Author Topic: DubCC Top 100 songs?  (Read 378 times)

HD

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WCCWF Champion
Re:DubCC Top 100 songs?
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2004, 02:03:52 PM »
maybee you should do like what FHM does,
just have people email you thier list and then go through and tally up the hits.
just an idea

yeah that sounds coo

Don Seer

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2004, 02:04:12 PM »
^ lol

he also said dont post them in this thread

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2004, 02:59:24 PM »
Whas FHM? I have heard of it. But yeah it would prolly work to have people e-mail it to me.

Are there any other guidelines that I should put? I was thinkin "no more than 5 songs from one artist" because i kno some people might be biased to an artist or might ride his dick too hard and they'll end up puttin 10 songs from one dude.

Also, should I allow unreleased songs?

How do y'all feel about ratin the songs from 1-10? Because I kno that there are a lot of songs that people will list that I haven't heard, and it's probably the same with y'all. And with that, imagine only 5 people voted for "MC Eight Richie Rich and E-40 - California Ballers" (thas not a real song) because nobody else had heard it, but the five who voted gave it a 9 or 10...that would make it real high on the list, even tho nobody voted for it.

Keep droppin the ideas jus so I can make it better, thanks for all input. Good to see nobody is like "who cares, this wont work" etc etc

budsmokeronly

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2004, 08:54:50 PM »
you're makin it too much work for me, u might as well just keep it simple.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2004, 09:14:58 PM »
you're makin it too much work for me, u might as well just keep it simple.

It might seem like it, but whenever somethin like this goes on and things aren't definite, choas ends up happenin later on, so I am tryin to prevent that from the start.

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2004, 09:31:33 PM »
1. Dr. Dre - Nuthin' But A G Thang
2. 2Pac - Dear Mama
3. Ice Cube - It Was A Good Day
4. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Gin And Juice
5. MC Eiht - Streight up Menace
6. Xzibit - Paparazzi
7. Warren G - Regulate
8. The Pharcyde - Passin' Me By
9. N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton
10. Eazy E - Boyz N The Hood

Honorable mention:
Cypress Hill - How I Could Just Kill A Man
Souls Of Mischief - '93 Til Infinity
The D.O.C. - It's Funky Enough

leb_316

• Lil Geezy
  • Revolution
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2004, 10:03:33 PM »
some of the best songs ever

ice cube - today was a good day
tupac - holla at me
ice cube  - bird in the hand
NWA - straight outta compton
dre & snoop - nothin but a g thang
WSC - westside slaughterhouse
NWA - chin check
NWA - fuck the police
tupac - changes
ice cube - enemy
tupac - never had a friend like me

honarable mention: NWA, Ice Cube & Tupacs early material, every single WSC song is a banger
Westside Connection

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2004, 10:32:31 PM »
DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON'T put the songs in this thread!!

Don Dolla

« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2004, 07:34:18 AM »
i got a better idea.. post all the tracks here, and the top 10 with the most hits goes into a new thread which is a poll. and people vote there. and then u leave it up for about a week then tally up the votes.. hows that sound

Diabolical

« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2004, 08:29:50 AM »
there must be something that would make it easy to collect them .e.g. bravenet e-mail form 8)

lol@seer

Ras Kass' Toothpick

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2004, 09:00:06 AM »
Jay-Z ft. Biggie - Brooklyn's Finest

Greatest westcoast song ever!      ::)

If you are willing to take time with this, this is what you should do.
Have everyone nominate thier top ten songs (only ten) in no order.  Then take the the top 5-8 songs with the most nominations and make a new thread (poll) to vote on the greatest westcoast song ever.  Which ever song has the most votes takes the number one spot then do it again, voting for the number two song ever.
Each time you vote you also nominate a song to go in the voting pool for the next round.  

It will take a couple of months or so to get the top 50 and people might lose intrest after the top ten or twenty but it's a good method.  Having people rate songs outta five or ten won't work.
Herb Quote Of The Year[/u]

CalebOhio: I think i can speak for many others when i say my favorite rap artists are white but i still want black artists to be dope. they are chosing not to be. that wouldn't be a likely believe held in a white supremacist group. I want Nas to deliver evertime but he doesn't every time Sage does. so Sage gets my $15 regardless or his status. fuck your status perception and labels you use.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2004, 09:21:48 AM »
jesus christ can't anybody read? don't put the songs in the thread. and if you do, they're WEST COAST songs...and ONLY 10 songs goddamit

Diabolical

« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2004, 09:29:17 AM »
All That Needs To Be Done Is Either The Lists Are E-Mailed To Someone Or They Are Posted Somewhere & Someone Counts Them Up Unless Someone Knows Of A Website Thing Where They Are Counted Automatically.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2004, 11:49:52 AM »
All That Needs To Be Done Is Either The Lists Are E-Mailed To Someone Or They Are Posted Somewhere & Someone Counts Them Up Unless Someone Knows Of A Website Thing Where They Are Counted Automatically.

Exactly, if everyone just nominates ten songs in order from 1-10 and e-mails them to the person in charge then you have it sorted. Number 1 picks are worth 10 points, number 2's 9 etc, and then just order all the songs that receive votes in the order of points that they receive. You then have your list.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2004, 12:55:23 PM »

Exactly, if everyone just nominates ten songs in order from 1-10 and e-mails them to the person in charge then you have it sorted. Number 1 picks are worth 10 points, number 2's 9 etc, and then just order all the songs that receive votes in the order of points that they receive. You then have your list.

I feel that.