Author Topic: Oscars  (Read 713 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Oscars
« on: February 29, 2004, 01:48:06 PM »
This is the official Oscars 2004 Topic.

Ill post something after they're over and Im back from school.

btw: It's a fucking shame and purely ridicolous that Ed Norton never got a Oscar... so sick!!
-Primal Fear
-Fight Club
^if you aint get an Oscar for that, noone should've got one EVER!

He'll probably gets one in 5 years for a bullshit movie.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Oscars
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 03:23:26 PM »
being nominated for Best Supporting Actor for ur first role is one hell of an accomplishment.

my predictions for the main categories

Best Picture- Lord of the Rings: Return of the King
Best Director- the director from City of God
Best Actor- Sean Penn or Johnny Depp
Best Actress- Charlize Theron
Best Supporting Actor- Tim Robbins
Best Supporting Actress- The Mom from 13, lol

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2004, 03:59:32 PM »
LOTR got best movie for sure. I wish Ben Kingsley would win best actor for The House of Sand & Fog, which was a great movie BTW. Sean Penn and Johnny Depp will most likely be the ones to win and I got no problem with that either.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2004, 04:09:01 PM »

btw: It's a fucking shame and purely ridicolous that Ed Norton never got a Oscar... so sick!!
-Primal Fear
-Fight Club

Come on man.  Show some intelligence.  Just because he did a great job in those movies doesn't mean he should have gotten best actor.  Shit, How could he get best actor for Fight Club, when Brad Pitt was in it, and did a better job on his own shit???  You've gotta understand, there are a ton of great actors out there, and depending on what year a movie is released, there's a lot of strong competition.  

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2004, 04:21:30 PM »
what movie was johnny depp in last year that he would win an oscar for?  only movie I can think of that he was in last year was pirates of the caribbean.  don't get me wrong, I think depp is one of the best actors, but I don't think he should win an oscar for POTC.

Sikotic™

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2004, 04:55:52 PM »
He was damn good in Pirates though. I remember watching the movie thinking the dude at least deserves a nomination for it, but I wasn't expecting it to actually happen. He shouldn't win for that movie though.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2004, 05:07:29 PM »
Bill Murray's going to win for Lost In Translation.  

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2004, 06:14:57 PM »
He was damn good in Pirates though. I remember watching the movie thinking the dude at least deserves a nomination for it, but I wasn't expecting it to actually happen. He shouldn't win for that movie though.

No doubt he was good, but he shoulda won oscars for his performances in blow, fear and loathing, or donnie brasco.  I think he may have won one for blow tho, not sure don't follow that award bullshit.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2004, 06:39:57 PM »

The movie that always gets overlooked is Ed Wood
No doubt he was good, but he shoulda won oscars for his performances in blow, fear and loathing, or donnie brasco.  I think he may have won one for blow tho, not sure don't follow that award bullshit.

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2004, 06:43:12 PM »
I never heard of Ed wood.  I'm assuming depp does a great job in it.  can u tell me a bit about it and about when it came out.

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2004, 08:57:08 PM »
Like I said, it doesn't just come down to "Oh, he was good, give him an oscar"!  Johnny Depp has been excellent in EVERY movie he's been in, from Gilbert Grape on up, but it depends on the competition that year.  No, he's never won an oscar.  He WILL though, that's the point.  Eventually, he will win one, and people will always respect him for his great career, whether he wins one or not.  

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2004, 09:23:18 PM »
LOTR:ROTK sweeps 11 of 11 8)

-KIDRENEGADE-

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2004, 10:07:09 PM »
Like I said, it doesn't just come down to "Oh, he was good, give him an oscar"!  Johnny Depp has been excellent in EVERY movie he's been in, from Gilbert Grape on up, but it depends on the competition that year.  No, he's never won an oscar.  He WILL though, that's the point.  Eventually, he will win one, and people will always respect him for his great career, whether he wins one or not.  

i agree ^ depp will most likely get a couple sometime in his life (he's still young)

remember Deniro (who's regarded as one of the best actors, if not thee best, has only won 2)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2004, 07:18:08 AM »

-Primal Fear
-Fight Club

Come on man.  Show some intelligence.  Just because he did a great job in those movies doesn't mean he should have gotten best actor.  Shit, How could he get best actor for Fight Club, when Brad Pitt was in it, and did a better job on his own shit???  You've gotta understand, there are a ton of great actors out there, and depending on what year a movie is released, there's a lot of strong competition.  

you should show intelligence not me, norton acted better than ANY actor... tons of actors world wide? SO WHAT... or you wanna tell me sean penn acted better than norton did? lol... that's not even subjective
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

bez

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2004, 08:31:26 AM »
Dam Lord of the rings stole the show.  I love my movies but I still aint seen 2 and 3 yet. lol.....I guess its because the first 1 really didnt appeal to me, oh well I will have to rent em or sum shit.

I thought the show was dope tho.  I stayed up till 5.30am to watch it all and I am glad I did.  Billy Crystal was great, funny as a mofo and all the artists who won deserved it.  I also enjoyed the way for us UK peeps it cut back to Johnathan Ross, Allistar Mcgowen and others when there was a short break in the actual show, made it much more entertaining from my point of view.

Thats the first time I have ever actually watched an oscars and I will probably now have to stay up late and watch it again next year.  It was wierd cos when I was watching it and watching all of them amazing peoples recieve there oscars I was like dammm I gotta get me one of those, I dunno, it was strange for me but I was kinda thinking maybe thats sumit for me to work towards in life.  

I thought the speech from that blonde girl was great who played a prostitute in Monster or something.  Good emotional and deep speech, I liked it.  

ah well, it was a dope show.