Author Topic: Can some1 explain this to me  (Read 989 times)

Bomb-A®

Can some1 explain this to me
« on: April 09, 2004, 12:32:11 AM »
If it wadn't for me where the fuck you'd be?
Rappin like the Treacherous Three, fuckin cowards
I'd have seen Dre rockin parties for hours
And I'd have seen Ren fuckin bitches from Howard
And I'd have seen Snoop give away Eddie Bauer's
So fuck Jerry Heller and the white superpowers

from verse 1 of chin check by ice cube

can some1 explain these lines to me coz i cant understand them. wat is he tryin to say?
i understand the fuck jerry heller part but....?????

peace

hector

Re:Can some1 explain this to me
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2004, 12:42:57 AM »
basically in the first line he is sayin "if it weren't for ICe Cube where would gangsta rap be?"  ya know cuz he was a starter of it with NWA.  Cube helped pave the way for everyone.

2nd line I think he just talkin shit basically (not to nwa or anyone in general) just the haterz.

and the lines about snoop, dre, and ren is basically just braggin bout how they are dope.

by the way its:

and I done seen Ren fuckin bitches from Holland

(or maybe not, but thats what I always thought.  does sound like Howard tho, whatever the fuck that means.)

basically In this verse cube is just using his ego and spitting some shit bout how dope him and all the other guys are.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 12:45:34 AM by Hector Dragoncox »

SINLOC

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2004, 12:47:10 AM »
Jerry Heller was the white man just ruling the niggaz with attitudez who ya fooling
well Jerry Heller was the manager for NWA so i really dont know the beef with him and cube probably cuz he fucked him over or something and when i first heard the verse i thought he was dissin ren and only giving props to Eazy
« Last Edit: April 09, 2004, 12:49:28 AM by Dirty Red »

tnp

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2004, 01:23:16 AM »

(or maybe not, but thats what I always thought.  does sound like Howard tho, whatever the fuck that means.)

i always thought he was referring to Howard University

Bomb-A®

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2004, 01:32:59 AM »

he was
i thought the thr treachorous 3 were snoop, dre and ren and he was calling them cowards coz they arent doing the things now that they used to in the past. thats how i always interpreted it. but obviously wouldnt diss them on a track which featured them. ???

peace

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2004, 01:57:38 AM »
damn,this track is probably one of my all time favorite westcoast songs. Top 5 for sure
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

LazyLatino

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 02:36:03 AM »

he was
i thought the thr treachorous 3 were snoop, dre and ren and he was calling them cowards coz they arent doing the things now that they used to in the past. thats how i always interpreted it. but obviously wouldnt diss them on a track which featured them. ???

peace

LOL!!!!!!!! Treachours three was a group with Kool Moe Dee,Special K ,DJ Easy Lee, and L.A. Sunshine....they from the eastcoast..basicly what Ice Cube is sayin with that line is that mothafuckaz would still be on that party hiphop, non profanatiy rap..if there wasnt for NWA....

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 05:21:37 AM »

LOL!!!!!!!! Treachours three was a group with Kool Moe Dee,Special K ,DJ Easy Lee, and L.A. Sunshine....they from the eastcoast..basicly what Ice Cube is sayin with that line is that mothafuckaz would still be on that party hiphop, non profanatiy rap..if there wasnt for NWA....

vegaz

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2004, 11:06:34 AM »
I remember reading some crazy shit in the sauce(the source) that said jerry heller in some how was responsible for Eazy E's passing. This shit came out of Krazie bones mouth, he was talkin some wild shit about he set it up for eazy to be somehow infected with aids. I think it was supposedly by injection. the whole shit sounds like its alittle far fetched but who knows? Lil E also thinks there is more behind his death then just the whole h.i.v. thing.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2004, 03:09:31 PM »
I remember reading some crazy shit in the sauce(the source) that said jerry heller in some how was responsible for Eazy E's passing. This shit came out of Krazie bones mouth, he was talkin some wild shit about he set it up for eazy to be somehow infected with aids. I think it was supposedly by injection. the whole shit sounds like its alittle far fetched but who knows? Lil E also thinks there is more behind his death then just the whole h.i.v. thing.

You're right...Eazy-E shot heroine with Jerry Heller, and Heller set him up by giving him an HIV infected needle, which he mysteriously happened to have just laying around... ::)

Diabolical

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2004, 03:46:53 PM »
I never knew Eazy was on H

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2004, 08:41:32 PM »
damn,this track is probably one of my all time favorite westcoast songs. Top 5 for sure

Trauma-san

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2004, 08:51:18 PM »
He's just leaving out prepositions and shit.  Here's the white person version.

"If it wasn't for I, where would the rap community be?
We're great rappers, you can call us the treacherous three!
You're all cowards!
I've seen my brother Dre playing songs and having a blast at parties for hours;
I've seen Ren socializing with the fine women from Howard;
I've seen Snoop Doggy Dogg give away cars by Eddie Bauer!
So, in my opinion, we're three successful Black men, without Jerry Heller, and the other producers whom are white, and Super Powerful!"

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2004, 08:53:47 PM »
Btw, I know there's a group called the treacherous three, but I don't think Cube's dissing them in this song.  They've never had any beef, he's just ganking their name, I believe.  Could be wrong, though... it works either way, but I don't see why he would diss them and call them cowards for no reason, I think it was more along the lines of Dre/Ren/Cube were the treacherous three.  Could be wrong, though.  

smerlus

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2004, 09:40:37 PM »
he's not dissing them he's just saying that withought the gangsta rap break through that they created....people would still rap about parties and shit and rap would have missed out on that whole gangsta element