Author Topic: fuck mixtapes  (Read 427 times)

Young Griff

• Lil Geezy
Re:fuck mixtapes
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2004, 12:46:27 AM »
a lot of them big Heavyweight Hitters are radio DJ's so theyre getting money...the mixtapes are supposed to be for promotional use only but im sure theyre getting money off of them not just the bootleggers.  But if you are an up and coming rapper or producer and you get on one of these big name mixtapes that is promotion.  I dont like the tagging but the use of the DJ is helping out the artists.  Even if the DJs are getting the credit, the artists are getting the publicity.  

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2004, 03:19:18 AM »
btw flex has done sum dope mixtapes too, check out his "60 Minutes Of Funk" series (I got Vol. III), there's not ALOT of mixin on it, but still a bit of scratchin and shit AND he does not scream his name. worth the money IMO

Don Breezio

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2004, 10:51:14 AM »
btw flex has done sum dope mixtapes too, check out his "60 Minutes Of Funk" series (I got Vol. III), there's not ALOT of mixin on it, but still a bit of scratchin and shit AND he does not scream his name. worth the money IMO

i had 60 minutes of funk vol. IV and it was annoying...had good tracks but flex says his name tons of times:

"60 minutes of fuckin funk, vol 4! funk fliggity in the house baby!"

can't count how many times i heard that shit.

PLANT

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2004, 10:58:04 AM »
I like mixtapes, its good for the fans, and its also good promotion for the artists.  Whats wrong with that?

Don Breezio

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2004, 11:00:20 AM »
I like mixtapes, its good for the fans, and its also good promotion for the artists.  Whats wrong with that?

promotion is fine...but incomplete songs & shoutouts throughout them by people who have no talent in the first place is pointless and annoying.

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2004, 11:05:54 AM »

promotion is fine...but incomplete songs & shoutouts throughout them by people who have no talent in the first place is pointless and annoying.

Luke, have you honestly bought a mixtape?  If not quit your complaining, and enjoy the exclusive songs we have gotten from them.  and if so, don't buy anymore and just download them.

Don Breezio

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2004, 11:12:17 AM »

Luke, have you honestly bought a mixtape?  If not quit your complaining, and enjoy the exclusive songs we have gotten from them.  and if so, don't buy anymore and just download them.

no im wondering what the point is of sites like mixtapekings & buymixtapes when you can just download them. i dont think people should be making money off of doing nothing but shouting out their name over songs.

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2004, 11:15:50 AM »

no im wondering what the point is of sites like mixtapekings & buymixtapes when you can just download them. i dont think people should be making money off of doing nothing but shouting out their name over songs.

oh, but crappers like nelly should be making millions?  or tv shows like the bachelor should be making millions?  people in general are dumbasses, you have to understand that.  they like stupid things, they are easily entertained.  I would rather have gay slay making money than ja rule or 50 cent any day.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2004, 11:19:53 AM »

i had 60 minutes of funk vol. IV and it was annoying...had good tracks but flex says his name tons of times:

"60 minutes of fuckin funk, vol 4! funk fliggity in the house baby!"

can't count how many times i heard that shit.

aight like i said the one i got is vol. III which ain't like that...i think his name is said/scratched in or whutever between songs a couple times, but not in the middle of them

West C. Connected

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2004, 12:53:15 PM »

You can download albums too. ;)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2004, 05:52:27 PM »
If you go platinum, it's got nothing to do with luck
It just means a million people are stupid as fuck

Dip Set Movementarian 4 Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2004, 06:03:12 PM »
Yeah some of them are really annoying...But others are ok...Remember that skit that Pinokit did that was makin fun of them radio DJ's? That shit was hilarious...I still have it...