Author Topic: Dre's Detox delayed -- for how long?  (Read 548 times)

Jome

Re:Dre's Detox delayed -- for how long?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2003, 09:02:19 PM »
wasnt hiphop site the source who "confirmed" the dr dre news about his bonus track on the jayz album & the nas/jayz feature  ::)

You gotta read further down, bwoy!!  :P

Closing out this week's news, we reported last week that two bonus tracks would be included on Jay-Z's The Black Album  Well, if you have copped the LP, by now you know that those two tracks; a Dr. Dre produced track and a Mel-Man produced cut which features MC Lyte on the hook---are not included (didn't that reek of a anti-downloading publicity stunt to get you to purchase the album?) Anyway, here's apparently why...  The tracks were slated for inclusion, but with the LP being leaked early and the release date being bumped up, the last minute pressing prevented these tracks from being included (doesn't this reek of RIAA-esque anti-downloading propaganda?).  However, the latest is that both of these tracks maybe included on an upcoming Roc-A-Fella "greatest hits" installment that will be released in the next few months - (can we get a box set?!?!).

Covering their own asses..  ::)
They probably hope we'll forget all about until then..

kottonmouthninja

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2003, 10:17:51 PM »
How can be delayed an album that never had no release date?

Exactly what I was gonna say...

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2003, 12:25:34 AM »
wasnt hiphop site the source who "confirmed" the dr dre news about his bonus track on the jayz album & the nas/jayz feature  ::)

You gotta read further down, bwoy!!  :P

Closing out this week's news, we reported last week that two bonus tracks would be included on Jay-Z's The Black Album  Well, if you have copped the LP, by now you know that those two tracks; a Dr. Dre produced track and a Mel-Man produced cut which features MC Lyte on the hook---are not included (didn't that reek of a anti-downloading publicity stunt to get you to purchase the album?) Anyway, here's apparently why...  The tracks were slated for inclusion, but with the LP being leaked early and the release date being bumped up, the last minute pressing prevented these tracks from being included (doesn't this reek of RIAA-esque anti-downloading propaganda?).  However, the latest is that both of these tracks maybe included on an upcoming Roc-A-Fella "greatest hits" installment that will be released in the next few months - (can we get a box set?!?!).

Covering their own asses..  ::)
They probably hope we'll forget all about until then..

^

Daniza said in his post that jayz said on 106 and park that he never got to work with dre or premo sooooo what you gonnnaaa saaaaay nowww  :P btw they just wanna justify themself with this roc a fella greatest hits which is probably made up again to keep people hyped for the next 2 years
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

Mua ha ha

• 'G'
  • You Hear it First
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2003, 05:45:24 AM »
And, how would two new tracks be greatest hits?
Some say that if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, it plays satanic messages. That's nothing... if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

oh and by the way, I wasn't being racist, I was being prejudice.  I hate dumb people.  Dumb is not a race you fuckin moron.

The Watcher

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2003, 05:50:20 AM »
ppl need some reason to buy the album.. throw in 2 tracks they've never heard of and most people who dont download shit would buy it.. ie: tupac resurection OST
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Jome

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2003, 10:00:59 PM »
jayz said on 106 and park that he never got to work with dre or premo sooooo what you gonnnaaa saaaaay nowww  :P btw they just wanna justify themself with this roc a fella greatest hits which is probably made up again to keep people hyped for the next 2 years

???

Jay-Z have worked with Dre 3-4 times, and with Premo even more..

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2003, 03:23:29 AM »
Jome, it means he didn't get to work with Dre or Primo on the new album.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2003, 03:23:56 AM by T-Dizzog »

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2003, 05:58:31 AM »
Yeah it was... I've noticed that HipHopsite.com posts a lot of bullshit.

Bomb-A®

« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2003, 08:02:54 AM »
everytime i hear something like this i keep thinkin "this album is gonna be big"
altho i dont believ that bullshit about him stopping recording because ra and truth left.

peace