Author Topic: Here's the next white rapper to blow up !!!  (Read 537 times)

Jome

Here's the next white rapper to blow up !!!
« on: October 01, 2003, 07:46:58 PM »

He's called APATHY, and he just signed a big deal with Atlantic..
I downloaded his 2CD mixtape after seeing Hiphopsite.coms review of it, and I gotta say I was pretty damn impressed..
At times he sounds like a white Pharoahe Monch, a comparison Hiphopsite.com also does as well as with Canibus..

DL this CD, or at least check tracks like "Immortal", "Sureshot affair", "Mother Molesters", "Battle me", "Trife-A-Saurus Rex", "Chrome depot freestyle" and more..

Put this guy on some Alchemist and Premo-beats, and the outcome could be awesome.. he produces as well.

Artist:     Apathy
Title:    It's the Bootl*g - Muthaf***as! Vol. 1
Genres:    Underground
Label:    Demigodz Records / Konjo Nashi
   As Apathy prepares to be the next big thing with his forthcoming Atlantic Records debut, the emcee delivers a DOUBLE-DISC CD release, "It's The Bootl*g Motherf***er's", which includes 45 tracks of material on two 80 minute CD's, including full-length versions of all of his previously released singles as well as several unreleased and never-heard-before tracks. Everything has been digitally remixed and remastered, professionally manufactured in shrink-wrapped glass master CD's, imported direct from Japan. Through special arrangement with Demigodz.com, this limited edition double disc CD will ship from HipHopSite.Com before anywhere else in the world on September 16th. All other stores will have to wait at least a week - get it here first!!

HipHopSite Review

We've been waving the Apathy flag for a few years now, ever since he released that solid string of 12-inch singles on Bronx Science, back when co-pilot Celph Titled  was making shit happen over at Buds Distribution. Apathy struck while the iron was hot, being one of the last artists to survive the indy 12-inch boom, and come out of it with a full-fledged record deal with Atlantic. While in the process, Ap was defining his crew, The Demigodz, as each 7L & Esoteric, Rise, El Fudge, Celph Titled, Louis Logic, & the rest were doing the same with their own indy releases. Now that the indy hip-hop market is dominated by CD's, rather than 12-inch vinyl singles, Apathy brings It's the Bootleg Muthafuckas, a massive 2-disc set which encompasses just about every recording he's released to date, with the exception of the material he's saved for Eastern Philosophy, as well as his highly anticipated Atlantic debut.

As this release sets the stage for his mainstream home invasion (and has been doing so for the last few years with the individual release of each song), it shows the versatility of Apathy, as well as how he has progressed as an emcee. In his earlier sessions, Apathy was a somewhat of a super-scientifical emcee in the vein of Canibus  or Pharaohe Monch with his over-extended rhymes within rhymes and acrobatic vocal inflections, spitting "I manifest with cybernetic explosions to overload ya modem / and break they cryptic simplistic firewalls / I assault with fireballs..." on "Compatible" (1999). But he still was the one who made fun of those that took their science book rhymes too seriously, case in point on "We Get Down" (1997): "All you space prophets in your rockets / you can 'analyze your optic sockets' when you try to rock it / you bore me with all of your galactical cosmic stories / take a deep breath and come with something hotter for me."

But Ap soon broke out of this short stint of smart rap, dropping the "Alien Tongue" from his name, and spitting harder rhymes, upstaging all of his crew members on "The Smackdown" (1999) with this hilarious classic intro "When I be spittin' raps / rippin' wax / gats start clickin' back / Chickens act frickin' wack backstage lickin' sacs / Suckin' nuts fuckin' sluts up in butts bustin' up / Jealous rappers runnin' up but they need to toughen up". Ap maintained his position of taste later on "Science of the Bumrush" (2001), spitting "These underground backpacker's think I'm crazy / Cuz my favorite emcees are Biggie Smalls and Jay-Z."

But whatever mood Ap was in, one thing remained clear throughout the entire disc, all styles and flows aside, Apathy's main goal was to make classic songs. Along with his quotable lyrics, Ap made sure almost every time that the beat he was spitting on was dope, and the classic sound of the early 90's is transcended into his music. You can hear it in the horns of the brand new recording "Don't Talk to Me" (2003), the mellow feeing of "Hip-Hop Groupies", or the heartfelt rhymes and production of either mix of "That Ol' Boom Bap". It's amazing that with almost fifty songs on this CD, that Apathy could have actually kept the quality control this on point!!

At this incredible length, what this CD will do is not only remind you what an incredible lyricist & songwriter Apathy is (peep "School"; 2001), but also what an all around dope crew he runs with. In his early career, he spit on several posse cuts, many of which defined what the late 90's indy hip-hop era was (see Eddie Ill & D.L. Freestyle; 1998). What keeps this CD an entertaining listen throughout are not just Apathy's rhymes, but his equally tight crew as well - peep Rise on just about any of the six tracks he appears on, with his trademark laid back, cool punch rhymes that will have you laughing out loud, or check out Celph Titled's ambidexterity as he produces 1/4 of the disc, while spitting ridiculous lyrics such as "I spit, but really never got nothin' to say / every verse is full of curses words and plenty of gun spray / but I don't give a fuck / this is how I write rap flows / you probably listen to Common and rock them tight ass clothes!" ("Ya'll Ain't Good Enough"). With a guest list include Louis Logic, Esoteric, Open Mic, C-Rayz Walz, Vinnie Paz, Punch & Words, and others, this disc is a lyrical tour-de-force.

Best of all, while you've heard it all before, every track on this disc has been digitally remastered, some tracks even re-recorded, making this the definitive Apathy collection. For those that don't know, or who were turntable deficient during Ap's 12-inch run, this is the next big thing, jump on now.

@@@@ of 5

(Just a mixtape, mind)

Don Breezio

Re:Here's the next white rapper to blow up !!!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2003, 07:48:31 PM »
i've heard this guy before...he's one talented honkey ( :D)...i'll definetely be coppin his cd when it drops

pappy

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2003, 08:01:34 PM »
poverty is better

SGV

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2003, 08:17:23 PM »
I like Celph Titled better than Ap.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2003, 08:19:42 PM »
Yeh apathy been around for a while. He fucking rips the mic up. He won't blow up tho, he doesn't make pussy music that will be accepted in the mainstream. His already got a lot of support in the underground scene.

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2003, 08:29:43 PM »
Sage Francis all the way! (he is white right?) lol

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2003, 08:32:49 PM »
Yeh his white. But i'm not feeling this cat at all.

Don Breezio

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2003, 08:39:58 PM »
Yeh his white. But i'm not feeling this cat at all.

really?...damn his personal journals album was siiiickkk...

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2003, 09:09:03 PM »
Yea Ap is sick..He was at a Battle once where i was at and i got wasted in a battle against him. Ive chilled with him a few times at a club called Lupos in Prov. RI .. He suprisingly is a big mainstream fan. He listens to alot of poppy shit on the radio..He shot the Immortal video in Lupos ..I am in the Front Row on the left if u can find me in it ;D

SGV

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2003, 09:14:21 PM »
Was I the only one who didn't enjoy the Demigodz EP? The dopest thing on there was Ap re-doing the Chronic Intro. Him and Celph both like West Coast shit, especially Celph Titled.

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2003, 09:28:02 PM »
Mista CaNE will shit on em all...

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Suga Foot

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2003, 10:17:33 PM »
Mista CaNE will shit on em all...

and he'll bring along Savage C, and KD to finish them.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2003, 12:40:29 AM »
Was I the only one who didn't enjoy the Demigodz EP? The dopest thing on there was Ap re-doing the Chronic Intro. Him and Celph both like West Coast shit, especially Celph Titled.
I agree. The EP wasn't up to par with some of the other music demigodz has produced.

M-O-Z-04

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2003, 06:15:48 AM »
is grant rice of the regime white?
The boss wants U dead then its off with ur head
especially a bitch nigga that talks 2 da feds
especially a bitch nigga that walks with da feds
2 avoid shows coz niggaz about 2 toss him sum lead -Yukmouth

PinkTowelGirl

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2003, 06:19:13 AM »
i thought he was going to have a picture of some goofy looking white guy... that is trying to bring back vanilla ices.. style... ;D