Author Topic: Lloyd banks album in march  (Read 192 times)

jerrod1416

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
Lloyd banks album in march
« on: October 02, 2003, 07:32:21 PM »
One of Beg for Mercy's main drawing points, according to 50, will be the Lloyd Banks solo cut "Smile."

"It's huge, man," 50 said with a smile. "I think the record is gonna be probably if not the second, the third single on this album. 'I wanna be the reason you smile,' he's saying. A lot of times [artists] write records about relationships and everyone is in love or everyone is in a good space in the relationship. They do that a lot for R&B remixes and those situations. But particularly on a hip-hop level, I think that there is difference. There are those relationships where everything is not going good."

Beg for Mercy is due November 18 (see "50 Cent, G-Unit Plan To Make Fans Beg For Mercy On New LP"), and 50 said a Lloyd Banks solo album should drop in March, with Young Buck's debut following in August.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:Lloyd banks album in march
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2003, 07:35:47 PM »
Damn thats a long-ass time. Why is 50 making Banks wait so long & making Buck wait til after 50 drops his second album?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Ltnluv23

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2003, 08:47:51 PM »
would u rather want banks n bucks albums droppin a month after
 g-unit's album.....too much g-unit solo stuff isnt too good, plus not smart bussiness...50 is smart by having a good time span between each album in order to put out couple singles n have a good shelve life.....plus ull get banks's album 4 months after da g-unit album...dats even too short...but it gives to put out singles n wutnot...plus i dont think dat many ppl want a young buck album..lol...so i dont mind waitin till next august for dat..hes doin wut nelly did for st.lunatics...first nelly dropped, year after he drop st. lunatics album, couple months later he dropped Ali's album, then another nelly album, and then recently murphy lee....so its good bussiness...

eS El Duque

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2003, 09:00:25 PM »
DAMN...BANKS ALBUM IN MARCH..>SWEET  ;D

Well it takes time to make a GOOD album..hopefully the wait is worth it  8)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 09:02:00 PM by eS El Duque »

Jome

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2003, 09:33:46 PM »
Dope news.. and LOL @ Young Buck predicting to go platinum and a half the first week..  :D

NewJack

• 'G'
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2003, 09:37:45 PM »
This album is scheduled to come out a hell of a lot faster than most other artists put out albums, so I ain't complaining.

Kokane

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2003, 09:40:57 PM »
Banks album will not be released in March i remember 50 was sayin that the G Unit album would be out in June and it got pushed back 2 November
« Last Edit: October 02, 2003, 09:43:05 PM by Kokane »

Ltnluv23

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2003, 10:06:33 PM »
got delayed cuz Yayo got incarcerated n they went on tour......so they had to put in Young buck all over the album  ::)

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2003, 11:09:33 PM »
Looks like I was wrong about Banks not makin' a "love song". Still, lookin' forward to this a GRIP.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2003, 08:48:59 AM »
Can't wait to hear his solo album, damn!

PLANT

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2003, 09:59:53 AM »
Damn thats a long-ass time. Why is 50 making Banks wait so long & making Buck wait til after 50 drops his second album?
Thats not that long at all....If they plan on releasing three singles from the G Unit album, they should ride out till March, then Banks will drop the solo effort.

Dope news, Ill be looking forward to that for sure.