Author Topic: Mobb Deep to hook up with Eminem, Nate Dogg for new CD  (Read 305 times)

Jome

Mobb Deep to hook up with Eminem, Nate Dogg for new CD
« on: November 05, 2003, 08:57:13 PM »
Mobb Deep Dream Of Securing Eminem For Their Nightmare
11.04.2003 9:09 PM EST

Mobb Deep
Photo: Loud Records

The infamous Mobb Deep are almost done cooking up their latest serving of macabre street tales and battle rhymes. Their next LP, Amerika's Nightmare, is now due early next year.

"The album is definitely coming in February," Havoc, half of the hip-hop mainstays, said Tuesday. "When it comes out, there will be no disappointments. You have a lot of dudes putting out albums and they're not even putting their full efforts into it. We're putting in our full efforts."

The duo, which also includes Prodigy, have a first single dropping in the next few days called "Gangsta Roll."

"It's a definite street banger," Havoc boasted. "One of those dark-sounding bass joints. Basically we're rapping about the streets and how n---as roll, how we hold it down."

Mobb Deep had a little help holding it down this time out. Nate Dogg appears on a track called "Dump," and Nelly and Lil Jon appear on two other records that have yet to be titled.

Productionwise, Havoc did most of the beats as usual, while their good friend the Alchemist contributed two tracks. Another producer they hope to secure before wrapping up is Eminem. "That would be a shining moment," Havoc wished aloud.

In the meantime, Mobb Deep are getting ready to join the G-Unit on the road. Originally Mobb Deep's camp and the LOX's camp said both factions would be touring this fall with 50 Cent and company, but the LOX have yet to be added.

The G-Unit have been on this particular run by themselves since October 27. Mobb Deep join the bill on Thursday for 14 dates. Havoc said more road stops will likely be added.

Mobb Deep's tour dates with the G-Unit, according to Jive Records:

* 11/6 - Chicago, IL @ Congress Theater
    * 11/7 - Minneapolis, MN @ Quest
    * 11/9 - Philadelphia, PA @ TBA
    * 11/14 - Denver, CO @ Paramount
    * 11/15 - Tucson, AZ @ Pima County Fairground
    * 11/16 - Phoenix, AZ @ Celebrity Theater
    * 11/17 - Los Angeles, CA @ TBA
    * 11/18 - Los Angeles, CA @ TBA
    * 11/19 - San Francisco, CA @ TBA
    * 11/22 - Boyton Beach, FL @ Ovasion
    * 11/23 - Orlando, FL @ Hob
    * 11/24 - Jacksonville, @ Plush
    * 11/25 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
    * 11/26 - Detroit, MI @ State Theater

mtv

pappy

Re:Mobb Deep to hook up with Eminem, Nate Dogg for new CD
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2003, 09:02:55 PM »
wtf they better have a fuckin show in new york or else..... imma throw something at my lil brother

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 09:35:16 PM »
wtf? Nelly & Lil Jon? cmon mannn....that aint what tha Mobb is about....shiiiit....

I been anticipatin this shit for a while....hope it comes out raw as fuck like it's suppose to....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2003, 09:40:05 PM »
wtf? Nelly & Lil Jon? cmon mannn....that aint what tha Mobb is about....shiiiit....

rofl..thats what i was thinkin...could you just imagine nelly now? "uh they call me da dirty mobb figga, its gettin hot in here, take off yo pants nigga!"

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2003, 10:25:53 PM »
Sounds good. So who's all in this tour? Just Mobb Deep and G-Unit? Whatever happened to D-Block?

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2003, 11:43:50 PM »

I been anticipatin this shit for a while....hope it comes out raw as fuck like it's suppose to....

Word..
I'll add Eminem to that list and feel Rod's pain..
Mobb Deep ain't about that bullshit.

A reluctent M.O.BB fan
Hatesrats 2oooTre

eS El Duque

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2003, 07:13:19 AM »

Word..
I'll add Eminem to that list and feel Rod's pain..
Mobb Deep ain't about that bullshit.

A reluctent M.O.BB fan
Hatesrats 2oooTre

Why Eminem? Em gots as much of skill as Mobb Deep...maybe more

The Watcher

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2003, 07:20:37 AM »
Em can do nice dark beats, would suit Mobb Deep nicely. Like it or not, people are diggin Em's beats and lyrics
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2003, 10:30:48 AM »
hatersrat why do you keep hating on eminem lol

KVB

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2003, 10:41:17 AM »
If Em can hook up a dark beat like "Moment Of Clarity" for Mobb Deep I'm all for it, I'm sure it would suit them well. Who knows, maybe he can help them resurrect their career after absymal albums like Infamy and Free Agents....

I would much rather see him spit a verse than producing, though, but I know they don't want Em outshining them on their own shit.

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2003, 11:31:35 AM »
Having Lil' Jon and Nelly on the album makes no sense whatsoever to me but having Eminem produce a track or two is fine.  He'll do a great job for sure.  

Dispite those two idiotic guest appearances, this should still be better than the underrated and unfairly shit-on Infamy.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2003, 04:53:29 PM »
Lil Jon & Nelly, what the fuck is all that about. And Nate Dogg as well, that ain't what Mobb Deep are about. At least Eminem will only be producing one track, I think that will be more than enough. I don't really understand why they need any outside producers or guests on the album really, I mean between Havoc and Alchemist you have more than enough talent to produce a whole album, and the only person I really wanna see guesting on a Mobb record is Big Noyd, although Raekwon and Q-Tip would be dope as well. Good to know that the lead single at least sounds like some classic Mobb shit.

SGV

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2003, 05:03:06 PM »
LMAO @ Eminem's dark beats. Lil Jon's dark beats are much better. I could see Prodigy rocking over a dark Lil Jon beat. Much like Jada and Styles did on "Knockin' Heads Off" off of "Kings Of Crunk." Now, I don't know about Nelly, but LMAO! Mobb Deep are really letting the label tell them where to take their styles.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2003, 10:15:52 AM »
Nelly on a Mobb Deep album? Please...