Author Topic: Making up new terms..  (Read 286 times)

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Making up new terms..
« on: March 31, 2004, 12:56:58 AM »
have ya'll noticed that rappers really blow up BIG when they come up with new terms in their songs. Everybody seems to love that shit. I can think of many examples: 50Cent - Wanksta; Chingy - "hurr" (didnt really make it up, but it made him); J-Kwon - Tispy; Lil Jon - Yeeeah! Whaaat? Okaaay!!!;Master P - Uuuuh, Whodi... and many more. What the fuck is wrong with this? Most of these songs are garbage and unfortunately help these "artists" rise to the top of the game.
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Making up new terms..
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 01:06:09 AM »
You forgot the biggest one of all..."Bling Bling"

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 06:58:10 AM »
E-40 got a lot of words he made up, even tho others started usin sum of them

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 08:33:47 AM »
Tipsy was around way before gay-kwon ::)

-KIDRENEGADE-

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 01:23:52 PM »
yup. I also forgot to mention that Snoop seems to always be able to revitalize his career with new words, like saying "Izzle" at the end of words, or "chuuuch".
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

smerlus

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 01:29:56 PM »
let's not forget freek a leek  ::)

SGV

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 01:30:38 PM »
LMAO @ making up new terms. Man. You're a real moron. "Tipsy" has been used for years. J Kwon DID NOT make that term up. Terms like "Yeah" and  "What" have been used by people since before Lil Jon was born. You've made a horrible case here.

smerlus

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 01:35:18 PM »
LMAO @ making up new terms. Man. You're a real moron. "Tipsy" has been used for years. J Kwon DID NOT make that term up. Terms like "Yeah" and  "What" have been used by people since before Lil Jon was born. You've made a horrible case here.

damn you must have a Napolean complex, you always trying to put some one one down.

he's saying that these people are getting rich off of slogans and by putting words out there that people don't always use....now all you hear in clubs is stupid bitches say "oh we gettin tipsy tonight!" and shit like that

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 01:43:18 PM »
I can't believe he said "Tipsy". Haha.

SGV

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 02:25:38 PM »

damn you must have a Napolean complex, you always trying to put some one one down.

he's saying that these people are getting rich off of slogans and by putting words out there that people don't always use....now all you hear in clubs is stupid bitches say "oh we gettin tipsy tonight!" and shit like that
Nope. I'm 6'2". No Napolean complex here.

I've been saying tipsy for years. Way before J.Kwon. My homies have been saying. I've been hearing it in music for years. It's NOTHING new.

"Bling Bling" was a good example. The whole "thurr," "hurr" thing was a good example. "Izzle," dizzle" etc was a good example. "Yeah," "what," "Tipsy," were horrible examples of "making up new terms."  He never mentioned the word "slogan." Take off the cape, you can't save this one.

smerlus

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2004, 02:38:33 PM »

I've been saying tipsy for years. Way before J.Kwon. My homies have been saying. I've been hearing it in music for years. It's NOTHING new.

"Bling Bling" was a good example. The whole "thurr," "hurr" thing was a good example. "Izzle," dizzle" etc was a good example. "Yeah," "what," "Tipsy," were horrible examples of "making up new terms."  He never mentioned the word "slogan." Take off the cape, you can't save this one.

use that cape as a bib and eat a dick...how are you gonna call his whole thread garbage and then say 3/5 of the examples were good....

so it's not Napolean but fat aggression

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2004, 02:49:49 PM »

I'd actually blame that hurr shit on Nelly.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2004, 03:06:25 PM »
Tipsy is a word I have only ever heard girls use. Probably says quite a lot about J Kwon.

Don Breezio

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2004, 03:59:36 PM »
i use tipsy and i hear people use it all the time...and its been since way before j-kwon

use that cape as a bib and eat a dick...

ROFL Smerlus you get props for that.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2004, 04:34:11 PM »
use that cape as a bib and eat a dick...

LMFAO