Author Topic: MC Eiht Appreciation Thread  (Read 411 times)

budsmokeronly

MC Eiht Appreciation Thread
« on: December 15, 2003, 01:44:08 PM »
Yo I just got finished watching the Straight Up Menace Video for the first time.  MC Eiht does not get nearly enuff luv on this forum.

I been into wc rap for 10 years now, and its just within the last year that I really been into 8.  I knew about him before and shit, but I just never really gave him a good chance.

Anyways, in this last year I have really been feeling 8, and I think he may be one of my favorite rap artists of all time now.  It's a shame his latest album didn't have better beats.  Man I can't wait for that Spice 1/MC Eiht collabo album, it may be my most anticipated.

What is your fav 8 song and album?

Mine is Goin out like Gz, and my fav album is We Come Strapped.  Whats yourz?

BTW if you ain't ever heard 8, then you REALLY  need to.  I will hook ANYONE up here w/ some of his music, even if I think your a fag.

Also I really luv Tha Chill, and I wish a NOTR album would have dropped back in the day, and I really want Tha Chill to release his solo album.

PS:  Much props to TNP for really putting me onto the MC Eiht scene!

GYEAH!

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:MC Eiht Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 01:48:07 PM »
Straight Up Menace is a straight up clasic. I wnder what Eiht's up to right now?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 01:57:05 PM »
i think he does get luv on here. he's pretty dope and i think most ppl on this board do recognize

Rudki

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 02:07:02 PM »
yeah been into Eiht Hype my self for a few years now.....

one of my fave tracks from him is...

geez make the hood go round (from b sides and remixes bootleg)

and of course the standard classics like Tha murda show and Streiht up menace...

all his albums are bangin, but like you said his last one lacked bigg time, apart from that I think WE COME STRAPPED the tracks sound a lil too much alike  :-\ but im still feelin it like hell..

u heard tha murda show remix?

budsmokeronly

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2003, 02:09:15 PM »
^^^^ wow, the murda show remix?  Naw dogg, I never heard of it, but the og is one of my fav 8 songs.  I would luv to get that remix from ya dogg.

Rudki

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2003, 02:13:38 PM »
^^^^ wow, the murda show remix?  Naw dogg, I never heard of it, but the og is one of my fav 8 songs.  I would luv to get that remix from ya dogg.

gimme yo msn name jeremy ill hook it up  ;D

budsmokeronly

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2003, 02:55:23 PM »
cool thanks a lot dogg.

its jj_jackson@ezcybersearch.com

I really appreciate it!

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 02:59:59 PM »

jeremy
LOL

Death Threatz = fav. album

budsmokeronly

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2003, 03:04:34 PM »
how'd you guys know my name is Jeremy?  and shit, I don't think I have heard the Death Threats album.  I gotta get that one.

mrtonguetwista

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2003, 03:09:36 PM »
If you don't d/l Death Threatz, I believe I can get you a mint used one.

budsmokeronly

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2003, 03:12:45 PM »
^^^ that would be cool.

Smoke

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2003, 03:14:58 PM »
Yesterday i've seen Thicker Than Water, the movie. Eiht is in it, and Cube has a cameo too.
I def love MC Eiht, if that means something for the topic. DEF.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2003, 03:32:54 PM »
I've never heard of the "Murder Show" remix either. Holla at me.

Kaidy

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2003, 03:33:24 PM »
Yea I like Eiht, don't really like his new shit as much (pretty generic) but he has plenty of classics and is definitely a west coast legend...

Favorites:
1. The Hood Is Mine (Eiht's best track of recent years, showed he can still come HARD. Techniec came heated too)
2. Streiht Up Menace
3. Aint Nuthin 2 It
4. Hit The Floor ft. Daz (This was the first song I really noticed who Eiht was, and then started to listen to him a lot more.)

Favorite album - hard to decide, I hold a lot of them on an even standard, but if I have to choose I'll say Death Threatz.

tnp

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2003, 06:13:35 PM »
yeah MC Eiht is definitely underrated here (and in general). Grundy, did I not send Death Threatz too? I thought I did. Anyway, my favorites are:
Streiht Up Menace (REMIX) (you can hear a little bit of in in Menace II Society during the drive thru scene)
Goin Out Like Geez
One Less Nigga
Fuc Your Hood

Eiht Hype used to put out the best remixes on b-sides, damn!  I don't know if the links are still good, but ExZit has the tracks Murda Show (Remix) and Westsiders and he put them up on his site, just have to scroll down some.

Eiht's always been one of my favorites, putting out straight gangsta shit like the tracks above and doing that even when he could've gone more mainstream. Reminds me of the best times in WC rap for me (and the only two car crashes I've had I was listening to Music to Driveby).

Favorite album is We Come Strapped, that's where I think the music fit his voice and flow best and was all pretty hardcore.
Favorite CMW album is Music to Driveby, although Straight Checkn' Em is pretty close.

"Nighttime hits the fucking streets/loading up the clips and we ready to kill rollin to gangsta beats" in a song with gunshots all throughout...damn!!

Glad I could get you into Eiht so much Grundy
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 06:36:08 PM by tnp »