Author Topic: dead prez - Get Free Or Die Trying  (Read 308 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
dead prez - Get Free Or Die Trying
« on: October 17, 2003, 03:56:06 PM »
have any tracks from this leaked yet?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:dead prez - Get Free Or Die Trying
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2003, 05:18:26 PM »
up

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2003, 06:27:43 PM »
damn their actually calling their album that? i mean that just shows too much similarity to 50, and shows some influence, and i wouldnt do that but whatever.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2003, 08:12:21 PM »
damn their actually calling their album that? i mean that just shows too much similarity to 50, and shows some influence, and i wouldnt do that but whatever.

I think that the reason for the title is to show the difference between them and other hip-hop artists. While other rappers (50 in this example) are using hip-hop as a means to get paid, dp are using hip-hop as a means to break free of opression they suffered while they were young.

Paris

eNgIeS

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2003, 11:38:06 AM »
Its been changed

Get anymore racist & we'll die trying is the new title

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2003, 03:08:57 PM »
Its been changed

dead prez are not racist.

Paris

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2003, 03:45:56 PM »
Well I downloaded it (I'll still buy it though) and it's very good. It's not just dp, it's also affiliates. Too early to judge for a rating, but I can tell you right now its not as good as Let's Get Free (but realistictly not much is). I'll probably drop a review in a few days

Paris

eNgIeS

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2003, 06:14:31 AM »
Its been changed

No they arent are they I mean these lyrics below arent racist at all are they

"because some cracker that knows I'm black"
"Crackers want a bigger piece"
Refering to every white person as Uncle Sam

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2003, 08:02:04 AM »

±   ßÛ²      Artist: Dead Prez                                        ÞÛ²Ûß   °
           ±    Û²      Title.: Get Free Or Die Tryin (Turn Off The Radio The Mix Tape Vol 2)-(Retail)ÞÛ²Û    °
           ±    Û²      Label.:                                                  ÞÛ²Û    °
         [WCR]  ÞÛ²                                                            ÜÜÛ²ÛÝ  [z0o]
       Ü ÜܲÜÜÜÜÛ²²²²²ÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜÜܲ²ÛÛ²²ÛÜÜÜÜܲÜÜ Ü
              °ß²²ÛÛÛÛ²²ÜÜÜ                                              ÜÜܲ²ÛÛÛÛ²²ß°
                  ßÛÛÛÛÛ²²²²²ÜÜ                                      Üܲ²²²²ÛÛÛÛÛß
                    ß²ÛÛÛÛÛ²²²²²ÜÜ    Ripper..: The Mothman       Üܲ²²²²ÛÛÛÛÛ²ß
                     Þ²ÛÛÛÛÛ²²²²²²ßß  Encoder.: Lame            ßß²²²²²²ÛÛÛÛÛ²Ý
                   ÜÜÛÛÛÛÛÛ²²²ßß ÜÜ   Genre...: Hip-Hop          ÜÜ ßß²²²ÛÛÛÛÛÛÜÜ
               ÜܲÛÛÛÛÛ²²²²ßß Ü²Û²ßß² Rel.date: 00/00/0000    Ü²ßß²Û²Ü ßß²²²²ÛÛÛÛÛ²ÜÜ
           ÜܲÛÛÛÛÛÛ²²²ÛÜ   ßÛÛ²²Ý ß² Rip.Date: 10/16/2003     ßß Þ²²ÛÛß   ÜÛ²²²ÛÛÛÛÛÛ²ÜÜ
         ßßßß²²²ÛÛÛÛÛÛ²²²²Ü±  ßÛ²²Ü   Size....: 55MB             ܲ²Ûß  ±Ü²²²²ÛÛÛÛÛÛ²²²ßßßß
          ±     ²ß²ÛÛÛßÛÛ²²²²²ÜÜ ßÛ²Ü Source..: Compact Disc   ܲÛß Üܲ²²²²ÛÛßÛÛ۲߲     ±
          ²Ü       ±ÛÛÝ ÛÛÛÛ²²²²²Ü ßÛ²Ü                      Ü²Ûß Ü²²²²²ÛÛÛÛ ÞÛÛ±       ܲ
        Üß Üß  ÜÜÜÛÛÛ² ± ÛÛÛÛÛ²²²²²Ü²²²Ý                    Þ²²²Ü²²²²²ÛÛÛÛÛ ± ²ÛÛÛÜÜÜ  ßÜ ßÜ
        ß²ÜÜܲÛÛÛÛÛ²ß ±±±ÞÛÛÛÛÛ²²²²²²²²²Ü                  Ü²²²²²²²²²ÛÛÛÛÛ ±±± ß²ÛÛÛÛÛ²ÜÜܲß
          ß²Û²ßßßß  Ü±±± ÜÛÛÛ²²²²²²²²ßß                      ßß²²²²²²²²ÛÛÛÜ ±±±Ü  ßßßß²Û²ß
                  ܱ±±±ÜÛÛÛ²²²ßßßß ²Ü       [ COMMENTS ]       ܲ ßßßß²²²ÛÛÛܱ±±±Ü
                ܱ±±±ß²ßß  Ü²ÜÜ  Üßßß²Ü                      Ü²ßßßÜ  ÜÜ²Ü  ß߲߱±±±
              ܲ²±±²    Ü²ßßßßß²Ü  ßÜ²ß                      ß²Üß  Ü²ßßßßß²Ü    ²±±²Ü
            ܲ²²Û²²Ý   ß     ßÜ²ß                                  ß²Üß     ß   Þ²²Û²²²Ü
           Þ²²²ÛÛÛ²                                                              ²ÛÛÛ²²²Ý
           Þ²²ÛÛÛÛÝ                                                              ÞÛÛÛÛ²²Ý
           Þ²ÛÛÛÛÛ                                                                ÛÛÛÛÛ²Ý
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   Heres tthe retail of the new Dead Prez, props to ESC for     ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ                                  their promo. ENJOY!!                                

01 | Intro                                     |  1:38 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 02 | Fuck The Law                              |  1:58 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 03 | Coming Of Age                             |  3:24 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 04 | Tallahassee Days                          |  2:10 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 05 | Paper, Paper                              |  1:23 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 06 | Scared To Die                             |  3:03 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 07 | Baby Face                                 |  1:35 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 08 | When Mama Cries                           |  3:14 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 09 | Window To My Soul                         |  4:05 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 10 | Last Days Reloaded                        |  4:10 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 11 | Hood News                                 |  2:15 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 12 | Real Black Girl                           |  3:11 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 13 | Out In The World                          |  3:51 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 14 | O.G. (Original Garvey)                    |  1:48 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 15 | Red, Black & Green                        |  0:56 |   ÛÛÛÛÛÛÝ
           ÞÛÛÛÛÛÛ   | 16 | Afrika                                    |  1:54 |

Here's the retail rip of the release... i gots 2 other rips but of pre release...

...shit hot album...their first one was imo one of the most slept on that hit the stores last year!

Prez bring it back in true style...as wcr say.. 1) Listen
                                                            2) Appreciate
                                                            3) Buy

pZ

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2003, 05:50:19 PM »
It's only a mixtape...

Don't matter wat they call it...Artist mixtapes are suppose 2 be like that anyway...

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

pappy

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2003, 10:18:10 PM »
when i heard the intro of it was smack a cracker i was immeaditly turned off

pappy

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2003, 10:19:28 PM »
Its been changed

LMFFAO  HAAHAHAHAHAH OMG U EVER THOUGHT OF DOIN COMEDY

but for real.  you are one naive white boy.  an not b/c of jus this.  every post i see you make concerning blacks an whites.  you really have no clue what so ever just like infinite