Author Topic: How far would Kokane get if he went on American Idol?  (Read 666 times)

budsmokeronly

Re:How far would Kokane get if he went on American Idol?
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2004, 10:49:53 PM »
what song is kokane on on the og chronic?

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2004, 10:51:38 PM »

good question....

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2004, 11:03:15 PM »
Kokane is tite IMO, i HEARD he was on the remix of Let Me Ride but thats George Clinton, maybe he did the background vocals for him but 187um was made after the chronic came out they werent makin em at the same time and thuggishruggishg dont bite the funk came out in 94 after kurupt dissed kokane and cold 187um on puffin on blunts, drankin on tanqueray

Suga Foot

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2004, 12:33:08 AM »
LMFAO at dood who started this thread, shit is hilarious!

michael jackson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUC BEIN THE KING IM THE BOSS OF THE WEB/EAZYE KIP
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2004, 03:37:22 AM »
you losst me . . .  8)

koka wassnt on tha chronic tha tracc he did with dr dre is called Niccel Slicc Nigga bacc when tha convicts were on death row

rhythm d, tha glove, dre, dj slip and gregski . . . . thesse wass producing for deathrow
my haterz only mad cuz they bitch wanna toss her salad everytime she c'z me
adidas aka young roccs (all day i diss all slobz)
clattttttttttttttt clattttttttttttttttttttttt

Don Rizzle

• Capo Di Tutti Capi
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2004, 03:56:07 AM »
on a side note i say a trailor for scary movie 3 and they had simon ?cowel? from pop idol judging the 8 mile freestyle sessions n when he says their shit everyone one shoots him, i just thaught it was funny.

iraq would just get annexed by iran

That would be a great solution.  If Iran and the majority of Iraqi's are pleased with it, then why shouldn't they do it?

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2004, 10:52:09 AM »
Kokane said in the Source a few years back he was on Let Me Ride, but everyone thought it was George Clinton.

Anyways, fuck all the Kokane hating. People on this forum just aren't musically diverse so they don't see Kokane like those of us who are into that old-school funk shit.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

B.O.X.

• 'G'
  • BRILLIANCE PERSONIFIED
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2004, 02:32:52 PM »
"situation kinda hot (slow burn) haha that song was the shit,and i like no pain no gain!!! bad singing but it was tight,kane been on some legendary shit,but he ain't a legend,but shit if he feel snoop ain't do nothing for em,he can diss snoop,shit we don't know the whole scoop,and damn i was doing street team work for one of this niggas albums that never came out haha album was called "4 ryders only",yell
ONE OF THE ILLEST EVER, 4EVER ROLL'N WITH C.I. NIGGA

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2004, 03:22:38 PM »
I thought that chinese army rapper that was on the other night from nyc had much potential,

ROFLMAO

Eazy-E RuthlessG

« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2004, 03:50:32 PM »
that cd with that song Nickel Slick Nigga came out in 91 on Kokanes album i think at the time with NWA niggaz4life when he appeard on the prelude i think im wrong but who gives a fuck

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2004, 06:52:13 PM »
that cd with that song Nickel Slick Nigga came out in 91 on Kokanes album i think at the time with NWA niggaz4life when he appeard on the prelude i think im wrong but who gives a fuck

Nickel Slick Nigga was the single for Addictive Hip Hop Muzick, i got the single. but there was a 92 remix of it on the Deep Cover soundtrack, which is the popular version. also can sum1 get the credits for Let Me Ride Remix and well settle this. George Clinton or Kokane
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 07:02:47 PM by LAZY »

budsmokeronly

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2004, 07:24:14 PM »
Kokane ain't on any version of Let Me Ride, I guarantee you.  I have listened to that song so many fucking times, and I know Kokanes voice pretty well, and that ain't him on there.  Kokane and Hutch both didn't like Dre at the time the chronic was made.  They both dissed dre, and back then "beefs" were actually between some real shit between rappers, not the stupid ass bullshit beefs that happen these days.  Not to mention, back then rappers were much more loyal to their crews and record labels.  This ain't the same shi as soopafly being on jayo's record while jayo disses snoop.  

youngmessnucca

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2004, 08:37:49 PM »

"The Roach" outro

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2004, 06:19:44 AM »
according to the booklet,that's Ruben,b.k.a. R.C.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

JTSimon

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2004, 02:41:06 PM »
LOL @ everybody saying American Idol is gay and they don't watch it, but everybody knows the concept & the judge..

Kokane would be thrown out in the 1st round.. lol

WORLD IDOL was gay. American Idol auditions are funny.