Author Topic: Who copped the new Kanye today?  (Read 465 times)

Doggystylin

Who copped the new Kanye today?
« on: February 10, 2004, 02:22:50 PM »
me n the homie ditched last period and hit up best buy and copped that shit, da homie copped denzel's Out Of Time too, im watchin that shit tonight, but anyways, kanye has the album of the year so far until somethin tighter comes along.

Woodrow

Re:Who copped the new Kanye today?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2004, 02:24:28 PM »
Amazon's slippin on the shipping, but yeah I copped it

JTSimon

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2004, 02:31:58 PM »
I downloaded it last night...lol @ the skits probably better than the music  ;D
The tracks I liked so far.

02 We Don't Care
07 Jesus Walks
08 Never Let Me Down
19 Through the Wire
20 Family Business
21 Last Call

Out of Time is dope...Sanaa Lathan is hot  :-*

« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 03:01:40 PM by Max Powers »

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2004, 02:49:16 PM »
well i was almost through with my 2nd listen but got too busy bumpin High Heels 8)

but from what i heard so far its good, i need a few more weeks before i call it album of the year or classic though
« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 03:05:25 PM by Lil Jay »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

BL7

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2004, 02:58:28 PM »
I bought it today. Nice album. Far from classic, but it's cool. My favorite songs are Last Call, The New Workout Plan & Spaceship.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2004, 03:43:49 PM »
i feel bad for downloading, im probly gopnan buyt it, its an amng album, but i hate the skits, it makes it seem like a joke, the songs are so good tho, been playing the shit out of the whole fuckin cd

Doggystylin

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2004, 03:56:49 PM »
i feel bad for downloading, im probly gopnan buyt it, its an amng album, but i hate the skits, it makes it seem like a joke, the songs are so good tho, been playing the shit out of the whole fuckin cd

yeah, usually if i download cds and if im feelin it then im coppin it, if not then i just leave it on my computer, i usually dont burn a full cd, but man, i copped the kanye album for 9.99, i mean what is 10 bucks out of your pocket for a cd that you really like? i think its worth it.

JTSimon

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2004, 04:07:47 PM »
lol how much did he sample for this album?

He only has 14 tracks the rest is filler music/crap.

Track 5 is pointless.

haha and he got stop transforming chick voices to Chipmunks...shit sounds stupid after several listens [School Spirit,Through the Wire, Last Call...probably more Slo Jamz chick sounds like a chipmunk but I can't tell if thats her real voice.]

« Last Edit: February 10, 2004, 04:18:01 PM by Max Powers »

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2004, 05:30:08 PM »
I heard it was pretty weak, and that "Kamikaze" is much better.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2004, 05:32:34 PM »

yeah, usually if i download cds and if im feelin it then im coppin it, if not then i just leave it on my computer, i usually dont burn a full cd, but man, i copped the kanye album for 9.99, i mean what is 10 bucks out of your pocket for a cd that you really like? i think its worth it.

You THINK it's worth it? If someone can't spend 10-15 bucks on a CD then they cheap as fuck. Afterall, that's the artist's livelyhood.

Doggystylin

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2004, 05:46:38 PM »

You THINK it's worth it? If someone can't spend 10-15 bucks on a CD then they cheap as fuck. Afterall, that's the artist's livelyhood.

get off my ass dood, im still stressing the point, its not like i said go download it.

PLUS, when i said its worth it, i mean that its worth buying, some albums are not worth buying.

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2004, 05:48:41 PM »
My buddy's gonna burn me a copy I think

But I also copped Out Of Time the other day for like 7$ almost brandnew! pretty good movie imo

pappy

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2004, 06:24:02 PM »
imma buy it in 2 weeks.   im flat broke n got a lot of shit i gotta pay for first

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2004, 07:02:48 PM »
i copped my today for $9.99
this cd is one of the best debut cds ever and yeah its up there by doggystyle, if it wasnt 4 the skits that shit would be classic

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2004, 07:26:30 PM »
i copped my today for $9.99
this cd is one of the best debut cds ever and yeah its up there by doggystyle, if it wasnt 4 the skits that shit would be classic

serious? Doggystyle is beyond classic though. u sure its not just a solid debut?