Author Topic: Breaking News: Lesnar 100% Gone After WMXX  (Read 421 times)

pinche juan

• 'G'
  • what more can i say
Breaking News: Lesnar 100% Gone After WMXX
« on: March 10, 2004, 10:03:29 AM »
 Brock Lesnar informed WWE management yesterday that his last date for the foreseeable future will be at WrestleMania.

Check back later today for more on this story.

he is leaving to go play in the nfl

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
Re:Breaking News: Lesnar 100% Gone After WMXX
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2004, 12:19:43 PM »
It's noy 100% confirmed yet.

Brock Lesnar quits WWE?

TSN.ca Staff with files from Wrestling Observer &

3/10/2004

Dave Scherer of PWinsider.com and Dave Meltzer of WrestlingObserver.com are both reporting that Brock Lesnar quit the company at last night's SmackDown tapings citing his desire to pursue a career in the National Football League.

The 26 year old Lesnar will face Bill Goldberg at WrestleMania XX on Sunday in what he is allegedly telling insiders will be his final match.

Lesnar allegedly stood up in front of the SmackDown crew yesterday at the pre-show talent meeting and announced his desire to leave the company following WrestleMania to pursue a career in the National Football league.  Lesnar told people that he was miserable in the business and was burned out by WWE's hectic travel schedule which has seen him join the crew for shows in places as far away as South Africa and Iraq in the past few months.

Lesnar allegedly thanked Vince McMahon, Jim Ross, Gerry Brisco, Big Show, and Paul Heyman for their help with his career, and said he would return.

This is a sharp turn-about for a man who has attempted to become a cornerstone of the locker room, and who a couple of months ago during a pre-show talent meeting, allegedly said that people who leaked information to the internet would have to deal with him.

A rumour like this seems so ludicrous that it feels like a WrestleMania public relations stunt in order to get hype for the Pay Per View.  Lesnar had an illustrious high school and college wrestling career, but isn't known at all for his performance on the grid iron.  Lesnar recently signed a 7 year deal with World Wrestling Entertainment, and bought himself a jet to make his trips around the country more comfortable.  WWE agreed at the time to pick up the tab for fuel and the pilot for the jet.

TSN.ca is attempting to contact WWE for comment on this story.  More on it as it develops.

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2004, 08:42:10 PM »
I DIDN'T KNOW HE WAS BANGIN SABLE!!! Lucky mofo.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2004, 10:20:40 PM »
This is why vince needs stop pushing these new fucks. Lesnar came in and instantly became a monster, and now look at him, he's out the door. But you had guys like Booker who broke his back for wrestling, and never got the true push they deserved to make room for guys like Brock who just don't give a fuck. And face it, Brock DIDN'T draw. The ratings in wrestling have been far inferior to what they were back in the mid to late 90's. I'm glad to see them giving people like Eddie a chance. And they need to keep doing that. Push the eddies, the jerichos, the benoits, and peeps that put thier heart and soul into the sport, and keep the rookies at bay until you see they are commited. Vince needs to evaluate his company better  >:(

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2004, 05:14:15 AM »
^ I think the simple answer is he needs to push the guys with Charisma, like Eddie, Christian, Jericho, etc. those should be all your champions, the ones than can talk.  Brock never could talk.  I mean he should have been pushed, because he's a monster, but you can't build the whole company around 1 guy or 2 guys.  

The Watcher

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2004, 05:23:43 AM »
this will end up being a work. Remember all these meetings about storylines leaking out? Vince would've sat down, told a few people a different story each, only to find out someones story has made it to the internet

might not be real, but atleast i can hope  ;D
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2004, 05:41:41 AM »
"^ I think the simple answer is he needs to push the guys with Charisma, like Eddie, Christian, Jericho, etc. those should be all your champions, the ones than can talk.  Brock never could talk.  I mean he should have been pushed, because he's a monster, but you can't build the whole company around 1 guy or 2 guys."

Lesnar started out as a monster then became a much more rounded character , his mic skills have greatly improved since his debut and are still improving

also i don't blame Lesnar for wanting to leave , the schedule for the WWE (especially Smackdown crew) is really demanding , if he can find a better way of life in football then hey good luck to ya

pinche juan

• 'G'
  • what more can i say
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2004, 09:20:45 AM »

As many of you know yesterday was one of the biggest news days we have had in the last year or so. We continue to hear good and bad things about Brock Lesnar leaving WWE. Some people have been questioning the fact of the entire situation as to whether it's a work. All signs right now point to this being completely real and simply the fact that Lesnar is fed up with the travel schedule.

Lesnar is leaving WWE on the best conditions possible given the situation. Obviously, WWE is upset at the loss of a young star such as Brock but understand how unhappy he really is.

Brock will be attending today's press conference at Planet Hollywood in Manhattan. Isn't it funny that WWE has told people that anyone associated with wrestling websites will not be considered “the press”.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2004, 12:41:04 PM »
This is why vince needs stop pushing these new fucks. Lesnar came in and instantly became a monster, and now look at him, he's out the door. But you had guys like Booker who broke his back for wrestling, and never got the true push they deserved to make room for guys like Brock who just don't give a fuck. And face it, Brock DIDN'T draw. The ratings in wrestling have been far inferior to what they were back in the mid to late 90's. I'm glad to see them giving people like Eddie a chance. And they need to keep doing that. Push the eddies, the jerichos, the benoits, and peeps that put thier heart and soul into the sport, and keep the rookies at bay until you see they are commited. Vince needs to evaluate his company better  >:(

Brock Lesnar was becoming the biggest name in the WWE, he's a bigger heal than HHH who's supposed to be the top heal. And Brock isn't like Goldberg who only cares about money and not the business. Lesnar does care about the business he just can't take the travel schedule. So maybe he is trying the NFL or maybe he's just taking a tempory leave, but there has been a rumour of him wanting to take a break for a few months now.

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2004, 05:21:11 PM »
I don't agree with you bro. Nothing personal. If he had the heart for it, he would tough it out like every other person on the roster. He was only a rising star cause he was givin his career on a siver platter due to his size. His charisma was low, and his mic skills while improved are still pretty bad. I just think it's a mistake to give so much opportunity to guys like Lesnar who hadn't put in any work. He might be deserving of a big push at THIS point in his career, but not the first day he laced up the boots like he was given. It's unfair to the guys who put in work. Has to be a morale killer.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2004, 11:12:22 PM by The Big Bad Ass »

Trauma-san

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2004, 08:20:48 PM »
^ I agree totally with your evaluation of him, but I can see why Vince pushed him.  He worked dark matches for a full year before he came into the WWE on-screen, so he's somebody they were grooming to be huge.  I still say what killed him was his mike skills STILL sucked, like you said.  

Shit, just look at that videogame commercial where he has a bra and panties match with Torrie Wilson.  He even fucked THAT up. The guy just can't talk.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2004, 04:43:32 AM »
^ I agree totally with your evaluation of him, but I can see why Vince pushed him.  He worked dark matches for a full year before he came into the WWE on-screen, so he's somebody they were grooming to be huge.  I still say what killed him was his mike skills STILL sucked, like you said.  

Shit, just look at that videogame commercial where he has a bra and panties match with Torrie Wilson.  He even fucked THAT up. The guy just can't talk.

How did he fuck that up? The reason he got the push was the fans were responding to him, he was becoming a huge star because fans respect the fact that we have never seen anyone like Lesnar before in the history of this business. Remeber fans wanted him to beat The Rock for the titleover a year ago. He's getting better and better with the mic, that's one of the reason's Paul Heyman isn't with him anymore. And he does care about the business, but the travel is too much. A lot of guys are or were thinking of quitting because of the travel. Nothing killed Brock Lesnar, he's one of four heavyweight contenders that people care about (Eddie, Angle, & Cena being the others) he was and is the biggest heel on Smackdown! and pretty close to ebing the most over heel in the WWE.

ARYC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2004, 05:36:45 AM »
nothing "killed" Brock Lesnar , his mic skills are good :his promo on Eddie Guerrero "these ppl swam a long way to get here" was great and his promo askin to get a match with Goldberg had some good acting for a wrestler
his workrate is awesome and among the best in WWE

he isn't a draw? few ppl are nowadays

"But you had guys like Booker who broke his back for wrestling, and never got the true push"

no offense but Booker T sucks , he was WCW champion in the dying days of WCW , he's very bland and hasn't changed his catchphrases in like 3 years , and has worked with Austin , The Rock and The Undertaker and hasn't gotten over to main event level despite working with super main event guys, ppl like him (i don't)
but not to the point of seeing him as a credible champ

in WWE land he's an upper mid carder at best and thank god for that

oh yeah , also he doesn't deserve a bigger push than he has now

The Big Bad Ass

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2004, 02:43:57 PM »
I didn't care for Booker T growing up, until I saw a Nitro in person. He was the most fun to watch at the show. Hall, Nash, Lugar, and most of the top guys looked like statues out there. Goldberg was just getting hot, and he only did a spear as a run in type thing, but for his full match, Booker was exciting to watch, and I have respect for that. His catch phrases may have gotten old, but you have to have a chance, and good writers to get over with the crowd. Believe what you want, but Edge, Christian, Angle, and even the Rock to some extent rely on writers for their stuff. Don't believe me? Read Angle and Rocks books. So it's not fair to bring up Bookers catch phrases.

You can say what you want about Brocks Mic skills, but he sounds like a constipated woman. Plus he has some of the better minds in wwe writing his material, and still it comes out wrong, or rushed ect.

Not sure why people are defending him. He's leaving the business. He's turning his back on YOU the fans, cause the travel is rough. Fuck that, make your million or 2 a year and deal with it for long enough to say you had a real career in the wwe.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 02:45:39 PM by The Big Bad Ass »

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2004, 04:42:33 PM »
^^We should be thankful for having seen someone liek Lesnar, because we have never seen anyone like Brock before him, and probably never will again.

Remember Goldberg is leaving because he is getting enough money, all Brock is unhappy with is the travel, Goldberg doen't even do those shows outside of North American