Author Topic: DCCAssist Help  (Read 78 times)

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
DCCAssist Help
« on: January 21, 2004, 12:15:55 PM »
I think I installed it right, but when I go to "View Packs" and the window opens, theres no packs.  ???

Jome

Re:DCCAssist Help
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 04:43:26 PM »

Want to Download off bots in a very much easier way ??

DCCAssist @ DCCAssist.com is the solution for easy downloading.
This is a plugin for mIRC which will automate the "xdcc send #x" process, and list all the albums in a neat list.

Download DCCAssist, and install it. (Read the "Readme" file proper, and restart mIRC when installed)
Now you will get up 2 extra windows. (If you don't get them, right-click in a channel and choose "DCCAssist" and click "View Packs")

Window #1: DA.Packs
Will show you all the albums/singles etc. advertised on bots in a list. Sort them alphabeticly for easy DL. (Do that by right-clicking the Packs-window, and choose "Sorting" and then "By Description")
Double-click a album, and it will start downloading.
Update the list by pressing F7, when you have been on mIRC for 15-20 minutes.. the list should now be complete.

Window #2: DA.Status
Will show the status of your requested download. Like this:
Requested -> Waiting -> Queued (17) -> Receiving (w. current speed) -> Complete (Completed packs will show up in the 3rd window as well)
The status can also be "Failed" or "Offline" or "Connection lost".

Window #3: DA.Log
A log over all the albums you have downloaded

This is how DCCASSIST looks when properly set up:

(If I hit "Request this pack" or doubleclick this album now, mIRC will automatically start downloading Jay-Z's "The Black Album", which you can tell from the screen is 77MB.)

(A more detailed screen, here also viewing what channels & bots the album are on, but still simple to use. I've marked "G-Unit - Beg For Mercy" and from the screen you can tell that it is 95MB, and that the bot that carries it is located in #rap-mp3. You can also tell that the album is on the bot "Rap-n0r3", but that's really not necessary to know when you got DCCASSIST)

NOTE:
To get a list of albums this big, you will need to be on 5 to 12+ channels, and wait approx. 20 minutes so that ALL the BOTS can advertise their packs.

Hence the "NOTE" at the end..

Noon Bank$

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Bankin' It
Re:DCCAssist Help
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 05:25:39 PM »
OH  :)