Author Topic: Grand Turismo  (Read 145 times)

Trauma-san

Grand Turismo
« on: January 06, 2004, 08:08:21 PM »
I just got a playstation 2 (I bought it from a mexican at the flea market, lol) and I've got Grand Turismo 3.  This game is awesome.  What I really like is how you can make your own car and put your own parts on it, then there's so many different races you can race and make money at.  It's better than the first 2.  I'm not that great, so far I've won 3 of the beginner tournaments.  All I have (besides the 3 cars I won) is a miata that I've souped up.  It doesn't turn worth a shit, though.

Anyways, some questions: How do you make the car turn better?  What do you adjust? Mine won't turn worth a fuck in the corners unless you powerslide through them, lol.  

Also, what are some more good games, that are more 'season' type games, as in you build your own car and then race for money to buy more cars and improve yours? I think Need For Speed underground is like that, anybody know?  Are all the need for speed's like that, with a mode to build your own garage?  Any other games like that, that are good?  I doubt anything beats GT3, though.

The Big Bad Ass

Re:Grand Turismo
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 08:27:39 PM »
GT3 owns all other racing games imo. I've heard what you said... that Need for Speed UG is supposed to be about the most customizable car game to date... but I've played almost all racing games for all 3 next gen systems, and I play gt3 the most. As for turning... just sell that piece of shit car and buy one that turns better :)

(I never had much luck adjusting things to make better turns in other words)

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 08:29:19 PM »
Yeah, I know it's the car, but I want to soup it up a little bit more, so I can win like 10,000 dollar races and buy a really nice car.  Right now the most I can win in a race is 2500.  

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 08:31:47 PM »
Just gotta be patient thru the first 3 or 4 hours of the game. You can win the 10 g races with a souped up Mitsubishi 3000, or Mustang if you are looking for cars under the 40 g range.

And I don't know if anyone else on the board can confirm this or not, but the new GT is supposed to come out within the next 3 months I believe. They are gonna have alot more selection of cars, including alot of classic American Muscle cars  ;D. Can't wait. The rumor I heard said over 500 cars this time around!

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2004, 08:33:56 PM »
Hell Yeah! Muscle cars rock.  There's a good game online called "Motor City online" but all the little nerd hackers fucked it up by making bugs that give you unlimited money.  It had all classics, though.