Author Topic: Immortal Technique Speaks On Eminem  (Read 339 times)

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
Immortal Technique Speaks On Eminem
« on: January 27, 2004, 07:52:00 PM »
Immortal Tech Comments on Eminem Tape Technique Immortal

Total Posts: 310

I rarely come here anymore to be honest...I'm on the road. (WEST COAST TOUR COMING UP)...But tonight I'm leaving from Harlem and going to Lowell, Mass where there's gonna be an MC battle and some of Boston's fav MC's are gonna be on hand to perform. Shouts to OVM and Reks (keep up the hustle my n*gga.)

I'd like to thank the haters and the supporters of the hardcore hiphop I make from both the hood and the suburbs cuz both have been very supportive. Middle America buying from Caroline and the hood from the back of my trunk and the street teams we got out there...

At least read the whole thing before you pop shit...

Before I leave I'm gonna speak on this Eminem racist tape thing, once and for all.

Someone told me Eminiem made the tape when he was 21, and that he was "set in his racist ways". And I pointed out that MalcolmX was "set in his ways" when he was detroit red, and he changed his life around completely. I know people who have had such ahtred in their hearts, who have become very at peace with themselves. Now Em isn't Malcolm Never will be, but then again he wasn't a fuckin skinhead either. He was just your average ignorant, uncultured, angry whiteboy. Since then dude probably travelled around and saw the world, saw the culture of Hip Hop and how it was inclusive of many people although it started out being Primarily Black and Latino.

I make no excuses for him though, I thought the tape was fucked up. And still when the Source asked me for a quote. I didn't give one cuz I felt this was a personal issue that was made specifically to ruin him in the eyes of people. To me Eminem isn't the pinnacle of Racism in America, and just cuz he signed 50 and Gunit doesn't make him head of the rainbow coalition...But I could name a dozen right wing conservative republican politicians and groups whose PRACTICES,(not drunk freestyle) proliforate a racist standard of being...

Okay I'm done, funny how kids were calling a n*gga like me emotional when all I did was threaten to fuck you up. Then you go here and post whining about how black people don't like you...And by the way this is REALLY ME Tech, I don't need an alias and I never had one. (Feel free to post your html comparison of my name to others...it dont mean shit) Quest will tell you he has access to all the email and complete IP's I only post from this name alone. I know what's in my heart and I invite anyone to test me on that.

I said this not cuz I need more promo this time around...But cuz we need to keep it not just real but right when it comes to racism...There are dimensions to it, but it's really classism that keeps us in a perpetual state of modern slavery.

Peace & Respect,

Immortal
Technique

PS.
The rest of this post you can ignore it's only for people on this board who want to have a serious discussion. Save the Html and shit for the next time I tell you to go fuck yourself and you're too pussy to see me in person...

Racism doesn't come in a neat package anymore, it's not JUST white people who wear masks and are in the KKK or the Aryan Nation. It's corny, and pussy insecure kids on the net who call people n*ggers and spics, it's people who discriminate at the work place, who judge people on what kind of music they can make. People who hide it behind things like "states rights" and "christian values" when they really reflect neither. Racism is something that exists in a defacto state like segregation, while it's not PC to be a racist, in lots of places (not just the south) some white people have never moved on. There was a time when it was a normality of white American culture to believe in racial superiority. We didn't go to war with hitler because we disagreed with his ideology we went to war because of our European allies and our necessity to contain a New World Order that was not syndicated by America.

That said, racism is not soley the property of white people, I know LOTS of Latinos that are racist, not just againt black people but against themselves. They see themselves as inferior and hate themselves.

There are Black people who really despise ALL white people which is a shame because I know a lot of white people that are really about the struggle and who dedicate a lot of their TIME and MONEY to programs that directly affect the inner city and the rural areas in need of civil defense (ie: South Poverty Law)...

But that said this excludes the racism that has been jump started by America after 9.11 towards Middle Eastern people. Asians who look down upon Black and Brown people and vice versa...ETC ETC ETC

Me and Ill Bill politicked about this one day, people like to think in categories, it's easier for them to just place you in a set spot in theri mind rather than see you as an individual. Race in all truth, doesn't really exist, we are all phenotypically different based on our geographic location on this planet.
(In advance...Yeah it's a long post... cuz it's complex topic, you dumb fuck)

Eminem is a talented muthafucka.
THAT Eminem Tape is stupid, racist, but as for the comment that it shows the double standard look at Trent Lott, and Rush they lost their spots off something they said. There are racial double standard in all things, like immigration, how white cubans are favored and Mexicans and Haitians who live in worse conditions (surprisingly to many) than in Cuba, get shafted. The problem is not with the tape it's with kids who are running and making excuses for him, HE knows he was wrong, so stop back up dancing for someone who's not even on stage anymore...This isn't gonna end his career is anything he might have more to speak on the subject and that would be a positive thing, cuz at least it would let people who are tryna sweep the topic under the rug know racism is alive and well here...

Damn son, I've spent half an hour now writing...So I'm out on the bus but I'm sure that everyone here on this board has dealt with racism in one form or another...People have their own ideas. Sharing them instead of spitting racial slurrs cuz you want to a defend Em or hate on him, that dont do shit dawg. I came here to start a discussion so someone keep the ball rolling.

Harlem 125.

URL:
http://forums.undergroundhiphop.com...estionID=953663

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

SGV

Re:Immortal Technique Speaks On Eminem
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 07:58:51 PM »

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 09:14:02 PM »
Aye...where is Tech from, or where does he represent?

SGV

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 10:15:13 PM »
Immortal Tech Comments on Eminem Tape Technique Immortal

Total Posts: 310

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 10:28:08 PM »
I should've read that. The Westcoast tour thing confused me.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2004, 06:46:18 AM »
honestly, who is immortal technique?

he brings up some good points, especially about malcolm, but as we all know, when we're writing about our own race we tend to forget about the injustices our own race has carried out. someone said on the 'do you consider rappers musicians' post that it's funny how tiger and mj are white when it benefits the white mans argument. then someone else commented that it benefits the black mans argument as well. i guess i'm just trying to say that i don't know if we should talk on other races cuz we don't even know the deal with our own race.

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2004, 07:32:42 AM »

eS El Duque

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2004, 07:33:11 AM »
dope...Immortal Technique didn't say shit about Eminem  8)

i would care about the west coast tour...but Canada isn't west coast :P

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2004, 07:38:21 AM »

one of the best east rappers in my opinion. his lyrics go beyond gangsta or bling bling. far, far beyond. he knows what he's talkin about. he has a strong political attitude, hardcore lyrics (and I mean really hardcore..) and is very skilled at authentic story-telling.

Check these Tracks:
Dance wit the Devil
The Cause of Death
Obnoxious
You Never Know
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2004, 07:38:36 AM »
good read. i guess hes right..

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2004, 08:59:30 AM »
good read. i guess hes right..

yeah. nuthin new about the em thing tho

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2004, 09:09:08 AM »

one of the best east rappers in my opinion. his lyrics go beyond gangsta or bling bling. far, far beyond. he knows what he's talkin about. he has a strong political attitude, hardcore lyrics (and I mean really hardcore..) and is very skilled at authentic story-telling.

Check these Tracks:
Dance wit the Devil
The Cause of Death
Obnoxious
You Never Know

you got a link i could download those?

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2004, 10:11:44 AM »
immortal tech  is talkin    bout the superbowl mc battle..Damn if hes gonna       be there           it'll be mad    dope

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2004, 10:30:05 AM »
^^^ were can i see that battle, is it gonan be on TV????

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2004, 02:06:20 PM »
no...its not...