Author Topic: Am I The Only One?  (Read 198 times)

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Am I The Only One?
« on: November 26, 2003, 10:38:47 AM »
That feels that the Black Album isn't worth all the hype. I mean there's some standout tracks but i don't think that it's real solid all the way through. The fact that he left off the Primo tracks and out on half of the tracks on the cd is rediculous. Don't get me wrong, this is an above average release but nowhere near classic status. At least that's the way i feel after a couple listens. The tracks i feel are:

What More Can I Say
Threat
99 Problems (Easily The Best Joint)
Public Service Announcement
Lucifer
My 1st Song

Ok Tracks:
Justify My Thug
December 4th
Encore
Dirt Off Your Shoulders
Moment Of Clarity

Wack Tracks:
Change Clothes And Go
Allure

i really can't stand that Primo got the shaft and those two Neptunes made the cut, maybe i'm just a little disappointed and my opinion might change as the cd grows on me but i just don't get the chills i got when i first heard Reasonalbe Doubt and Blueprint...even Volume1 & 2 and also The Dynasty sounded alot better to me, but i guess time will tell how i really feel about this cd, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

KURUPTION-81

Re:Am I The Only One?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 10:42:46 AM »
i totally agree with you, i enjoyed the album but it isant consistantly good all the way through.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 12:43:45 PM »
Jay-Z's wack, but the productin is bangin'.

UDollar A.K.A Nino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm sorry you had to see me like that...
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2003, 02:49:41 PM »
ill give it 3 out of 5....
Nothing special, just an average album with a few good cuts....
some people overrate it a lot, but then again that might be there opnion and style....

Huh.....
Peace

"I have loved you," says the LORD. "Yet you say, 'In what way have you loved us?' "Was not Esau Jacob's brother?" Says the LORD. "Yet Jacob I have loved" - Malachi 1:2

The final season of Lost - 2010

Jome

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2003, 06:13:09 PM »
I give it 4 solid mics.. 2-3 tracks could easily have been left off, and with all the hype of Dre and Primo-tracks, the disappointment automatically removes half a mic.
The album also lacks a real headbanger/huge track.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2003, 07:04:37 PM »
I give it 4 solid mics.. 2-3 tracks could easily have been left off, and with all the hype of Dre and Primo-tracks, the disappointment automatically removes half a mic.
The album also lacks a real headbanger/huge track.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2003, 07:36:58 PM »
only songz I wuz really feelin were "Justify My Thug", "Moment of Klarity" & "What More Kan I Say". tha ress wuz Blan
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2003, 07:45:21 PM »
Disagree. Only song I didn't like was Change Clothes. It's all opinion but I'm loving this album.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2003, 07:49:50 PM »
Disagree. Only song I didn't like was Change Clothes. It's all opinion but I'm loving this album.

i agree. this album is blazin from start to finish bar one song
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2003, 08:37:37 AM »
I think it's his third-best album (after "Reasonable Doubt" and "The Blueprint")! The only songs I don't feel are the "Intro" and the single "Change Clothes". Even "Allure" is okay after a few listenings. I like the album very much - it's in my record-player since it's release 8)

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2003, 09:41:30 AM »

i agree. this album is blazin from start to finish bar one song

to quote jay "what more can i say?"

Diabolical

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2003, 09:43:33 AM »
Change Clothes  Isnt Bad Apart From The Chorus