Author Topic: Kanye West, M.O.P. & Twista's new CD's will change the ROC-image..  (Read 456 times)

Jome

Roc-a-fella been having a "new-school wack young bucks" image for some time now.. and rightfully so, there's a lot of wack cats on there.. only their beats been good.

But after hearing the Kanye advance, the Twista sampler, and the new M.O.P. tracks, I gotta say ROC sails up as one of the most promising hiphop labels..
M.O.P. is vets, and so is Twista, but these albums might expose them to a bigger audience..

Kanye advance:

I was really impressed by this.. pure hiphop..
Dope cameos, dope beats, dope samples, and Kanye holds it down better than I thought..
He was OK on mixtapes, but he shows himself as a very solid rapper on here..
"Jesus walks" is amazing, and there's a lot of other strong cuts on there..

Twista sampler:
The sampler looks very promising, Twista switches back and forth from the superfast style, to a smooth but still hot flow..
All kinds of tracks on here, party tracks to regular hiphop, smooth jams, and straight bangers..
The southern production style suits Twista perfect, and is well executed, as well as some cuts which sounds like Kanye..

M.O.P. newish tracks:
"Fire" is just what it sounds like.. should be a hot single, if they choose that one.
The Jigga-collabo was dope, the other cuts has been dope too.. The only thing I miss is some Primo-production, but knowing Preem, he'll chip in a couple of tracks for the retail + do some mixing..
I hear they're leaving out the Posh Spice track, and all their latest work doesn't stray away from the M.O.P.-style, like some (SGV :P) said they would on the ROC..

Diabolical

Re:Kanye West, M.O.P. & Twista's new CD's will change the ROC-image..
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 12:03:20 PM »
Hopefully MOP will keep it gutter

SGV

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 03:39:05 PM »
I feel, if M.O.P. lets Kanye and Just Blaze touch TOO many tracks they're gonna make, while catchy, a soft album. They need to keep it hardcore and the voice samples down as much as possible. Twista and Kanye's albums will be hot.

We Fly High

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 04:02:00 PM »
that kanye early bootleg or whatever that was released.. i havent heard an album that consistent in a long ass time.
definitely producer of the year for me. man.. for reals though, hes on some tight ass shit, and actually knows what good music is. every song on there had a sick beat. and the features that he has, actually sound like they belong on the track, and dont sound like how a lotta collaborations sound, where they are just being tossed onto the track together with no chemistry whatsoever.
im glad i had the chance to watch him perform back in March earlier this year.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2003, 04:03:22 PM by justin718 »

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 05:53:00 AM »
I don't think that the Roc-A-Fella was whack back in the days, Jigga always dropped solid-dope albums, and Beanie's "The Truth" for example is also very good. But the problem was that they just had Jay-Z, Beanie Sigel and Memphis Bleek (Amil wasn't that long a member of the label), and only Jigga always dropped heat.

Now they have so many new young rappers like Geda K, Peedie, Freeway, etc. and many well-known rappers like Ol' Dirty, Twista, M.O.P., etc. And now their home-producers Just Blaze and Kanye West are respected by nearly the whole game (especially Kanye). That's why they're on the top now, but as I said before they never where whack in my eyes, but just too "little".

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 12:42:44 PM »
I feel, if M.O.P. lets Kanye and Just Blaze touch TOO many tracks they're gonna make, while catchy, a soft album. They need to keep it hardcore and the voice samples down as much as possible. Twista and Kanye's albums will be hot.

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 12:49:39 PM »
Roc-a-fella been having a "new-school wack young bucks" image for some time now..

to who? you?...the rocs image hasnt changed as much as you think...the only shit they've released to get them that image was that state property vol. 2 album...other than that nothing really has changed the image except to the people who have focused in on a can't stop wont stop remix w/ chingy and have started thinking thats the way the roc is going to be from now on. but then we got "the black album"...a perfectly good album...and still everyone says the roc is weak...then we hear of the roc files, memphis bleek, kanye west, etc...and still...most people (on wcc) think that the roc is weak...but yet 90% of the people who dont download all the shit...and actually listen to whats dropped commerically (black album, bleek, beanie, etc...) love the roc...including me...the roc hasnt changed worth shit...they've just expanded their style...thats all. all those 3 albums will do is keep them going strong...i dont think MOP will change from their normal style (thankfully), the kanye album is dope as fuck...and twista almost always comes dope...and thats the norm for most of the roc stuff anyway.

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 01:23:50 PM »
not really been fealin kayne west am i the only one?

twista raps too fast

mop is the only thing i'm looking forward to. i'd love3 to hear them on a remix of dirt of your shoulder jay z isn't really the right rapper for that beat. timmy shouldda given it to someone else like mop busta ludacris jadakiss or even outkast they'd know how to kill a track like that.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2003, 01:54:59 PM »
Kanye is amazing at producing, but just aight at spitting IMO. That Slow Jamz cut is bangin' for a slow song. I can't wait for Twista's album.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2003, 01:58:37 PM »
not really been fealin kayne west am i the only one?
yeah

...the only one i know at least

We Fly High

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2003, 03:01:51 PM »
just saw the kanye west slow james video on mtv2. pretty good video.
theres like a whole another new addiontal verse by twsita at the end, which is pretty sick
common makes a cameo in hte video playin cards with kanye at the table.
maybe song of the year .. damn..

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2003, 03:37:25 PM »
just saw the kanye west slow james video on mtv2. pretty good video.
theres like a whole another new addiontal verse by twsita at the end, which is pretty sick
common makes a cameo in hte video playin cards with kanye at the table.
maybe song of the year .. damn..

This is off topic, but is there like a website or something to order that gear in ya avatar? I've always wanted to find that WS and GFL shit but I can't even find it up in LA.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2003, 04:38:38 AM »
Yes YEs Yes...

....think i just got too excited over this prospect

Jome

« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2003, 09:10:15 PM »

;D

* Imagines how girls get too excited.. *  8)

Don Breezio

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2003, 09:11:21 PM »

;D

* Imagines how girls get too excited.. *  8)

^^has to imagine girls getting excited...can't get them excited yourself jome?