Author Topic: Jay-Z gets booooooooooooooed on air  (Read 539 times)

JTSimon

N-Sane Brain

Re:Jay-Z gets booooooooooooooed on air
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2003, 07:57:24 AM »
That's an old one ;) I don't know whether I discussed it on that board or on another, but the guy who's callin' is right. I don't think he disrespects Jay-Z, he just wants to know why Jigga is rappin' over everyone's beats (probably concerning to the many Neptunes productions in the last time). Jigga is talented (and also rich) enough to choose nearly every producer he wants (he even got Quick for his new album), so why the fuck does he think to have to rap over Neptunes beats? They ruined "The Black Album" with their two productions >:(

wolfgang1369

• Lil Geezy
  • fresh
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2003, 03:49:20 PM »
look, no disrespect, but i don't agree with the last comment or homie on the radio ... what is a dope beat? does it have to be hard or g-funk to be dope? i don't think so at all ... as a matter of fact some of the nastiest beats are r&b or mellow or clubby ... i gotta admit, i love allure (neptunes) off of jay-z's album, and justify my thug (dj quik) is definitely nice ... i also like encore and my 1st song, which are on a totally different vibe ... that is exactly what is great about jay-z; he can flip more styles and flow over more diverse beats than just about anyone else out there ... i remember hearing people dissing jay for rhyming over an unknown (at the time) virginia producer's beat on nigga what, nigga who because the beat was too weird ... personally speaking, i don't let radio make my choice for me, either by solely embracing or outright rejecting whatever they're playing ... i like to decide what's dope, and if radio plays it, well good for them.

teecee

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2003, 11:21:18 PM »
ya, i am not the biggest neptunes fan but ALLURE is actually an incredible track if you get your head out of your ass and clean the shit out of your ears.

Great beat, and Pharrell only sings for like 2 seconds at the start and endm, and thats it.  Great song, once i actually listened to it and gave it a fair chance

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 04:48:18 AM »
I decide what's dope for myself too, so don't start judgin' me like this. But I don't like some beats Jigga is rappin' over. Now everybody could say that other people like the beats, but sometimes it seems that he just needs one famous producer to get played on TV. I don't say that the Neptunes always produced bad beats for Jay-Z (I like "I Just Wanna Love You" very much for example), but just listen to "Change Clothes & Go" - that song is whack as fuck. Even many fans of those tracks with a "commercial-touch" dislike the song. And that's why it seems that Jigga thought, that he MUST have a Neptunes-production on the album, even if it's whack and that's the point! Unfortunately he also made it the first single ::)

teecee

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 11:52:49 PM »
Uh, i never said Change clothes was good, i said listen to ALLURE ALLURE ALLURE again.....you said Neptunes ruined the Black ALbum, but did you really listen to ALlure or just right it off after listening to Change CLothes?  That is what i did at first, but realzied ALlure does NOT sound like the typical neptunes joint.        peace

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2003, 07:49:07 AM »
I'm no Neptunes-hater, actually I liked some joints of "Clones", but I don't like "Allure" either. But it's just because I don't like such "soft" songs, but to judge objectively I have to say that the beat is not bad... for a "soft" song ;D Believe me, I'm not that type of fan/hater who judges something before I even listened to it (that's why I'm downloadin' every album of Ja Rule [although I only liked his first one], every album of Nelly [although I only liked his first one too], etc.). But compared to the other tracks on "The Black Album" it's one of the worst songs in my opinion.

teecee

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2003, 11:07:22 AM »
ITs all good, i feel what you are saying.  Alot of the other songs on TBA have way harder hitting beats, save for the two Neptunes joints and maybe Dec.4.........good to see you got an open mind.  peace

I TO DA GEEZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Humankind will thrive on compassion
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2003, 11:44:22 AM »
The claim is kinda childish, HipHop basicly was based on sampling and recreating past hits, mixen them with in each other, Givin' them a new meaning and personallity, so I don't really know how he'S been bumpin HipHop since 81 and was not aware of that, another thing though, he claims to recognise Jay's skillz yet admits on fast forwarding most of his albums cause of the beats, now isn't that a true beat listener?.Imo beats are secondary to lyrics ,my only beat-demand is a beat that  deliver's a proper dinamic background for dinamic lyricism, a dope MC can make the poorest beat be amazingly suitable.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2003, 11:45:17 AM by I TO DA GEEZY »
We are all human beings isn't that a good enough reason for peace?

Jim Jones

• Banned
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2003, 08:41:17 AM »
That's an old one ;) I don't know whether I discussed it on that board or on another, but the guy who's callin' is right. I don't think he disrespects Jay-Z, he just wants to know why Jigga is rappin' over everyone's beats (probably concerning to the many Neptunes productions in the last time). Jigga is talented (and also rich) enough to choose nearly every producer he wants (he even got Quick for his new album), so why the fuck does he think to have to rap over Neptunes beats? They ruined "The Black Album" with their two productions >:(

shut up bitch. You're talkin so negative about quik cuz you never  heard any of his albums. Go listen to Safe & Sound & Rthymalism and then tell me hes a wack producer.   I love the "Justify My Thug" beat. Its Hard as fuck.  Not everyone is gonna like it but that don't mean hes wack. Eminem got the worst beat on the album. Judging by your avatar you're a typical eminem groupie. You probably think hes god on the boards so Get over it fag.

Why am i even bothering myself to respond to your stupidity. You're from Germany. That ends all your credibility when it comes to hiphop. You have no say what so ever to talk on this matter so eat a pile of shit.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2003, 08:45:14 AM by precit »

West C. Connected

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2003, 09:44:49 AM »
Why am i even bothering myself to respond to your stupidity. You're from Germany. That ends all your credibility when it comes to hiphop. You have no say what so ever to talk on this matter so eat a pile of shit.

::)

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2003, 10:12:07 AM »
God damn, you're so fuckin' stupid, it's not even funny ::) Let's comment on your stupidity step by step:

1) Show me where I said that Quick is a bad producer. I said Jay-Z is so well-known, he could even get Quick for his album to produce. In Germany this sentence would be understood as a great pleasure, but it seems that there where you comes from they're so gangsta that they understand all things in the different way than it was meant. I wish I could be like you OG's :o

2) Look at my avatar seriously. I only did both -Eminem and Canibus- on one image, because the two pictures look very equal, what I found funny, because (as you surely know) they both got "beef" for years now. Now there's only one problem: Because of what rapper did I use that avatar - Eminem or Canibus? That's were your IQ ends with it's possibility, so I'm gonna help you: I wrote under the picture "Ya Teef Iz Yellow", which was a diss from Canibus towards Eminem of his "'C' True Hollywood Stories". According to  an average German pupil we have to say, that I'm obviously a Canibus fan, but it's obviously too difficult for fuckfaces like you to understand that.

Okay, you think that Germans don't know about rap? Than I'ma have to say that you dumbfucks don't even understand your own language. So next time read two times before judgin' like that.

And now I want my karma-point back ;D Yesterday I still had 12 8)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2003, 01:50:08 PM »
change clothes was so wack, without it the album would be a lot better, allure was nice, i am also not much of a neptunes fan , but this beat was nice and i like calm tracks like these

D.R.E.-Dogg

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2003, 02:40:15 PM »

coming from a guy who obviously got difficulties with the english languange this sure is a funny statement.. i think that does "end all ur credibility" rather than what country u from doesn't it..

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2003, 03:16:10 PM »
"Ya Teef Iz Yellow" is probably the worst track/skit/song is the history of hip-hop.