Author Topic: Gigli : really all that bad?  (Read 435 times)

Trauma-san

Gigli : really all that bad?
« on: January 12, 2004, 10:39:48 PM »
Do yall really think the movie was THAT horrible, or was it just it didn't meet expectations?  I watched it when it came out, and there (to me) was nothing horrible about it.  It wasn't all that great, but I mean, the acting was decent, the plot was alright, it really wasn't that bad.  I don't know why people say it's the worst movie ever, it's not even close.  I'd probably give it about a 6 out of 10.  I've seen 2's before, lol.  

budsmokeronly

Re:Gigli : really all that bad?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2004, 11:38:27 PM »
you watched that movie?  in your own intentions?  Please tell me the only reason you watched this movie is because you were with some beautiful girl.

bez

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 09:58:28 AM »
I'd watch it too if I had the chance.  I think people just jumped on it basically cos it was Ben and Jen, end of story.

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 10:02:22 AM »
I saw this in the video store and actually thought about renting it...Now that I got your opinion Ill give it a chance.

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 12:24:15 PM »
This movie just didnt appeal to me....

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 02:18:31 PM »
I'm not saying it's a good movie, I'm just saying it's nowhere near as horrible as people made out.  It's just a little story about a mobster.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 05:08:39 PM »
Do us all a favor, and never review movies...

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2004, 05:12:45 PM »
This movie just didnt appeal to me....

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2004, 09:34:24 PM »
i saw it...it wasnt a bad movie...the only part that made me turn it off was ben afflecks acting...normally i like his acting but he cannot pull of a mob figure. he was horrible. jennifer lopez (and what she is proud to call her pussy) did a great job in the movie and so did the retarded kid. it would've been much better if affleck hadnt've over done it with the mob shit....but it wasnt as bad as people said it was.

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2004, 06:13:18 AM »
"It's just a little story about a mobster"

and that mobster is portrayed by......Ben Affleck lol

the main thing I hate about this movie is it looks so much like a cliche ....A tough no bullshit guy meets the perky pushy bitch...at first he hates her then they fall in love ...insert "event that almost makes them break up" her then they get back together....

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2004, 06:47:03 AM »
Well, if you're gonna bitch about that, lets go ahead and throw out the entire catalog of action movies released over the past 5 years.  They ALL have shitty plots and stupid shit like that happening in them.  Like I said, people hate this, but loved Bad Boys? why? Same shit.  

bez

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2004, 07:16:10 AM »
Well, if you're gonna bitch about that, lets go ahead and throw out the entire catalog of action movies released over the past 5 years.  They ALL have shitty plots and stupid shit like that happening in them.  Like I said, people hate this, but loved Bad Boys? why? Same shit.  

THERES NO COMPARISON.

Will Smith and Martin Lawerence blowing things up or J-Lo and Ben Afflect getting caught up in a love story.

I know if I was standing at the cinema entrance and I had my 5pound in hand, it would definetly be Bad Boys.

PLANT

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2004, 08:08:09 AM »

I know if I was standing at the cinema entrance and I had my 5pound in hand, it would definetly be Bad Boys.

LMAO

Don Breezio

« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2004, 11:39:20 AM »
yeah you cant really compare gigli to bad boys....but trauma is right...it isnt any different from any other movie with the exception of ben afflecks horrible mobster image.

ecrazy

« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2004, 01:10:23 PM »
Jimmy Kimmel Took The Audience to see gigli after the show....and more than half the people were sleeping or mad looking....the movie sucked because it was just talking and they hardly showed expression .....i left halfway thru it because of that....