory(Skit)
11.It's Alive
12.Einstein
13.Planet Rock 2K1
14.Here I Come
15.Who You Came To See
16.Wake Up Call(Skit)
17.This Ring
18.God Complex
19.This Life (Anghellic)
20.Going Bad
21.Heaven(Skit)
22.Twisted

Absolute Power

01.Intro
02.Industry Is Punks
03.Here Comes Tecca Nina
04.Imma Tell
05.Slacker
06.Keep On Keepin' On
07.Gunz Will Bust (featuring Yung Gunz[Snug Brim & Scatterman])
08.Biancas & Beatrices
09.Diamond Joe's(Skit)
10.Slither
11.Disturbance(Skit)
12.Trapped In A Psycho's Body
13.T9X
14.She Devil (featuring D-12)
15.Worst Enemy
16.Signing Off(Skit)
17.Absolute Power
18.Yada Yada Yada
19.Constantly Dirty
20.I'm A Playa

Tormented vs. Industry Is Punks = Tie. Both high energy and really started the album off right.

Sinister Tech vs. Here Comes Tecca Nina = Sinister Tech. Not even close. Here Comes Tecca Nina is a horrible track.

Psycho Bitch vs. Imma Tell = Psycho Bitch. That's a tough one though, Imma Tell has that dope ass sample of that little kid. But, Psycho Bitch brought back that Halloween sound. I'll go with Psycho Bitch.

Real Killer vs. Slacker = Real Killer. Looks like an ignorant song, by the name of the song. But, it talks about abortion. He lets the listener into his life.

Cursed vs. Keep On Keepin On = Cursed. Very creative track. Classic TechN9ne right there.

Suicide Letters vs. Gunz Will Bust = Tie. Two compelte different type of tracks. Suicide Letters is some deep shit, where as Gunz Will Bust is straight up rowdy. Both banging tracks.

It's Alive vs. Biancas & Beatrices = It's Alive. B & B has to be one of the most annoying songs from Neena ever. Not to mention It's Alive was one of the better songs out at the time.

Einstein vs. Slither = Einstein. Can't argue that. No matter how tight Slither is, Einstein was a stand out track.

Planet Rock 2k1 vs. Trapped In A Psychos Body = Planet Rock 2k1. That's an ultimate party jam.

Here I Come vs. T9X = T9X. Tech comes with some screw influenced drug music. Can't front on it.

Who You Came To See vs. She Devil = Tie. On the strength of Bizarre throwing Jayson Williams' name into his rap. Hahaha. Without that, Who You Came To See would've shitted on She Devil.

This Ring vs. Worst Enemy = Tie. Can't decide. This Ring is a straight up deep ass track. Worst Enemy is funny and very creative.

God Complex vs. Absolute Power = Absolute Power. God Complex is dope, but Absolute Power was a straight banger.

This Life(AngHellic) vs. Yadda Yadda Yadda = Yadda Yadda Yadda. Barely. This Life was some more real deep shit, but Yadda Yadda Yadda was and is one of the hardest diss records I've ever heard.

Going Bad vs. Constantly Dirty = Going Bad. I didn't like how TechN9ne came like Krayzie Bone on Constantly Dirty. Going Bad was just an overall tight track.

Twisted vs. I'm a Playa = Tie. Both are great tracks to close a CD.  Twisted was a dope tribute to Roger Troutman. I'm A Playa is just an anthem.

AngHellic = 13
Absolute Power = 8

AngHellic is the winner.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2003, 11:40:51 AM »
Hmm this is hard.

i picked up on tech9ne thru anghellic.. its sicker in my eyes.. more "interesting" to be honest..  AP was the shit too tho.. but ill have to go with anghellic.. "sicker" is the only way for me to describe it lol

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2003, 12:03:31 PM »
SGV you cant compare songwise... you have to see a LP as a magical thing and all of it as a whole thang...
No, it's not a sin

SGV

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2003, 12:15:43 PM »
SGV you cant compare songwise... you have to see a LP as a magical thing and all of it as a whole thang...
Uh, I went song by song. AngHellic's songs flowed together much better than AP. How else do you compare two albums? By songs. AngHellic is more "magical." It had more introspective tracks. It was more lyrically driven. AP was more about production than lyrics. AngHellic still had better beats.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2003, 01:02:34 PM »
now, that's a fine term of comparison.
No, it's not a sin

Doggystylin

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2003, 04:39:44 PM »
i wouldn't compare these 2, their both original and creative in their own ways and both have different vibes. Anghellic is great in its own way and so is AP. if you take that as a tie then ok, its a tie.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2003, 05:58:23 PM »
I'll admit that I'm probably sleeping on Tech N9ne.  Now I've heard a couple of his songs which were alright, "I'm A Playa" is very nice.  I think I'ma download one of those albums and see what's really going on with him.  Both tracklistings look equally shit cause of two things I hate, too many tracks and too many skits.  So I think I'll check out the shorter of the two, Absolute Power.

SGV

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2003, 07:38:50 PM »
I'll admit that I'm probably sleeping on Tech N9ne.  Now I've heard a couple of his songs which were alright, "I'm A Playa" is very nice.  I think I'ma download one of those albums and see what's really going on with him.  Both tracklistings look equally shit cause of two things I hate, too many tracks and too many skits.  So I think I'll check out the shorter of the two, Absolute Power.
Yea, lately I'm getting tired of the 30+ tracks on albums. But, don't sleep on TechN9ne. And, his skits are usually short so don't trip.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2003, 12:20:46 PM »

You got the one with the bonus dvd bro ?

thats was a dope addition to an even more dope album