Author Topic: Lauryn Hill startin to piss me off....  (Read 223 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
Lauryn Hill startin to piss me off....
« on: January 12, 2004, 10:42:10 AM »
damn is lauryn hill makin anyone else out there mad? well, i don't want to say mad, but i'm gettin sick of how she's trying to milk her image for everything she does. her first album was dope, probably one of the best albums of the last decade....then she came out with that mtv solo album with pathetic guitar playing where every song sounded the same, and singing about things no one understands and crying in between songs. then she disses the pope and catholic church at some seminar in rome. and now she's selling her artwork and poetry.

ever since that mtv unplugged album, she seems to be in a constant menstrual state. she just seems overemotional at the silliest times and makes a bunch of 'self-righteous' statements. she thinks that if she cries and points her fingers and calls all her music a deeper expression of self that it's just so much better than everyone else's music. to me, it looks like she's trying to justify her depression by saying that she's different, by saying that she's the one light in the dark world. i'm sick of hearing about her outbreaks and stupid little comments.

and i'm waiting for a better record....lol

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Lauryn Hill startin to piss me off....
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 12:18:00 PM »
well, I don't really care that much but the Unplugged album was truly a disappointment whereas "Miseducation..." was a pretty damn good album with maybe 1 or 2 weaker songs. But as I said, I don't really care alot about the way she acts, and I don't know about disses to the church (I'd need to know how she 'dissed the church'), she should just come out with a good album, period. It's been a while

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2004, 02:21:35 PM »
It's called FTFO.  "Fell The Fuck Off".  She's steadily went downhill, to now she's nothing but a whiny wanna be poet.  "Ready or Not" was the highlight of her career, and that was about the first single she was on.  That and Fug-ee-la (I think that's what it was called).  "Killing Me Softly" was great, but was it really any much better than a cover song?  The original was great, too, so how much credit can we give Lauryn?  Now, you gotta admit the Fugee album, or at least her involvement, was all near-perfect.  She follows that up with her great solo album, but to me, even though it's great, it's not as good as the fugee stuff.  "Zion" was the best track on the album.  "That Thing" or whatever was a great song, she had several other good ones on there.  The ENTIRE unplugged album was trash.  She hasn't done shit since.  straight downhill.  

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2004, 02:31:41 PM »
I never really liked "Killing Me Softly" cuz I don't like covers....I think "Miseducation...", which had great songs like "Lost Ones", "Zion", "Final Hour" and "Everything Is Everything" on it was the highlight of her career, since then, I agree with Trauma, she's fallen off seriously and fuck what she keeps on gettin on ur nerves with, she most importantly needs to come back as an artist

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »
She don't really get on my nerves like him, I just ignore her until she shows me a good song, lol, then I'll start giving a shit about her again.

PLANT

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2004, 03:40:18 PM »
Its a whole different ball game when you start to have a family and raise your kids.  I dont expect her to make any more albums or be in the Fugees anymore.

pappy

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2004, 04:11:58 PM »
she didnt fall off.... rolling stone did a story about it.  shes in  a cult now n lost it completely.  she has ths run guy run her life

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2004, 07:58:04 PM »
I loved her on fugees and her solo....i hope she will makes a strong comeback :)

Trauma-san

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2004, 08:31:27 PM »
Its a whole different ball game when you start to have a family and raise your kids.  I dont expect her to make any more albums or be in the Fugees anymore.

She's got a new album coming out, and I don't mind her not making music, that's her choice.  It's just her whole lsd-like mindstate is annoying.  

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2004, 10:42:55 PM »
the fugees score was classic, but i feel that the miseducation of lauryn hill was overrated, i mean it was good but nuthin special, the only joint i really felt was To Zion, but the rest of it was average, the year it dropped was a weak year in music

T.J.

• Wanksta
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my deck
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2004, 03:54:22 AM »
shes doin what she wants to do so good on her for it

kick ass album

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2004, 06:58:29 AM »
shes doin what she wants to do so good on her for it
in most cases that's ok, but when you're dissin other people, that's not ok. she's doin what she wants, yeah, but acting self-righteous and telling other people that they're living their lives wrong. that's why she's annoying

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2004, 10:12:25 AM »
lauryn hills dope, she jus doin her thang..........she didnt fell off at all, she jus seems to wanna be more of a preacher,lol........if she came out with a normal album over dope beats, whateva she be talkin about, she'd be pertty dope