Author Topic: Talib Aint Happy  (Read 379 times)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Talib Aint Happy
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2004, 08:25:50 PM »
yeah no kidding. its unavoidable.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2004, 06:27:01 AM »
I see why Talib is pissed off, because people will now be judging his album on a unmastered and probably unfinished leak, and may not now buy the album. I feel where he is coming from, but I would say also that most people who buy Talib's music are pretty dedicated fans anyway, so people like me who have downloaded the advance are still gonna buy the album regardless. And if he manages to pull in any of the MTV crowd with a first single, then they will buy his album then, they ain't gonna download an advance now because most of them don't know of him. As long as people realise that this is a advance and is not the final product then its cool.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2004, 06:52:45 AM »
talib is one of the last few that i respect, but i gotta say that artists that bitch about their albums being downloaded need to wake up. i'm not about to spend money on something that i perceive as garbage, period. and no one should ask us to buy their shit without making sure that we like it first. that is our right as a consumer to make sure we like what we buy.

but the problem is, and where i agree with talib, is that we got millions of people downloading shit that they bump day in and day out without giving a goddam about the artist. that's where the problem is. that's what's disrespecting people's art. not the fact that we listen to it before we buy it, that should be a give in.....but the fact that some people d/l everything that they like and never buy it, that's the problem....it's pretty simple really, but with a $6.99 price tag (like quality), it'd be almost impossible not to buy it if you're a fan of talib.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2004, 07:05:28 AM »
talib is one of the last few that i respect, but i gotta say that artists that bitch about their albums being downloaded need to wake up. i'm not about to spend money on something that i perceive as garbage, period. and no one should ask us to buy their shit without making sure that we like it first. that is our right as a consumer to make sure we like what we buy.

but the problem is, and where i agree with talib, is that we got millions of people downloading shit that they bump day in and day out without giving a goddam about the artist. that's where the problem is. that's what's disrespecting people's art. not the fact that we listen to it before we buy it, that should be a give in.....but the fact that some people d/l everything that they like and never buy it, that's the problem....it's pretty simple really, but with a $6.99 price tag (like quality), it'd be almost impossible not to buy it if you're a fan of talib.

i agree. i often d/l parts of an album before i buy it, but if i like it i will