Author Topic: if your label boss really does want your cd to come out......  (Read 123 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
if your label boss really does want your cd to come out......
« on: January 15, 2004, 03:08:08 PM »
it could get done in 3 months.....fo real..........niggaz who take so long to make a album got no excuses......most havent, i know more anticipated ones n shit take longer to make n comebacks n so on......but on the real if your ceo was serious about gettin your album done, it could get done in 3 months, guarenteed to be heat........production wise anyways......and if u spit heat, u got yourself a hit record.......

lemme jus giv y'all a example, lets say the nigga game for example since his main part of alot of topics these dayz........

all dre gotta do is chill with jus him and dres production team for jus 2 weeks.........there u got 6-7 dre joints done and mixed.......remember 50 did like 7 songs in less than a wek or sumthang.......some of which made the album includin in da club, i think

anyways, then u tell game to get the fuck outta aftermaths office n go fuck with eminem for 2 weeks to........and same, u gone end up gettin another 6 joints......eminem will most likely add up one one or two....i aint a big fan of his production, but atleast shit would get done with eminem instead of fuckin around with dre for another 2 weeks cuz by then, nigga game would run outta steam with dre

aight so thats a month,

now u get a week outta kanye, blaze, rockwilder...and a producer of games chioce........thats another 4 weeks and u get 3 joints outta each one of them.....

altogether u got yourself about 25 tracks to pick the best, in about 8 weeks of work, the next month, u finish the album, like the little shit n so on and get your promotion campaign plan and decide on first single and vid..........another month.........

thats 3 months to make a album............now tell me why these niggaz cant get muthafuckin albums out if they keep signin niggaz to labels if they wanna release shit......and dont act like labels like aftermath got tight budget with albums, cuz these niggaz can spend as much as they want u dig

peace

Trauma-san

Re:if your label boss really does want your cd to come out......
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2004, 11:22:10 PM »
Because Rich, Old White People run all the labels, and they might not feel like putting an album out right now.  Or they might not like how the album sounds.  Or they might want Busta Rhymes on a track, because they owe his manager a favor.  Or they might not want to put an album out until November, to sell for Christmas.  Or they might want to make a video for it, but MTV won't play anymore of their videos until September.  Or if they wait until October to do the single, Clearchannel will have more slots open they can spin it in.  Or Letterman's booked up through August, so the single really needs to come out a little before then.... you get the picture.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2004, 11:27:46 PM »
dawg, i feel your frustration. I feel the same way. Another thing i thought as i was readin your thread is... if CEOs got finished versions of albums in their "vaults", why don't they release any of that? even if they don't do ANY promotion, it will still sell enough to compensate for the money they spent makin the damn ablum. If they just keep it hidden away, they're just losing money. Like the Hittman or King Tee album.. they never got released, but i'm sure they'd sell at least 150,000 copies each in one year. Wouldn't that at least make up some of the money spent during the making of the album?
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2004, 11:11:02 AM »
Because Rich, Old White People run all the labels, and they might not feel like putting an album out right now.  Or they might not like how the album sounds.  Or they might want Busta Rhymes on a track, because they owe his manager a favor.  Or they might not want to put an album out until November, to sell for Christmas.  Or they might want to make a video for it, but MTV won't play anymore of their videos until September.  Or if they wait until October to do the single, Clearchannel will have more slots open they can spin it in.  Or Letterman's booked up through August, so the single really needs to come out a little before then.... you get the picture.

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!