Author Topic: i need help with pain  (Read 281 times)

pappy

i need help with pain
« on: November 11, 2003, 09:46:23 PM »
i got this really weird pain when i run.  i run a lot.  i run 3 miles at night about 3-4 times a week an recently i have been gettin this really weird pain in my shin.  Its like numbing pain.  an it gets to the point i really cant run.  an its just in my left shin.  i have knee problems but when i run they aint bothering.  some1 said it could possibly be that somehow my knee is runnin up against nerves n that can be causing the pain

JTSimon

Re:i need help with pain
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2003, 09:54:56 PM »

Hittman2001

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 12:48:01 AM »
it could be shin splints(or splits).  i used to get them when i ran track.  i would get bruises on my shins and calves from running.  sometimes it felt like they were going to snap on me.  but the only way for me to get rid of them was to not run for a week or two.  once they went away, i would start running and everything would be alright.  two weeks later they would come back.  my track coach always told us that once you have them, they dont really ever go away(as long as you run).

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 06:36:15 AM »
Yeah sounds like shin splints to me too bro...

...nothin you can do but rest ...some people advocate that it is also partially down to your diet / intake and a lack of nutrients...

...but rest is the best plan bro  :(

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 07:42:30 AM »
Man, it sounds like shin splints to me too. But if I were
you, I would go to the doctor and be a 100 % sure....
Huh...
Peace

"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Don Seer

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 07:48:04 AM »
yup i thought this too..

of course it could mean amputation if you see a doc ;)

hector

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2003, 11:42:06 AM »
don't run on the pavement as much.  and ice em down when you are done running.

Doggystylin

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2003, 05:14:50 PM »
NUMBER 1 THING TO DO

DONT TAKE ANY MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A RAP/HIPHOP BOARD LIKE WCC AND GO SEE A DOCTOR INSTEAD OR SOMEONE SOMEWHAT KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THE HUMAN BODY AND HOW IT FUNCTIONS,WHICH PROBABLY NOT MANY OF THESE HEADS ON HERE DO FROM MY UNDERSTANDING AFTER NEARLY 3 YEARS ON HERE.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2003, 05:20:23 PM »
NUMBER 1 THING TO DO

DONT TAKE ANY MEDICAL ADVICE FROM A RAP/HIPHOP BOARD LIKE WCC AND GO SEE A DOCTOR INSTEAD OR SOMEONE SOMEWHAT KNOWLEDGEABLE ABOUT THE HUMAN BODY AND HOW IT FUNCTIONS,WHICH PROBABLY NOT MANY OF THESE HEADS ON HERE DO FROM MY UNDERSTANDING AFTER NEARLY 3 YEARS ON HERE.

Not taking advice from a rap/hip-hop board would also include not taking the advice you just gave him above...Contradiction at it's finest...LoL

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2003, 05:40:41 PM »
wheres Blade when ya need his medical advise!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2003, 06:02:44 PM »
wheres Blade when ya need his medical advise!

Blade was dumb...LoL...He just tried using all these big words to sound itelligent...Most of the medical shit he posted was just copied from websites...Go back and read his first 50 posts on WCC, and you'll see what I mean...PeACe

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2003, 06:57:55 PM »
^I disagree...U just dunno because u & him never got along like that...why? who knows...it's only tha internet...

booksmartness aside...blade's a smart dood, prolly more smart than most of us in here, he helped me out alot on some real issues and shit....

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2003, 08:53:23 PM »
^I disagree...U just dunno because u & him never got along like that...why? who knows...it's only tha internet...

booksmartness aside...blade's a smart dood, prolly more smart than most of us in here, he helped me out alot on some real issues and shit....

I'm just saying, looking back at his early posts, he seemed like a real idiot...Then out of no where, he started tryna' sound all intelligent and shit by using big vocabulary etc...I dunno though, I've always pictured him being a dumb guy tryna' get accepted as smart...Whatever though...LoL

Suga Foot

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2003, 11:41:24 PM »
Naw, I got to know blade pretty good, he seriously is a smart guy.  Not just booksmarts, just all around smart.  

Anyway, I had shin splints when I was playing baseball, my trainer told me that it's from running on hard surfaces(pavement), then soft surfaces(grass).  

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2003, 08:04:41 AM »
nobody knows how anybody on here is in real life. WCC is just a bunch of charactors comin together makin posts. I used to get shin splints all the time but ihavent had one in a while