Author Topic: Ashton Kutcher to end PUNK'D  (Read 239 times)

mrtonguetwista

Ashton Kutcher to end PUNK'D
« on: December 12, 2003, 09:09:26 PM »
LOS ANGELES -- Ashton Kutcher says the joke is no longer on him -- or is it?

Kutcher said Friday he is pulling out of the MTV prank show "Punk'd" after two seasons. Although his representatives swear it's not a trick, anything the prankster Kutcher says must be taken with a bit of skepticism.

Allegedly ... the last new episode featuring the "That '70s Show" star is scheduled to run on Sunday, where the victim of a practical joke will be singer Beyonce Knowles.

"We have had an incredible time doing the show and have decided to stick with the old adage of 'leave 'em wanting more' and that's how we feel with the show," said Kutcher, 25, who stars and co-produces the series.

"Punk'd," a version of the old "Candid Camera" that preys on young celebrities, has become so popular that it eventually became hard to find unsuspecting famous rubes.

Among Kutcher's previous victims was singer Nick Lachey, who thought his wife Jessica Simpson had allowed her hillbilly relatives to move their trailer onto his mansion estate. Justin Timberlake was moved to panic when he thought all his belongings had been seized because he owed $900,000 in back taxes.

"Today is a sad day for MTV, but probably a happy day for Hollywood. Celebrities can rest a little easier knowing that the Punkings have ceased," said Lois Curren, an MTV executive in charge of series development.

It's possible the announcement is a trick aimed at duping new prank victims. A page on MTV's Web site that promotes Sunday's season finale pledges: "But don't worry, the new season starts in March."

Kutcher hasn't been in the Hollywood spotlight for long, but he is making the most of it. In 1997 He was a Biochemical Engineering Student at the University of Iowa, according to the online Internet Movie Database. Kutcher also worked for General Mills sweeping Cheerios dust from the floor in his home town of, Cedar Rapids, Iowa for $12 an hour.

Kutcher continues to make headlines with girlfriend Demi Moore.

SGV

Re:Ashton Kutcher to end PUNK'D
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 01:12:14 PM »
Kutcher also worked for General Mills sweeping Cheerios dust from the floor in his home town of, Cedar Rapids, Iowa for $12 an hour.

That's good money for just sweeping up dust.

[Stoned]Jesus H. Christ[Wheat]

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Reefer Addict - Abusing It Faster Than A $2 Whore
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2003, 08:40:05 PM »
Kutcher also worked for General Mills sweeping Cheerios dust from the floor in his home town of, Cedar Rapids, Iowa for $12 an hour.

That's good money for just sweeping up dust.

shit, I'd sweep dust for $12 US an hour
It's 4:20, are you smoking?

Lady Scarface

Agent725

• 'G'
  • The Square Pusha
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 03:23:01 AM »
shit I would be hella happy to sweep up dust in an air conditioned factory for that much an hour, shit im a welder and I only make that much an hour  :-[

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 06:25:42 PM »
hhehe, no cares about this show I guess?? I watched 2 eps and found it pretty boring and dumb

Lady Scarface

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 09:08:00 PM »
It's a rip off of Candid Camera.  I think he's smart for getting out now, like he said it leaves them wanting more, and will make him an even hotter commodity later on.  If he rode it till it died, people would think of him as the guy who used to have a hot show but the numbers dropped.  Now, people will think of him as a guy who's show was extremely hot and he walked away from it.  

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 09:09:45 PM »
Candid camera was even more dry

Lady Scarface

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2003, 09:10:41 PM »
It was the 60's, and hadn't been done before.  A lot of their stuff was more risque, too, like shooting women running naked in front of hollywood celebrities and things, etc.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2003, 09:37:28 PM »
It was the 60's, and hadn't been done before.  A lot of their stuff was more risque, too, like shooting women running naked in front of hollywood celebrities and things, etc.

true

Lady Scarface

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2003, 10:26:15 AM »
It's a rip off of Candid Camera.  I think he's smart for getting out now, like he said it leaves them wanting more, and will make him an even hotter commodity later on.  If he rode it till it died, people would think of him as the guy who used to have a hot show but the numbers dropped.  Now, people will think of him as a guy who's show was extremely hot and he walked away from it.  

Exactly.

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2003, 01:19:18 PM »
he's got demi moore.. i mean.. who cares about anything else?

Don Breezio

« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2003, 01:25:45 PM »
guess im the only one who enjoyed it...when he got justin timberlake to cry to his mom i wanted to shit my pants laughing...either way i dont watch tv anymore so im not going to miss it. but it was good for a laugh.