Author Topic: Puffy did It!  (Read 226 times)

Trauma-san

Puffy did It!
« on: November 02, 2003, 09:03:40 PM »
He finished the New York Marathon, just like he said he would today.  He also beat his goal, which was to beat Oprah Winfrey's time of 4 hours and 29 minutes, when she ran a marathon in '94.  

This is a big deal, I think.  26.2 miles, I couldn't do that.  He decided two months ago he was going to do it, lost 15 pounds, and with his work schedule, trained enough (with a bad knee) to complete the entire race.  Most people train 6 months, he trained 2 and still finished.  Puffy has one of the most amazing work ethics in the business, I've got nothing but respect for that.  

Also, he was hoping to raise 1 million dollars for new york public schools by completing the race, i'm not sure if he made that figure or not, but I'm sure he'll probably chip in the rest if he didn't reach it.  

Trauma-san

Re:Puffy did It!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2003, 09:04:21 PM »
OH, almost forgot.  Official time, 4 hours, 14 minutes.  

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2003, 09:54:19 PM »
I really don't give a shit about puffy running for 4 hours.  I can't do it, but I still don't care.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 09:57:21 PM »

Prop's goes out to MR.T...
I mean MR. P...

P.Diddy did it..

Good job.
Hatesrats 2oooTre

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2003, 05:24:06 AM »
...he was hoping to raise 1 million dollars [...] by completing the race, i'm not sure if he made that figure or not...  

Accordin' to AHH he "raised the $2 million dollars for various children's charities, doubling the $1 million dollar goal he set".

...I've got nothing but respect for that...

HHH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "hello!!"
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2003, 05:25:40 AM »
well done to him i say !!  ;D

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2003, 11:17:34 AM »
props 4 diddy

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson