Author Topic: Ja Rule Done Lashing Out At 50, Will Be Himself Again On New LP  (Read 932 times)

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Ja Rule Done Lashing Out At 50, Will Be Himself Again On New LP
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2003, 09:27:21 PM »
don't tell me ja is goin back to making r&b songs...i thought he knows that people got sick of that bullshit?...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2003, 09:43:04 PM »
And on another note:
Why did "Blood in my eye" sell like hot pies in San Bernardino County, but not in the rest of U.S. ?
Hmmm... interesting.

This muthaphukka talking shit on my home... now ain't that a bitch. LOL. Hey dogg, I don't know what you think out in Europe, but come to the I.E. and talk that shit. Now I know exactly why Ja Rule would sell, hell, I live here and know what people like. Muthaphukkaz here love diss songs. LL dissed Canibus, everyone had to have G.O.A.T., no matter how bad, I remember the most played song out of peoples cars in 2000 was Callin' Out Names, you could not go a day for almost a whole year without hearing that song blasting out of someone's car. 50 is a fake pimp, if Ja is dissing a fake pimp, people here will buy it. Shit, I do think people here do forgive too much, but rap fans hear love to get shit that no one else in pop culture likes. If 106 and Park is booing Ja, then it's cool to get his album. I did go to a Ja Rule concert in San Bernardino when he was at the top of his commercial success in the summer of 2001, and no one was there, and they couldn't give tickets away dispite heavy advertising. (I think it was like $10 the day of the concert for floor sit) But now that people are hating on Ja, San Bernardino will give him a second chance, and if his dissing a fake pimp, then it's all good. Besides, we love a good diss song in San Bernardino County. Now if you go north of San Bernardino, into the mountains with all the rich people, and beyond there with all the Republican's in the desert, their kids might have bought Ja because every north of S.B. are some Republican muthaphukkaz, and there are more of them up in the mountains and desert, than us that live in S.B., Rialto, Fontana, Colton, Bloomington, Ontario and Monclair.

SGV

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2003, 09:20:32 AM »
And exactly how do you know that "the streets" bought the album, and not the leftovers of his MTV/sing-a-song/r'n'b-duet fanbase ??
That's right, you have no clue.
I know because his song wasn't topping all charts. The fans from MTV aren't fans of his rugged shit, they're fans of his Ashanti songs. If it were the 12 year old little girls, believe "Clap Back" would be all over TRL. It wasn't, so therefore, they weren't the consumer.

It all comes down to this: If Ja sold 3 mill, Irv would be like "What can I say, the fans love it, Ja is the man"
But it flopped miserably, it sold 250K, and Irv says: "Oh yeah, the hood loved it, Ja is deep in the streets"
The album could have sold 5 UNITS, and Irv would still have a positive exciting outlook on it.
For an album that came out rather quietly with not TOO MUCH promotion, video or radio play, it did alright. His numbers were usually higher because he aimed at a different audience, don't you understand that? This album wasn't made to be platinum, it was made for the streets. That's why every song is on some street shit. It's plain and simple.

If you can't see the comedy.. I won't point it any more out.

Same would have been for 50, if "Get rich or die trying" sold 250K, and 50/Dre said: "The streets loved it, that's who we made it for", I would still be laughing.
You just trying to turn this into a dickrider/hater situation like always.
If 50 didn't have songs like "21 Questions" or "In Da Club" the album wouldn't have done good. If "Many Men" was released as the first single, it probably would've never picked up sales. Why? Becuase that's a song aimed at the streets, not the teenie boppers. So, if that was how 50 made his album, I could see how he would say it's for the streets.

SGV

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2003, 09:21:37 AM »
BTW, M.Dogg, chill on that foo. He don't know. He was trying to wolf on the S.G.V. and can't even get that right.

The S.G.V. is in the Los Angeles County, not San Bernardino County.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2003, 09:35:18 AM »
it's all good. I just don't like no outsider coming in talking shit about my home, a place he ain't never been. It's all good though.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2003, 12:48:02 PM »
lol hahaha niggaz should only speak if they know man, thats all im sayin...........truth is this is the cd thats made most niose for ja on the streets in a long muthafuckin time and i aint even a fan and i aint really heard the whole joint, but i can tell u one thing straight up, this made much mo noise for rule than his last couple joints put together.....

speakin on ja though, now his sayin he going back to normal............he sayin he gone go back to his usual joints with bare singin n shit on it? lol irv and ja be like two confused niggaz in the game......what they need to make is joints that mix ctreetshit and a hit formula on a joint withou goin pop/singin.............until nigga can do that, nigga aint gonna do nuthin if he tryna sell big and keep his cred, if he got much.......

and 50's album was for street niggaz, listen to the album man, jus cuz there a joint for the bitches on it to in 21 questions, it wernt done a in pop way, its sold loads cuz like i said, it mixed street shit and a hit formula together.....joints like "in da club" aint gon harm niggaz rep, than u got joints like many men and high all the time, str8 street shit imo..........

but speakin on topic, irv and rule sayin he gon be back to himself on new lp dont giv no one any hope........who knows what style he switches to this time, luckily i aint a fan so i wont really giv a fuck unless his 1st single is sick as fuck!

peace

Jome

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2003, 07:20:36 PM »
it's all good. I just don't like no outsider coming in talking shit about my home, a place he ain't never been. It's all good though.

Naww naw naw, I ain't talking shit about anybody homes, I just found it funny:

How come SGV knows that Ja Rule sold 250K to "the streets" and not to some mislead MTV teeny-poppers thinking they bought "I'm real 2" and "Love and happiness" ??

Even if it the album went back to hiphop from r'n'b, it doesn't mean that "the streets" bought it.
Besides, exactly who's buying the album doesn't mean shit, and when Irv Gotti does interviews and says "The streets felt it", it's just comedy to me, because I know Irv wish that it would have went at least platinum, "streets" or not..  ::)

And unless SGV is touring "the streets" of U.S., he doesn't know who bought those 250K albums, bottom line.

I could release a album myself, sell 5 copies, and say "the streets felt it, major success!!"
Same comedy to me, only Ja/Irv is on a bigger scale.

SGV

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2003, 08:02:41 PM »
As long as Ja gets praise from the Streets, it's a success to them. His street cred is back up, that was the point of the album. Not to go platinum, not be all over MTV. That's it was all hardcore Hip Hop. So, really, do you even know what you're talking about? Was Ja pushing major numbers on VVV? Nope. He may have went platinum, but he wasn't doing numbers like he did with his more commercial albums.

Jome

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2003, 08:31:40 PM »
As long as Ja gets praise from the Streets, it's a success to them. His street cred is back up, that was the point of the album. Not to go platinum, not be all over MTV. That's it was all hardcore Hip Hop. So, really, do you even know what you're talking about? Was Ja pushing major numbers on VVV? Nope. He may have went platinum, but he wasn't doing numbers like he did with his more commercial albums.

Ok you got it, the streets loooved the album, whatever.

Rag_J

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2004, 10:29:38 AM »
Royce: Nordmann?  ;D

Jome

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2004, 07:32:20 PM »
^^ Yup  ;D

Rag_J

• 'G'