Author Topic: Has anyone else noticed the resurgence of Mixtapes?  (Read 93 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
Has anyone else noticed the resurgence of Mixtapes?
« on: January 28, 2004, 07:17:00 AM »
i'm just amazed at how popular mixtapes have become in the past year or so. it seems that no one in the MTV eye has really ever heard of a mixtape before 50 cent came around, and now everybody seems to be doing mixtapes. i remember when mixtapes actually came on tapes with some little piece of garbage for an insert. i never thought i'd see the day when snoop was rappin on a mixtape cuz i mostly always thought mixtapes were an eastcoast thing.

but now it seems most people anticipate the mixtape almost as much as the actual album, and it seems people are just eatin mixtapes up. maybe it's because they're so damn cheap and you get different versions of songs. whatever the case may be, mixtapes are probably one of the biggest things to happen to rap in the past year. and for that, who do ya'll think we should thank? i think 50 and eminem have given mixtapes the publicity that they needed. and the actual RETAIL-RELEASED mixtapes were pushed mostly because of 50 cents involvment. no matter how retarded i think 50 is, i gotta give him credit for bringin the mixtapes to the masses.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2004, 11:30:21 AM by JTPlatnum »

Mick a/k/a Mickaveli_#1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Greenleaf
Re:Has anyone else noticed the resurgence of Mixtapes?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2004, 07:22:10 AM »
 ::) I see where your coming from but I don't like what's happening with mixtapes now-a-days. Check my post to find out why

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2004, 11:32:31 AM »
::) I see where your coming from but I don't like what's happening with mixtapes now-a-days. Check my post to find out why

i didn't say i like what's going on with mixtapes nowadays, i just said that they're huge - and i like hearin pac over some other beats. or big over some different beats, cuz i always wondered what they would sound like if they had worked with different producers. plus, they're mad cheap. but honestly, i could care less about 99 percent of mixtapes.....

btw it's funny how we both posted nearly the same thing as eachother at the same exact time. apparently your post is a hotter topic though.....lol

JackPot

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2004, 03:56:59 PM »
50 cent didn't bring up the mixtape. that shit has been around for years from everyone, maybe if cuz ur a 50 fan, than u might believe he was the only one in the mixtape scene. they have always been around and all they are good for is pure promotion. Thats all. when snoop or someone tries to sell mixtapes, that is a different story. maybe that is what you meant. But to me, mixtapes is alwasy promo.

VISIT WORLDWIDE WESTSIDE MAGAZINE!

http://WWSMAG.COM
Worldwide Westside Magazine
WWW.WWSMAG.COM