Author Topic: Cormega  (Read 136 times)

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Cormega
« on: January 30, 2004, 08:25:21 PM »
www.worldwideconnected.com

After releasing two critically acclaimed LPs, The True Meaning (June 25, 2002) and The Realness (July 24, 2001), and winning a 2003 Source Award in the new category of Independent Album of the Year for The True Meaning, Cormega returns with the Legal Hustle album to be released May 11, 2004 on Legal Hustle Records distributed by Koch.

Legal Hustle showcases everything that we’re trying to bring as a company in 2004 and 2005. Its like giving you the access code to Legal Hustles vaultThe album features Doņa (pronounced Donya), the first artist signed to Legal Hustle Records, MOP, Kurupt, Jayo Felony, and introduces new artists like Banger, Lake, Miz, Chaundria Brown, and DMP with production by Ayatollah, Emile, and Knottz among others and was recorded in Los Angeles, Miami, and Virginia.

Unlike the average artist who only collaborates with the hottest artist out, Cormega likes to work with people he’s feeling, not based on sales, popularity, or who theyre down with. For this album, I decided to do collaborations with artists who are either close friends or artists who I respectOn Let It Gofeaturing MOP, Cormega explains, I always wanted to do a song with MOP because theyre real. We talked about doing something together when I recorded The Realness in 2001, so when we had a chance to get into the studio, this time we made it happenOn Deep Blue  featuring Kurupt and Jayo Felony, Cormega offers, Kurupt and Jayo Felony are two west coast MCs who I respect, so I went out to Los Angeles to record with themOn the song, Cormega experiments with a completely different sound. This year Im coming with a lot of projects, so versatility is important or else my fans will get bored with all the music we have coming out. Plus Jayo Felony kinda flips his flow and he got me hyped, so I flipped mine

Several producers featured on Legal Hustle have been featured on Cormega;s previous album including Ayatollah and Emile, but others make their Legal Hustle debut including Bear One, Robert Rieves, super-producer Knottz who features his group, DMP, and Queens producer AX, who provided the beats for the majority of the compilation. AX is from Queens and hes hot, but overlooked, so I had a lot of good beats to select from. Knottz has worked with some of the hottest artist in the industry and his beats are crazy, so I went to VA to record with him

Doņa, Legal Hustle first signee is highlighted on at least six songs on the Legal Hustle album. Doņa is incredible!!! I cant even explain how she rhymes. Shes the only artist male or female - Ive collaborated with that has made me go back and rewrite my verse after hearing theirs. When you hear her, youre gonna be curious to see how she looks because she sounds like shes real gutter and ugly Cormega explains. Dopa's album, My Brother;s Keeper, will drop late 2004.

Source: Y2Hiphop
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 10:05:48 PM by Ready To Die »

da_notorious_mack

Re:Cormega
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 01:58:02 AM »
damn sounds good...mega is sooooooooooo underated....

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 05:33:57 AM »

lol @ Mack never showin up here but bein the 1st one to answer when it cums to Cormega. But I agree, he's underrated as fuck and I'm 95% sure this is gonna be tight

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2004, 05:58:30 AM »

lol @ Mack never showin up here but bein the 1st one to answer when it cums to Cormega. But I agree, he's underrated as fuck and I'm 95% sure this is gonna be tight

i always peep out of bounds....i dont peep the main forum as much cus im more wit the ny sound...but i only really reply if something interests me....(which isnt often wit all the 50 cent/g unit threads)

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2004, 06:04:56 AM »
mega is sooooooooooo underated....

word.. this shits gonna be dope as fuck.  :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 06:05:27 AM by Skinnyman »

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

da_notorious_mack

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004, 06:18:03 AM »
has anyone heard anything from dona?....i hope she tight an dosent fuck up the album...

im still bumpin verbal graffiti 2...that shit off the hook...

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2004, 07:31:31 AM »
Thanks for the news.

willie_d

• 'G'
  • You ready? Here come the pain!
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2004, 05:35:13 AM »
I always thougt Cormega's next album would be Urban Legend. I also heard that Big Daddy Kane would do a duet with Mega on it, but hey, what shit can you believe?
Anyways, I'm anticipating this. Cormega be one of the most talented in the game right now.
The only way you can fuck with me, is in a orgy.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2004, 06:46:36 AM »
Cormega is one of the very few MC's out now that I have no worries about picking up his album.