Author Topic: New LL Cool J CD  (Read 297 times)

Jome

New LL Cool J CD
« on: October 21, 2003, 07:11:40 PM »
LL Cool J has a title for his 11th LP, DEFinition. "For me it's what I think is fly, what I think is fly about hip-hop," L said last week at the Source Awards in Miami. He also mentioned that he was in the early stages of the project, which will drop next year, and that he wants to work with Timbaland. ...

-------------------------------------------

Hopefully he'll make more tracks like "10 million stars" and less tracks like the rest of his last CD....

PLANT

Re:New LL Cool J CD
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2003, 07:41:08 PM »
LL is crazy....

I hope he comes out with a dope album.  I didnt like his last effort, but the previous one with "Ill Bomb" and that Xzibit, Snoop & Jayo track, that was a dope album!

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2003, 07:53:27 PM »
i just downloaded that 10 million stars after you mentioned it and that song is real tight...is there anything else like that on 10...i figured the whole cd was gonna be alot like the singles just by reading the tracklist...if there's anything else that's dope on there let me know, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2003, 08:04:15 PM »
LL is crazy....

I hope he comes out with a dope album.  I didnt like his last effort, but the previous one with "Ill Bomb" and that Xzibit, Snoop & Jayo track, that was a dope album!

Yeah, the Greatest Of All Time album was some dope shit. I just busted that out the other night & it's near perfect.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Jome

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2003, 08:04:30 PM »
i just downloaded that 10 million stars after you mentioned it and that song is real tight...is there anything else like that on 10...i figured the whole cd was gonna be alot like the singles just by reading the tracklist...if there's anything else that's dope on there let me know, peace.

Pretty much just that track..

Just had a quick re-listen, and I wonder what he meant with this:

Never in a million years, would I ever let you down baby
I drop fitty, I'm still gravy

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2003, 08:16:33 PM »
i was wondering the same thing the moment i heard that...honestly if it meant a 50 vs. LL battle i think LL would tear him out...also i looked through the lyrics at ohhla.com and decided to download "Throw Ya L's Up" because tht was the only other track that looked like it might be decent but the song is only ok, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Casper

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2003, 10:45:13 PM »
i thought he was dead lmao jk

but he use to be the shit back in yalls days (i was really young when he was tight) now he is a fucking old nelly lol

SGV

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2003, 11:07:04 PM »
Never in a million years, would I ever let you down baby
I drop fitty, I'm still gravy

He's probably talking about money. I doubt weight.

I drop 50(50 thou), I'm still gravy(it ain't no thing). So, I guess he's saying even if he has to drop 50 g'z for his girl, it don't matter.

mauzip

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2003, 11:31:21 PM »
This is really cool. LL Cool J is one of the most (if not the most) succesful rappers of all time and I like his style :)

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2003, 11:14:45 AM »
The G.O.A.T. is indeed a very good album. The reason I like LL is because he always comes with great love/romantic songs. Not too many MC's nowadays do that (except for Fabo).