Author Topic: What does the west offer that no other region does?  (Read 475 times)

Mygla

Re:What does the west offer that no other region does?
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2004, 06:00:43 AM »
fuck Xzibit for this ONE line: there wouldn't be no west-coast without me", lmao, muthafucka's from New Mexico or Detroit or something....

the westcoast got g funk/p funk... that's all i need.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2004, 09:18:06 AM »
[L]east coast = fake industry bling bling garbage recycled W/S game

W/S = OG like some Coke Classic

The first ones to 'recycle' were from the west cause guess where hiphop started. there's a couple e/c artists who do bite w/c, the cali lifestyle's become popular and it's bitten quite often but if u think the whole east is all about bitin the west i feel sorry for you

anyways, every coast offers sumthin others don't...there's phony ass cats everywhere. the west's put out sum of the dopest albums in rap history just like the east and the south...generally the w/c got a more layed-back style, more melodic beats with more funky samples and it's most "gangsta", cuz even tho there's just as much crime and violence in other regions the west is still where the Bloods & Crips are from. Don't go for every artist from the west of course

Mick a/k/a Mickaveli_#1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Greenleaf
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2004, 02:47:48 AM »
Oh yeh without a doubt, X got talent. He can definitly spit a rhyme. I aint judging his talents cause he got it. I'm just saying he aint no gang banger, or doesn't roll with gangsters. That doesn't mean he aint real because of that, but leaving out your friends and selling out to dre IS - which wouldnt be classed as selling out if he didnt make such a big deal before about OTHER rappers who were only in the game for money and fame etc.  He does the exact same thing only 2 years later.

If only he didn't release the song "Papparazi". SHakur even gave EDI a verse to spit on his last LP about Xzibit.

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2004, 05:56:07 AM »

"Now if it wasn't for the West,these rap niggas wouldn't need a vest around they chest" ~ Xzibit  8)

Personally aside from the Liks and Ras and maybe the odd one or 2 other mcs i have no interest in the west. I find it boring and theres too much time put into production and little time in lyrical content.

XL Middleton

• Crown City Entertainment
  • Muthafuckin' OG
  • www.xlmiddleton.com
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2004, 04:55:09 PM »

"Now if it wasn't for the West,these rap niggas wouldn't need a vest around they chest" ~ Xzibit  8)

Personally aside from the Liks and Ras and maybe the odd one or 2 other mcs i have no interest in the west. I find it boring and theres too much time put into production and little time in lyrical content.

That seems to be the stereotype that people outside of the West have about the West.  Thats why lately I've been loving that Quik song "What They Think Of You" lately...if yall havent heard it, check it out, it really sums things up.
XLMIDDLETON.COM
TWITTER.COM/XLMIDDLETON
FACEBOOK.COM/XLMIDDLETON
YOUTUBE.COM/XLMIDDLETONMUSIC
MYSPACE.COM/XLMIDDLETON

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2004, 10:06:48 AM »
i love how people from the west call the east fake...They odviously never been to Harlem, Queens...its a totally different mentality..