Author Topic: Ric Flair: The Ultimate Collection DVD  (Read 221 times)

Trauma-san

Ric Flair: The Ultimate Collection DVD
« on: December 23, 2003, 06:39:15 AM »
This thing is aweeeeeesome.  It's got a ton of his classic matches on it, and 10.5 hours of material, including interviews and promos, him talking about his plane crash (a lot of people don't know it, but Ric Flair fell flat the fuck out of the sky in a cessna jet, and lived to wrestle and tell about it), his arrival in the WWF back in the 90's, his famous bouts against Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, Sting, Terry Funk, HHH, The Royal Rumble, on and on and on.  It's got old J.J. dillon & Four Horsemen stuff, awesome DVD.  

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re:Ric Flair: The Ultimate Collection DVD
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 10:06:23 PM »
yeah it's on my christmas list,i just gotta wait 2 more weeks before it gets here

Citizen-Y

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 07:48:19 PM »
w00t just exchanged presents with the girlfriend!  oh yea woooooooooooo!

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 11:12:28 PM »
In Canada, it doesn't go on sell until the middle on January.

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2003, 11:17:55 PM »
"Canada, it doesn't go on sell until the middle on January."

damn it that means we won't get the DVD till like ....February,
oh well at least i have my RoH tapes (plug)

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2004, 06:08:28 PM »
I lvoe this DVD, but my only complaint is the 4 Horsemen segments. That's the same bullshit we saw on Confidential. Plus, there's a GRIP of history with the Horsemen that they didn't even touch. They could've made an hour or longer segment just on the original Horsemen, let alone the other numerous incarantions with Sting, Luger, Windham, Sid, Benoit, Malenko, etc. I hope they come out with more ultimate collections though like Bret Hart, HBK, Hogan, and so on.

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2004, 08:09:34 PM »
^ Man, this is Ric Flair we're talking about.  Of course I would have loved to see more horsemen stuff, but the fact is they already had 3 dvd's and 10.5 hours worth of material, they had to cut.......... a lot.  They could release 10 of these and still have material left of Flair's, he's that great.  

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2004, 08:10:46 PM »
Oh, and where have you been? Hulk's collection came out a year ago, it's called "Hulk Rules" and is the SECOND best (behind this one).  It's got dozens of Hogan matches on it, from the 80's all the way up.  It's got everything.

There's also a HBK one out, called "From the Vault" that's really good.  Pick them both up, must own stuff.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2004, 08:29:23 PM »
Oh, and where have you been? Hulk's collection came out a year ago, it's called "Hulk Rules" and is the SECOND best (behind this one).  It's got dozens of Hogan matches on it, from the 80's all the way up.  It's got everything.

There's also a HBK one out, called "From the Vault" that's really good.  Pick them both up, must own stuff.

I know about the "Hulk Still Rules" one, but I never saw it. I didn't think it was an ultimate collection DVD. I'm talkin' about one in the same format as Flair's. Three discs, first disc with his early matches like against Shiek, Backlund, King Kong Bundy, then the second disc his later years in the WWF, then the 3rd disc his WCW years and last run in the WWF. Oh yeah, and his match against Rock at WMX8. Great match.

Trauma-san

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2004, 10:29:32 PM »
The Hogan one is almost as good as the flair one.  It's got a lot of his big matches on it, and Hogan talking about them.  Actually, it was the first one to come out, the Flair one is kind of in a similar vein.  Hogan's has Shiek, Andre, Orndorf, etc. etc. etc. Good DVD.