Author Topic: Damn....  (Read 128 times)

Don Breezio

Damn....
« on: March 10, 2004, 11:48:28 AM »
man i been thinkin...my parents always hated the fact that i listened to hip hop...they always said "one day you'll grow out of it"...i always said "no way"...and i havent grown out of hip hop at all. but the thing is i've grown out of getting into new music. its really hard for me now to get into all these new artists coming out because of the fact that the music i grew up with has a totally different feel to it. like i would listen to regulators, or no way out, or even candy rain over get rich or die tryin, cheers, or even kanye west anyday. i seriously miss the days when i was growin up...not because i was young and had nothing to worry about...but because the music (to me) was so much better. hearing nothing all day but dope shit. warren g, dre, snoop, puffy, soul for real, keith sweat, mase, fugees, TQ, ice cube, bone thugs, wu-tang, usher, etc....i listen to that stuff now and i compare it to the stuff coming out and the shit coming out seems like shit.

i still like a lot of the stuff coming out but mainly its the more underground stuff or the stuff that artists i grew up with are still putting out. i can honestly say i would rather have another coolio cd drop than another lil wayne cd drop.

anybody else feel that way? is it hard for you guys to get into the new shit?

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Damn....
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 12:45:58 PM »
I know exactly what you're talking about. I was talking about this just the other day with my friends, but they thought the idea was weird.

One Eyed Willy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • DIPSET
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 12:52:08 PM »
i think you need to cop 'diplomatic immunity'. its the greatest gangsta rap album of all time. yes surr!

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 01:03:17 PM »
^^LMAO^^

Anyways, I feel you on this Luke.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2004, 02:38:27 PM »
i kinda feel u even tho personally i like sum of the shit that's droppin nowadays, but i know what u talkin about...then again, i'm 18 so i don't know what i'ma say in 5 years

kosta

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2004, 03:00:44 PM »
that's why i check as much music out as i can lol

last year i've hated anything that sounded even a little like rock-music, now i've bought 3 metal albums within 1 week

checking out new music is like learning a new language
its always easier when ure still young

smerlus

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 09:13:12 PM »
i think you need to cop 'diplomatic immunity'. its the greatest gangsta rap album of all time. yes surr!

sorry i got to say it.....

how can you type when you're all over the diplomat's dicks? you honestly have a talent, you should write a book

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 09:29:29 PM »
Welcome to "You're old as fuck".  I've been here for a while.  

The good news is, there's about 10,000 good musicians that were out before you got into music.  You could listen to shit for the rest of your life and never hear all the good music, so dont' sweat it.  You'll have to look outside of hiphop after a while though, but there's even tons of great hiphop you've probably never heard that you'd enjoy.  

Don Breezio

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2004, 11:11:42 PM »
Welcome to "You're old as fuck".  I've been here for a while.  

The good news is, there's about 10,000 good musicians that were out before you got into music.  You could listen to shit for the rest of your life and never hear all the good music, so dont' sweat it.  You'll have to look outside of hiphop after a while though, but there's even tons of great hiphop you've probably never heard that you'd enjoy.  

i've already gone outside of hip hop...like 10 years ago...i've always loved rock, and r&b...got into techno awhile back but still not majorly into it. but yeah i need to get into some of the older (way older) shit...yo trauma can you recommend some good shit?

i was thinkin bout this topic again on my way home from my girls house...i was listening to jay-z's vol. 1 and i played city is mine, imaginary player, and sunshine and thought....damn...nothing to me will ever be as much of a classic as this album probably...and nothing can bring as good of a feeling....that sucks.