Author Topic: Ja Rule Done Lashing Out At 50, Will Be Himself Again On New LP  (Read 936 times)

Dave Shining

• 'G'
  • The Legend
Ja Rule Done Lashing Out At 50, Will Be Himself Again On New LP
« on: December 09, 2003, 10:16:45 AM »
Irv Gotti says now that Ja Rule is done clapping back at his nemeses, it's time for his homie from Hollis to holla back at the mainstream with his rapping. The duo are currently in the studio banging out a new LP to drop in early 2004.

"Ja's album is coming out at the top of the new year," Irv disclosed Wednesday after a press conference to announce why he dropped the name "Murder" from his label, Murder Inc. "It was always planned for [Blood in My Eye] to be an album that comes out and hits the streets, and then we drop another one that's back to our basic [album] formula of doing big records and street records. That's the chemistry I like. I like the big records and then I like the records for the streets."

Coming with some of his most angry and rough music for an entire album with Blood in My Eye may have been planned to help solidify Ja's credibility, but the move has done little to uphold his status as a radio darling and SoundScan heavyweight. In four weeks, the LP has moved only 284,000 units, a severe tapering off compared to his last LP, The Last Temptation, which sold 237,000 in just its first week. But Gotti says he and Rule weren't going after the huge sales.

"Blood in My Eye was basically Ja Rule giving the 'hood what he felt it wanted to hear from him," he explained. "It wasn't designed to sell 100 million records. We would've loved it. Of course we would take that, but going in, it wasn't designed for that. Ja was just lashing back after all he had to take from the people, from the enemies, from everybody. That was always our intent — put this album out, let them hear him respond back [to 50 Cent's disses] the way he wants to respond back. So I view Blood in My Eye as a tremendous success 'cause the streets got it and the streets is feeling it."

A spokesperson for the Inc. says that while there are currently no plans to put out another single and video from Blood in My Eye, the lead cut from the 2004 album may be out as early as January. There is still no title for Rule's next project.

The Watcher

Re:Ja Rule Done Lashing Out At 50, Will Be Himself Again On New LP
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2003, 05:38:43 PM »
what happened to this dude taking a break?
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Dave Shining

• 'G'
  • The Legend
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2003, 05:44:27 PM »
same here yo i thought blood in my eyes was his last attempt at tryin to get his "crown" back which he will neva be like he was on Venti Vetti Vecci

Citizen-Y

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2003, 05:45:34 PM »
what happened to this dude leaving the rap game?

fixed

Jome

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2003, 07:32:43 PM »
So I view Blood in My Eye as a tremendous success 'cause the streets got it and the streets is feeling it."

SGV

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2003, 07:39:46 PM »

Jome

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 07:59:17 PM »

The streets Jome, not Norway.

What streets got it, and felt it.. ??
The grimey streets of San Bernadinho Valley (Spelling) ???

SGV

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 08:04:13 PM »

One, that would be the Grimey Streets of the San Bernardino County. Which has a lot of real bad areas, so don't speak on it, since you OBVIOUSLY don't know. You're trying to talk about the San Gabriel Valley, which also has some bad areas. Again, you don't know about it, don't speak on it.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2003, 08:09:15 PM »
 8)

Jome

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2003, 08:17:30 PM »

One, that would be the Grimey Streets of the San Bernardino County. Which has a lot of real bad areas, so don't speak on it, since you OBVIOUSLY don't know. You're trying to talk about the San Gabriel Valley, which also has some bad areas. Again, you don't know about it, don't speak on it.

Geez.. once again you're defending the credibility of a album/artist that you don't/didn't like.
The rest is just svada.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2003, 08:19:52 PM »
ja is an idiot

Jome

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2003, 08:21:16 PM »
And on another note:
Why did "Blood in my eye" sell like hot pies in San Bernardino County, but not in the rest of U.S. ?
Hmmm... interesting.

SGV

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2003, 08:33:51 PM »

Geez.. once again you're defending the credibility of a album/artist that you don't/didn't like.
The rest is just svada.

Actually, I liked the album. So, yea, you're wrong yet again.

And on another note:
Why did "Blood in my eye" sell like hot pies in San Bernardino County, but not in the rest of U.S. ?
Hmmm... interesting.

You know, I wouldn't know why it sold well there, I'm not form the SBC. Matter of fact, ask Sly Boogy and Dirty Bird, they're SBC Natives. I'm from the San Gabriel Valley, Los Angeles County. BTW, if it's an album for the streets, it's not going to boast huge sales? Why? Because most of the sales come from Teenage MTV watchers, who are more than likely NOT in the streets. So...lets stop the hatred for one minute Jomo and really understand the point of this album.

Jome

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2003, 08:47:58 PM »
You know, I wouldn't know why it sold well there, I'm not form the SBC. Matter of fact, ask Sly Boogy and Dirty Bird, they're SBC Natives. I'm from the San Gabriel Valley, Los Angeles County. BTW, if it's an album for the streets, it's not going to boast huge sales? Why? Because most of the sales come from Teenage MTV watchers, who are more than likely NOT in the streets. So...lets stop the hatred for one minute Jomo and really understand the point of this album.

And exactly how do you know that "the streets" bought the album, and not the leftovers of his MTV/sing-a-song/r'n'b-duet fanbase ??
That's right, you have no clue.

It all comes down to this: If Ja sold 3 mill, Irv would be like "What can I say, the fans love it, Ja is the man"
But it flopped miserably, it sold 250K, and Irv says: "Oh yeah, the hood loved it, Ja is deep in the streets"
The album could have sold 5 UNITS, and Irv would still have a positive exciting outlook on it.
If you can't see the comedy.. I won't point it any more out.

Same would have been for 50, if "Get rich or die trying" sold 250K, and 50/Dre said: "The streets loved it, that's who we made it for", I would still be laughing.
You just trying to turn this into a dickrider/hater situation like always.

The Watcher

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2003, 09:18:11 PM »
now now girls, no need to argue in every thread
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden