Author Topic: (dubcnn) Snoop answerphone case dismissed  (Read 214 times)

Don Seer

(dubcnn) Snoop answerphone case dismissed
« on: February 02, 2004, 02:04:40 AM »
Snoop answerphone case dismissed - February 2, 2004 By : Overseer

A judge has dismissed a lawsuit accusing Snoop Dogg of including an answerphone message in one of his songs without permission.

The lawsuit was filed last March in Los Angeles Superior Court on behalf of a man who kept his name secret because of safety concerns.

The man claimed his one-minute message left on Snoop Dogg's machine appeared in a song released as part of the 2002 album Paid the Cost to be Tha Boss.

The message, left under the name Jim Bob, expressed the caller's support for Snoop Dogg in his rivalry with rap music producer Marion "Suge" Knight, the lawsuit said.

The man was seeking a monetary award from Snoop Dogg, whose real name is Calvin Broadus, and other defendants, including Capitol Records.

Superior Court Judge Lawrence W Crispo, however, first ruled in November that the claimant had no expectation to privacy when he left the message.

The judge later upheld the ruling after the man did not file a motion for the judge to reconsider.

Thanks to Darlyb again for sending this one in. Original story here at ananova.com.

Trauma-san

Re:(dubcnn) Snoop answerphone case dismissed
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2004, 08:08:32 AM »
Damn, that's good to know.  So I can do shit like that too, lol.  Lemme get an answering phone set up, then I'm gonna leave yall my phone number.  Call in your support!!!

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2004, 08:12:32 AM »
Good thing the guy didn't win. Not cause the case was against Snoop, but because some dude trying to get rich in an instant from other people's money failed to do so this time.

Diabolical

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2004, 08:59:41 AM »
Was It The Guy On The CD Who Filed The Case Or Just Some Guy Tryna Get Rich?

JackPot

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2004, 02:23:14 PM »
Damn, not really, if snoop did that to me, i would be pissed. The man was talking shit about Suge... that's life threatening, I would want my money from snoop for that, goddamn!

VISIT WORLDWIDE WESTSIDE MAGAZINE!

http://WWSMAG.COM
Worldwide Westside Magazine
WWW.WWSMAG.COM

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2004, 02:42:28 PM »
Damn, I remember that from the album. He said something like "This is Jim Bob from Campanella Park..."
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2004, 08:31:36 PM »
funny dude

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2004, 08:37:11 PM »
Well, either way, the guy's a pussy, he was talking all that shit on the phone, then got pissed whenever it became public knowledge.  "Suge ain't neva been from the streets, show that punk bitch for what he is" or something like that is what he said.  

dexter

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 04:29:05 PM »
That guy needs 2 grow some Ballz.