Author Topic: New Buck 65 Album!  (Read 163 times)

Don Breezio

New Buck 65 Album!
« on: October 15, 2003, 04:19:57 PM »
for those deprived children who havent heard buck 65...check them out...for any buck 65 fans there is a new album out (i had no clue there was even one coming)...damn i'm gonna pick this shit up!

Buck 65 - Talkin' Honky Blues

1.Leftfielder
2.Wicked And Weird
3.Riverbed Part 1
4.Sore
5.Protest
6.Riverbed Part 2
7.Exes
8.Roses And Blue Jays
9.Riverbed Part 3
10.50 Gallon Drum
11.Riverbed Part 4
13.Riverbed Part 5
14.Killed By A Horse
15.Riverbed Part 6
16.Tired Out
17.Craftsmanship
18.Riverbed Part 7

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Re:New Buck 65 Album!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 09:16:40 PM »
nice!

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 12:50:29 AM »
nice!

my thoughts exactly...isnt it sad that we are the only ones to post in here...i guess people just dont know good hip hop anymore?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 05:50:48 AM »
nice!

my thoughts exactly...isnt it sad that we are the only ones to post in here...i guess people just dont know good hip hop anymore?

Yeah that's kinda fucked. Hip-hop is in a state of 911 (Ironically enough an Eminem quote)

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2003, 08:26:53 AM »
I don't know about that.  Buck 65 is certainly original but I don't know about him as an MC.  Most people will be turned off by his voice and half the songs I've heard from him he barely raps, it's like spoken word.

He's got some odd production too.  Some of it is really nice and some is just wierd.

Don Breezio

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2003, 11:36:15 AM »
^^ but see thats what makes him such a good addition to hip hop...he's original...no bullshit...he doesnt try to do something he isnt good at...it takes a lot of time to get used to his style (it sure as hell took me some time) but once you get used to it its some of the best shit you'll ever hear.