Author Topic: Don't You hate it when you love a song, then find out it's a Cover? SONOFABITC  (Read 280 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Don't You hate it when you love a song, then find out it's a Cover? SONOFAB
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2004, 12:23:06 AM »
I was disgusted the first time I heard "I wanna do something freaky to you" .  I even went around telling people that Dre's "G Thang" was different, because he um, eq'd it, and added little touches here and there that totally changed it.

NO THE FUCK HE DIDN'T! He straight up jacked that beat, made it his biggest hit of all time, and got superstar producer props from it, and didn't even record 1 fucking instrument over it.  I take that back, he added the keys.  The whole damn bass, drums, wah guitar, all that shit was on the original song.  

You got it twisted man, he re-did the whole thing...Made it way smoother; better drums, strings, bass, etc...Sampling isn't as easy as you think man...Dre took that sample, and made it sound 10X better...If/When you start producing, you'll see this...

LOL Please.  I do produce, I record full songs, with live instruments I play, songs I write, and vocals I sing.  Dre didn't do anything special with that sample.  PUFF DADDY could have done what Dre did with that sample, and when PUFF DADDY did all about the benjamins, Dre told a reporter "I've got that record at home, why didn't I think of it????"

Naah man...You just don't know...Bump Leon Haywoods "I Wanna Do Something Freaky To You" in a sound system, and then bump Dre's "Nutthin But A G Thang" in the same sound system right after...Tell me Dre didn't just make that beat 30X better...Puffy woulda' just taken the OG riff and looped it, while Dre replayed the whole thing, making it sound a lot crisper/smoother...PeACe