Author Topic: Russell Simmons still supports Eminem  (Read 172 times)

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Russell Simmons still supports Eminem
« on: November 23, 2003, 09:30:15 PM »
If you wanna read the full article then head over to DaShadySpot. What it basically states is that Russell Simmons and his Hip Hop Network are still supporting Em, who they gave an Achievment Award to a lil' while bacc in Detroit. Simmons says that when you're young you're dumb, as well as heavily influenced by your surroundings. He also says that he believes Em's sincerity for his apology.

Anyways, it looks like Gay Ray has made another bad move.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Russell Simmons still supports Eminem
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2003, 02:58:02 AM »
Always gotta copy & paste, fellas here are too lazy to go read it themselves...

This is what Russell (and the Hip-Hop Summit Action Network) said:
These lyrics are disgusting, but the oneness of hip-hop culture has transformed many young people in trailer parks around the country away from their parents' old mindset of white supremacy," Russell Simmons said. "We believe Eminem's apology is sincere and forthright. He continues not only to be an icon of hip-hop, but also has evolved into a good soldier who gives back money, time and energy to the community, encouraging this generation of youth to reach their highest aspirations.

Real talk, summarizes the way I feel nicely.

eNgIeS

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2003, 03:26:20 AM »
Good to see not all people are so ignorant, immature & vengefull, just SOME at the Source (believe it or not i corresponded with employees of the Source that are fans of Em & 50)

Last Dragon

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2003, 06:41:29 AM »
HAve any of the other elites in Hip-Hop responded to the EM tape?  I know Sway said he wasn't going to hold it against EM, and Funkmaster Flex said the same thing.  HAs Nas, Outkast, D-Block, etc. said anything about it?

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 11:05:50 AM »
True words from Russel...I'm glad to hear that.