Author Topic: Kokane says "Fuck Snoop Dogg"... Audio Inside  (Read 1351 times)

Lil Suge Knight

Re:Kokane says "Fuck Snoop Dogg"... Audio Inside
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2003, 04:58:18 PM »
All I gotta say is game recognize game, Kurupt and Kokane, fuck DPG they history, time to clear out those fake ass tricks, be it on wax or with licks!!!!!

Kurupt and Kokane, you got support here, earn your money the way you need to earn it, by yourself!!!!!!
These is dedicated to the niggaz down from day one!!!

budsmokeronly

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2003, 05:06:34 PM »
I can't believe the snoop dickriders.  you guys are unbelievable.

First off, fuck that shit that snoop introduced kokane to westcoast fans.  thats fuckin bullshit.  Maybe for you 16 year olds who just started listening to rap when eminem came out.  Kokane been out for years, and his best shit is from before he hooked up w/ snoop.  some even call his debut album Funk Upon a Rhyme a classic.  I don't call it a classic, but it is a very dope solid g funk album.

Now onto snoop:

First a few years ago, daz had beef w/ snoop, and they are fuckin cuzzins.  they wouldn't do any music together.  Also daz didn't sign to doggystyle records.  This situation is about the money.

Then kurupt, one of snoops best homies, goes back to the dpg nemesis, Suge Knight.  now kurupt and snoop have beef.   Why didn't he stick it out w/ snoop?  Again, because of money.

Tray Deee, who been down w/ snoop since the get go, and made 2 albums w/ him, and highly praised him in past interviews.  Now he left and has beef w/ snoop.  Again all about the money.

Kokane was all over last meal.  highly praised snoop in past interviews.  did a lot of music w/ dogghouse.  now you know his situation.  I'm sure its another money thing again.

No music between dre and snoop in awhile.  No dre production at all on snoops last solo.  why?  who knows, maybe money.

No album has dropped on doggystyle other than doggystyle allstars, the eastsidaz albums, and snoops solo.  How long has doggystyle been around?  2, 3 years?  how many different people have been rumored to be on the roster?  Sounds like soopafly ain't gonna be out for a long while according to his dubcnn interview.  Ms. Toi was supposed to come out months ago, but we all know it ain't gonna drop.  What about RBX?  wasn't he rumored to be on there?  I heard snoop claim him as a doggystyle allstar on the radio.  what about lil half dead,and e-white?  they gonna be droppin albums on dpg records.  Why?  why the fuck do you think, cause $$$.  they will make more dropping the album on dpg recordz.

why didn't warren g or nate dogg sign w/ snoop?  aren't they best friends?

any of this sound familiar?  where have we seen this almost exact situation?  Suge knight and Deathrow.  Hell at least suge must be paying the guys over there pretty decent right now.  I'm sure kurupt and crooked I made more money w/ suge than  kokane and tray deee did w/ snoop.

Its a fucked up deal.  snoop is a sellout, he is all about the money, and he is being too greedy.  Look how many of his good music relationships he fucked up.

teecee

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2003, 05:15:53 PM »
Where would Kokane be without SNoop?  OUT THA GAME !!!!  Thats right, wasnt nobody checking for kokane b4 snoop put him on damn near every song on last meal; next thing u know kokane was featured on many westcoast album and even eastcoast albums.....its too bad what is happening right now, but kokane should just bounce and do his thing and be thankful for the opportunity snoop gave him.  I mean, no one else at the time was checking for kokane despite his obvious talent, so he cant be all mad at snoop.  

Anyway, ditching snoop may be good for kokane, but is hooking up with kurupt?

And by the way, i am NOT saying saying snoop made kokane in anyway, i have always enjoyed is music and know he has been an integral part of the westcoast music scene since damn near the beginning>..

And you guys are right, Snoop is a sellout in a way cuz he realizes if it aint making him money, he aint fucking with it.....and as much as wed all like to believe , there is no way in hell kokane is gonna sell more than 100, 000, more like 20-30 k.  peace

smoke562

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2003, 07:42:33 PM »
you's make good points on both sides :)
peace

TSmitty

• Lil Geezy
  • IV Life=The Future
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2003, 10:32:57 PM »
lmao "im a legend"....thats pure comedy
"Im Cavi which only means Young Buc Dope"-Young Buc-Tales from the Block

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2003, 04:31:10 AM »
I'm under the impression everybody wants to call Snoop a bastard. Of course,I don't know the entire situation with all of them but I think everyone's disrespectful to him. Tray Deee should remember Snoop brought him in back in the day and if it wasn't for Snoop uniting him with Goldie Loc,he wouldn't have had his best partner in rhyme and would probably have remained rather insignificant,dropping the odd guest feature here and there.
Kokane might not have been discovered by Snoop but he was sure as hell rediscovered by him.If it wasn't for Snoop,Kokane surely wouldn't have had as many guestfeatures as he had since 2000,he sure as hell wouldn't have been doing music with Busta Rhymes or Cypress Hill..."Bad Azz you my nigga", "Tha Eastsidaz,you my homies!" and "Kurupt we're gonna make it happen"? First think about who got you in contact with them.

Man that's not the point. It's a double medal. Snoop rediscovered Kokane, but Kokane helped Snoop making a good album out of The Last Meal. Snoop launched Tray Deee musically, but Eastsidaz helped Snoop to make his best albums under Doggystyle Records. Everybody gotta give props to Snoop for it, you're right. But here they're talking about money. Snoop cant "use" them. It's not business to say "i've discovered you". Fuck that. Business is "do something with me and you'll get paid". Expecially if you've dissed the fuck outta Suge Knight leaving Death Row and one of the reasons was that Snoop blamed him for not paying him. "I break the breed with my homies", "i'm different", "that's why everybody wanna sign with Doggystyle"... those are Snoop's words! It doesnt matter that he signed Tray Deee. He had to break that fucking breed. Snoop is now very similar to dubcnn. Rappers use him to promote their future albums. I do an album with Snoop, i dont get paid, but i get a name. And my next album i'll release it solo and on another label. What?

That isn't a reason to be talking shit behind his back.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

dexter

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2003, 08:42:08 AM »
THE West doesnt give props 2 peeps that help them. Kokane anyone?

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2003, 08:47:01 AM »

That isn't a reason to be talking shit behind his back.

he doesnt talk shit behind his back he made it official. just for your info, this news has already been mentioned on the radios out there after i put it up! thats how fast shit spreads. so its behind his back ;)

MarshColin

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2003, 09:21:58 AM »
man fuck ya'll saying kokane should appreciate that snoop brought him back into the game.  its true that he wouldnt be as near big as he is now if it wasnt for snoop putting him on hella songs.  but man, if you do work for somebody, you gotta get paid!!  especially from somebody who got bank like snoop, aint like dudes hurting for that paper!  thats all that it boils down to is the money, exactly like acgrundy said.  i dont care how big of a favor snoop did for him, thats bullshit if he wasnt paying him.  i sure as hell doubt any of you fucks would do something different if you were in kane's shoes!  

Hydro

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2003, 09:29:49 AM »
For everyone defending Snoop, answer these questions: If you were in the same situation as Tray Deee & Kokane, & Snoop owed you money, & he wouldn't give you the money that you earned, would y'all still be cool with that? OK, let's put it this way, if you have a job & you worked your ass off & when Pay Day rolled around, your boss didn't give you your pay check, would that be cool with you? HELL NO!

And just because some people think that Snoop "Introduced" Kokane & Tray Deee to the fans, that doesn't give Snoop the right to with-hold money from his artists. That's just bad business. All these years, people were bitching about Suge Knight not paying his artists & now Snoop's artists are complaining that he's doing the same thing.

I'm a Snoop fan but it seems that some of Suge's business pracitces rubbed off onto Snoop.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2003, 09:49:35 AM by Hydro »

NOW AVAILABLE------->Click HERE To Download

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2003, 09:57:19 AM »
For everyone defending Snoop, answer these questions: If you were in the same situation as Tray Deee & Kokane, & Snoop owed you money, & he wouldn't give you the money that you earned, would y'all still be cool with that? OK, let's put it this way, if you have a job & you worked your ass off & when Pay Day rolled around, your boss didn't give you your pay check, would that be cool with you? HELL NO!

And just because some people think that Snoop "Introduced" Kokane & Tray Deee to the fans, that doesn't give Snoop the right to with-hold money from his artists. That's just bad business. All these years, people were bitching about Suge Knight not paying his artists & now Snoop's artists are complaining that he's doing the same thing.

Sure they should get paid but they shouldn't act like Snoop's done nothing for them when that isn't the case.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

Efrain

« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2003, 10:05:43 AM »
For everyone defending Snoop, answer these questions: If you were in the same situation as Tray Deee & Kokane, & Snoop owed you money, & he wouldn't give you the money that you earned, would y'all still be cool with that? OK, let's put it this way, if you have a job & you worked your ass off & when Pay Day rolled around, your boss didn't give you your pay check, would that be cool with you? Even if y'all were friends? HELL NO!

I'm a Snoop fan but it seems that some of Suge's business pracitces rubbed off onto Snoop.

See, that’s where I'm not so sure people like Tray and Kokane are right in all this. I mean to say that they don’t owe snoop shit for him bring them into the game, or reintroducing them to the game just isn’t true.. they do owe him. I'm not a Snoop groupie or any shit like that but I mean come on, if "The Eastsidaz" were just Tray Deee and Goldie Loc then you would have NEVER heard of them. And Kokane, I'll be honest I had no fucking idea who he was until he started singing hooks on Snoop and Co.'s records.. I don’t know what he was doing before he hooked up with Snoop but it definitely never caught my attention.

It seems like we always see this type of shit when the big star brings up the newer, younger or less famous artists. After they get down on a bunch of records their heads start to get big and they believe they’re entitled to all this money and THEY’RE the real reason the big star is selling and they’re this and that etc etc... but in reality these guys are 2nd or 3rd rate rappers/artists who break off thinking there headed to super stardom and you never hear of them again. And that’s not knocking Kokane or Tray Deee whom both I like but it’s just the truth.

MarshColin

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2003, 12:33:32 PM »
After they get down on a bunch of records their heads start to get big and they believe they’re entitled to all this money and THEY’RE the real reason the big star is selling and they’re this and that etc etc... but in reality these guys are 2nd or 3rd rate rappers/artists who break off thinking there headed to super stardom and you never hear of them again.

Man fuck that shit.  How can you say that they only "believe they're entitled to all this money."  That's bullshit. You aint seen the contracts.  You aint heard the verbal agreements.  You aint been there to know if they owe them or not.  Thats why tray deee and goldie loc are taking it to court, because snoop had contractual obligations to pay them and he didnt!!!  How can you disagree with that and say they're wrong in doing that?  THEY'RE OWED MONEY AND THATS THE BOTTOMLINE.  

The stardom that snoop gave them came with the territory.  Its not like snoop didnt think kokane would become famous after he put kokane on like every song on Last Meal.  Snoop knew he would get big.  And if snoop makes somebody else get big because they were on his record then SNOOP also benefits from it because more people are gonna buy his album.  If Snoop had actually put out a kokane album then this would be way different.  But Snoop benefitted just as much as kokane did, if not more, by putting him on his albums.  And if Snoop can't pay him, then thats just wack.  Snoop is such a fake muthafucka these days.  He's a pimp, hes a gangsta, hes a family man, hes a movie star.  What next?  Con Artist?  oh my bad he already did that one too.

This is just real talk and if you deny that then you are full of shit!

OGCYCO

• Lil Geezy
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2003, 02:03:08 PM »
What MarshColin said is the real deal. . . .

Also remember pays the 20's so why not pay the niggaz who are holding him down in the booth. Without Tray Deee and Goldie, Snoop is a soft-core artist that has sold his soul.
CPTCYCO one of the original compton grandees. . .

Whats Up Daddy V and the Comptown Crips. . .
http://invisiblemachines.com/daddyvsm1.jpg

GODBODY

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2003, 02:23:52 PM »
well it's nothing new that Kane and Snoop had some disagreements stemming from the beginning of the year and I know a lil history of both, but it all comes down to PROPER REPRESENTATION. And unfortunately my kinfolks in this business are seriously lacking the art of making proper business moves. None of y'all FANS can slam Snoop, Kane, or the Eastsidaz for bad business deals. I'm pretty sure none have never seen an actual recording contract that mimics a mini-novel and there are so many loop-holes in a contract where either side can take advantage of another. My man Tom Silverman told me during talks with an artist I was representing at the time, if you don't know the business or willing to spend money on a good attorney, you can't be mad if your chips don't add up at the end. Also the music business is notorious for breaking up friendships. So, regardless to how some of y'all feel about the artists mentioned, if they don't really study the business (and it takes more than reading some library books), you can't blame anyone but yourself and all contracts have shit that can end a career if not studied, changed etc.
Most of these responses on here are like Kokane's response EMOTIONAL. Proper business etiquette would be "wait shit ain't addin' up let me talk to homeboy (CEO) about it" if that don't clear up then you take it to your lawyer and see if things are followed as specified in the contract, if your lawyer(s) and accountant(s) both agree that something ain't right, then they take care of it (dealing with the label's legal staff)from there. If the label is really fucking up, then it can be handled fairly easy, but if you don't really have the foundation to be built on, then you are "ass-out." And dealing with labels and seeing how "crookedly honest" some are, you have to be on your P's and Q's.
Again I don't know what the specifics of the contract is, but if shit was really that bad, then by the time the Eastsidaz started getting their first royalties, if the percentage didn't add up to what was sold and stated in their contracts, then the "light bulb" should of went on.
I've seen some "reasonable" contracts like on Tommy Boy and I've seen some real sha...I'll say real "questionable" contracts from the Rza's old label(s). And IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE BUSINESS ENTIRELY, YOU WILL GET FUCKED. I still have to contact my publishing people on occasion when I come across labels using songs and not doing the proper paperwork, it rarely happens, but I had to personally check a few labels in the past to make sure fmy kinfolk get their just due. But besides Kokane not giving up the real about who really brought him in the game and gave him the funky vibe, homeboy should of just kept shit quiet and let his management/lawyers really get to the gist of it all, it's real easy (but may take some time) to get a settlement if a label fucks up and they do fuck up( or try to cut corners to save them money, never the artist) most of the time. Just to say fuck so and so because your paper trail ain't right adds un-neccessary bullshit to the fold, now if you weren't about your business from the start and you get played, you can't blame Snoop, the label, the distributor, etc. it all comes down to self. I've made bad decisions before when I worked at a few labels and learned from them and some of them fools still owe me money, but we did the homie deal and shook hands then a month or two later they go bankrupt and my scrill is nill. But I knew shit was shady from the start, but it's all a process.
So either it's Snoop's fault or Kokane/Eastsidaz fault. Fuck a beat and a rhyme if you don't know what a mechanical royalty is or what is the industry standard for percentage that a label is supposed to pay of the artist's prevailing statutory rate or any other basic info like that, then you just have to say "man I fucked myself up, I can't blame the label too much I should of REALLY did my homework." When you sign your name on a contract, friendship and homies from the block is out the door, this shit is a business. So it don't matter how many izzle's Snoop says, or if he is a pimp, g, or a daddy, it's about having PROPER REPRESENTATION and most fools nowadays don't have that.
To be honest you are better of releasing your own product independently. You will come out the pocket more, but after a year when everything is recouped, your cheese looks that much better and all the middle men are cut out. Y'all would be amazed how much money an artist who is on a major gets back? I've gotten paid way before an artist even received their first royalty check.
So fuck west-coast unity and all that FIND SOME UNITY IN GETTING THE KNOWLEDGE OF THIS BUSINESS, SO YOU DON'T CALL UP AN ANSWERING MACHINE AND SAY FUCK SNOOP OR WHOEVER. IF SNOOP REALLY DID FUCK HIS PEOPLE OVER THEN THE ARTISTS' REPRESENTATION WILL SETTLE IT PROPERLY, BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY ARTISTS I'VE TALKED TO WHO REALLY DON'T KNOW BASIC CONTRACTUAL JARGON ARE GETTING PLAYED AND WHEN THEY GET DROPPED FROM A LABEL, THEN THEY SAY FUCK SO AND SO, CAUSE THEY EXPECT THE LABEL TO BE THEIR FRIEND, ALL LABELS ARE ENEMIES AND ARTISTS HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT.
Ask any artist when was the last time a label offered them the same dental, medical insurance perks that the label's staff gets? Death Row, Roc-A-Fella, Interscope, Shady, Aftermath, Def Jam, etc. etc. sure don't, that's why folks like Sam Sneed have to pay out of their pockets, when they are stricken with illnesses. So you can't blame a label 100% for every single error, the artist has to take some blame

Lastly, no one really heard about P-Town (Pomona) until ATL repped their hometown long before Suga or Kane came into the scene. Acknowledge your roots Kokane!!! Anybody who actually did a lil west-coast research would know that, but the majority of the new generation of fans could care less to do that.

But the question is saying "Fuck Snoop" what will that accomplish at the end of the day? Your alleged money won't come any faster. Fools will still do business with him regardless to if they think he is shady or not.
This is the music business, THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY HAS A HAZY SHADE OF CRIMINAL THAT ENCOMPASSES IT. It's something that you have to deal with or it will deal with you.