Author Topic: David Banner  (Read 276 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
David Banner
« on: January 02, 2004, 04:55:57 PM »
I've been sleeping on this guy. I'll admit, I wrote him off as another crunk rapper but then I remember reading in XXl about his political rhyming. Now I'm digging this cat like crazy. Anyone digging this guy?

BTW anyone know a website which sells Crooked Lettaz?

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
Re:David Banner
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 06:13:52 PM »
no i dont like any of his songs except a few with lil flip

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2004, 09:34:52 PM »
man i did the same thing...when i first heard "Like a pimp" i wrote him off...i was like "this is bullshit"...then i heard people talking about his political shit and i figured i'd check out some other stuff...he's pretty decent actually.

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 09:50:46 PM »
actually i liked Like a pimp, its a hot song

but cant say the same thing for the rest of David Banner album

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2004, 09:53:48 PM »
and i could care less if he raps about political issues or killing people, as long as the song is good or fun to listen to

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2004, 09:57:59 PM »
man i did the same thing...when i first heard "Like a pimp" i wrote him off...i was like "this is bullshit"...then i heard people talking about his political shit and i figured i'd check out some other stuff...he's pretty decent actually.
im takijng your advice, im listening to baptized in dirty water,

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2004, 11:06:31 PM »
I hate political music.  I loved "Like a Pimp".  Go figure.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2004, 05:00:53 AM »
I like "Like A Pimp", it's a straight banger, but Banner ain't your average Crunk artist, there's a lot of lyrically interesting songs on "Mississippi" plus he's a great producer. Go cop "Mississippi: The Album", it's one of my favs of 2003

mauzip

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2004, 05:05:51 AM »
Yeah, he's pretty good. Coincidentally I'm downloading that Mississippi album right now :)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2004, 05:11:58 AM »
Anybody heard anything off "Baptized In Dirty Water" ? I think it's supposed to drop february

mauzip

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2004, 05:18:43 AM »
It already dropped. The chopped and screwed version will be out in feb.

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2004, 07:00:16 AM »
I downloaded "Mississippi: The Album" after a few dudes said it's one of the best south-releases ever, but I was disappointed, because there's to much Blues-influence in his music. Alright, he grew up with Blues, and so it's nothing to say against some Blues-influence in his music, but I don't like that style. It was one of the biggest disappointments for me in 2003.

SGV

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2004, 07:34:11 AM »
Banner is an accomplished producer and a very dope emcee. People write him off because they ASSUME he's a crunk rapper. You know what happens when you assume right?

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2004, 08:55:38 AM »
It already dropped. The chopped and screwed version will be out in feb.
thx, ain't seen it in stores yet, somebody told me it'd drop feb. Maybe in europe even tho usually albums drop the same date worldwide

Banner is an accomplished producer and a very dope emcee. People write him off because they ASSUME he's a crunk rapper. You know what happens when you assume right?
He is a crunk rapper, at least there's several songs you could call "crunk", but unlike many crunk rappers he's pretty versatile and has sum interesting lyrics

SGV

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2004, 09:32:23 AM »
Banner has never been a "Crunk" rapper to me. He's always been different, since the Crooket Lettaz days.