Author Topic: What a disgusting Laker-Game today vs. the Kings  (Read 1155 times)

.:DayGoStyLz:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
Re:What a disgusting Laker-Game today vs. the Kings
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2004, 10:13:58 PM »
lol hmmmm

u can make an argument for Garnett. Kobe tho only goes as far as Shaq takes him. But even Garnett has more help around him then Duncan does. And San Antionio is in a position to take the west POSSIBLY. When Duncan and Garnett go head to head, Duncan typically gets the advantage. I like Garnett, so i wont hate on him. But u know theyre not gonna give the MVP to Duncan 3 yrs in a row, they want a new face.

Kobe only goes as far as Shaq takes him? It's dumbass comments like that which make me sick...Are we even watching the same player? Kobe is easily playing a lot better than Shaq this season...Have you not seen him single-handedly bring the Lakers back from 25 point 4th quarter deficits this season? You obviously don't watch Laker games, or listen to any NBA analysts who have said Kobe is by far the best in the league when he plays to full potential... ::)

lol how many MVP's does Kobe have? Apparently he has NEVER played to his full potential....lol. what a shame. And Shaq is a much more solid player the Kobe. Not so inconsistent. Kobe can carry u guys...and ruin u guys all in the same game. thats not a MVP.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2004, 10:19:01 PM »
lol hmmmm

u can make an argument for Garnett. Kobe tho only goes as far as Shaq takes him. But even Garnett has more help around him then Duncan does. And San Antionio is in a position to take the west POSSIBLY. When Duncan and Garnett go head to head, Duncan typically gets the advantage. I like Garnett, so i wont hate on him. But u know theyre not gonna give the MVP to Duncan 3 yrs in a row, they want a new face.

Kobe only goes as far as Shaq takes him? It's dumbass comments like that which make me sick...Are we even watching the same player? Kobe is easily playing a lot better than Shaq this season...Have you not seen him single-handedly bring the Lakers back from 25 point 4th quarter deficits this season? You obviously don't watch Laker games, or listen to any NBA analysts who have said Kobe is by far the best in the league when he plays to full potential... ::)

oh, one more thing...i havent heard too many NBA analyst (with the exception of Jack Haley, who ISNT an NBA analyst!) say Kobe was the best player in the league lol. Last year he had some analyst backing him, just like Garnett did, just like Duncan did, just like T-Mac did, just like Shaq did. But Duncan was still the MVP, and Kobe wasnt even the runner up i believe. This year he wont even finish in the top 4 (im not dogging him about that, obviously with whats been goin on he wouldnt be able to be). But Basketball common sense would tell u who that teams MVP is. Shaqs game sets up everyone elses...INCLUDING Kobe's. Shit, Kobe can hardly get past Bruce Bowen on his own lol

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2004, 10:55:03 PM »
lol hmmmm

oh, one more thing...i havent heard too many NBA analyst (with the exception of Jack Haley, who ISNT an NBA analyst!) say Kobe was the best player in the league lol. Last year he had some analyst backing him, just like Garnett did, just like Duncan did, just like T-Mac did, just like Shaq did. But Duncan was still the MVP, and Kobe wasnt even the runner up i believe. This year he wont even finish in the top 4 (im not dogging him about that, obviously with whats been goin on he wouldnt be able to be). But Basketball common sense would tell u who that teams MVP is. Shaqs game sets up everyone elses...INCLUDING Kobe's. Shit, Kobe can hardly get past Bruce Bowen on his own lol

MVP doesn't mean shit...Kobe was robbed of the MVP last year, because his team wasn't doing shit. But he still carried the whole fuckin team, and took them to the playoffs ON HIS OWN...And if you haven't heard analysts saying that Kobe is the best player in the league, then you don't watch basketball...Plain and simple.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2004, 11:10:33 PM »
MVP's arn't for who is the best player in the league it's for who was more valuable to their team and who had nice team record....jordan was easily the best player in the league just about every year he was playing except for the 2 years with the wizards and perhaps his rookie year, but he didn't win all the MVP's.  Kobe is by far the leagues most talented player....the orlando game against t-mac sealed the deal for me

kobe isn't the leagues MVP this year but neither is duncan

it's easily Garnett or O'neal....jermaine

and like i said before all 4 top seeds have an equal chance of taking it right now, because they're all equally deadly, the lakers , kings, and spurs are playing  CRAPPY ball  period... and are all inconsistant right now. the onlt team playing hungry playoff ball is the wolves.....i'm a die hard laker fan but i tell it how it is.

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2004, 03:35:36 AM »
MVP's arn't for who is the best player in the league it's for who was more valuable to their team and who had nice team record....jordan was easily the best player in the league just about every year he was playing except for the 2 years with the wizards and perhaps his rookie year, but he didn't win all the MVP's.  Kobe is by far the leagues most talented player....the orlando game against t-mac sealed the deal for me

and like i said before all 4 top seeds have an equal chance of taking it right now, because they're all equally deadly, the lakers , kings, and spurs are playing  CRAPPY ball  period... and are all inconsistant right now. the onlt team playing hungry playoff ball is the wolves.....i'm a die hard laker fan but i tell it how it is.

wait...the Spurs are the hottest team in the league right now with a 10 game win streak headed into the playoffs. they are atop espn's power rankings, above Minnesota who is in the middle of a 8 game win streak. So i dont think theyre playin crappy. theyre capable of playing better, but theyre also playing better then anyone else at this time. And i know theres a difference between MVP and "Best Player". My point was, Kobe (to me) isnt even the MVP of his team...so i cant consider him the "Best" in the league. Jordan was the best player in the league for most of his career, BUT was he EVER not the MVP of his team? lol.

And for NIK, even the blindest Kobe fan cant say that theyve seen analyst all year sayin he's the best player in the league. Cmon man, be honest. Like i said, last year he had analyst backing him, but not anymore then Duncan, Garnett, or T-mac. And u saying that he did it by himself last year, means you think the rest of the team is shit? You claimed before the season started that the Lakers had a stronger supporting cast around your big 4, then Duncan did around him. Last year Duncan was MVP, this year he'll be either 2 or 3rd. Kobe not even in the top 5. So if thats the case (like u said it was), then Duncan is by FAR the more valuable and better player then Kobe. Correct? Unless youre going back on your original statement, to say that the Spurs bench and supporting cast is far superior to the Lakers.

btw, i still believe Duncan should get the nod over KG. KG has alot more help then he has in the past, but thats about it. Duncans numbers are very close to what they were last year, but his team LOST people. No David Robinson to help out defensively and with rebounds down low was huge. But his team is still contending for best in the west. Garnett has Spree and Cassell with him. Like i said, Garnett deserves to be up there in the running. And obviously u can make an argument for him, and Jermaine O'neal. But if Duncan was the MVP last year, and the year before, i dont see the difference this year..except KG having more help.

Damn...if the Spurs just woulda went after Jermaine a lil more aggressively! uggg...

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2004, 10:18:52 AM »
if you aske me

the spurs have a better team than the wolves, they're just underachieving

and so what about a 10 game win streak the laker just came off an 11 game one where they dismantled the 2 top seeds...and i still think they're playing crappy....the spurs are too.

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2004, 12:46:19 PM »
The Lakers' winning % with only Shaq in the lineup in something like .742
With Kobe the Lakers' are barely over .500
You can argue that Kobe is the better player, but Shaq is the more dominating player because no one can match him.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2004, 01:17:06 PM »
I wonder who lost today? Was it the Sacramento Kings? Or maybe it was the Sacramento Kings...

Im not even a Kings-Fan. I dont even think they played amazing vs the Lakers lately. That's why it's so sick the Lakers lost so clearly. It's all good though, no beef intended homie.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2004, 01:26:02 PM »
1. Kevin Garnett (Minnesota Timberwolves) 81 33.10
  2. Tim Duncan (San Antonio Spurs) 68 26.63
  3. Elton Brand (Los Angeles Clippers) 68 25.22
  4. Shaquille O'Neal (Los Angeles Lakers) 66 24.77
  5. Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks) 76 24.38
  6. Tracy McGrady (Orlando Magic) 67 23.75
  7. Brad Miller (Sacramento Kings) 71 22.99
  8. Predrag Stojakovic (Sacramento Kings) 80 22.96
  9. Kobe Bryant (Los Angeles Lakers) 64 22.58
  10. Shawn Marion (Phoenix Suns) 78 22.45

makes you think.. however it always depends on the team they play in and shit.. but nevertheless!
No, it's not a sin

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • MC's...dont wake me...
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2004, 01:34:46 PM »
if you aske me

and so what about a 10 game win streak the laker just came off an 11 game one where they dismantled the 2 top seeds...and i still think they're playing crappy....the spurs are too.

i didnt say theyre playing great, all im saying is...if theyre playin "crappy" and theyre the hottest team in the league, then damn...how is everyone else playing?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2004, 03:54:21 PM »

wait...the Spurs are the hottest team in the league right now with a 10 game win streak headed into the playoffs. they are atop espn's power rankings, above Minnesota who is in the middle of a 8 game win streak. So i dont think theyre playin crappy. theyre capable of playing better, but theyre also playing better then anyone else at this time. And i know theres a difference between MVP and "Best Player". My point was, Kobe (to me) isnt even the MVP of his team...so i cant consider him the "Best" in the league. Jordan was the best player in the league for most of his career, BUT was he EVER not the MVP of his team? lol.

And for NIK, even the blindest Kobe fan cant say that theyve seen analyst all year sayin he's the best player in the league. Cmon man, be honest. Like i said, last year he had analyst backing him, but not anymore then Duncan, Garnett, or T-mac. And u saying that he did it by himself last year, means you think the rest of the team is shit? You claimed before the season started that the Lakers had a stronger supporting cast around your big 4, then Duncan did around him. Last year Duncan was MVP, this year he'll be either 2 or 3rd. Kobe not even in the top 5. So if thats the case (like u said it was), then Duncan is by FAR the more valuable and better player then Kobe. Correct? Unless youre going back on your original statement, to say that the Spurs bench and supporting cast is far superior to the Lakers.

btw, i still believe Duncan should get the nod over KG. KG has alot more help then he has in the past, but thats about it. Duncans numbers are very close to what they were last year, but his team LOST people. No David Robinson to help out defensively and with rebounds down low was huge. But his team is still contending for best in the west. Garnett has Spree and Cassell with him. Like i said, Garnett deserves to be up there in the running. And obviously u can make an argument for him, and Jermaine O'neal. But if Duncan was the MVP last year, and the year before, i dont see the difference this year..except KG having more help.

Damn...if the Spurs just woulda went after Jermaine a lil more aggressively! uggg...

Sorry, I messed up...Yes, a lot of analysts have said he's the best in the league, but what I meant to say is most of them say he's the MOST TALENTED in the league...In the Lakers first 3 championship seasons, you'd have an argument for Shaq being better than Kobe...But to anyone who knows the game of basketball, saying Shaq has been the MVP of his team these past two years is straight out retarded...Kobe has clearly been the leader, and Shaq has steadily been falling off...I follow the Lakers, I read the sports section in the LA Times every single day, and everyone (Phil Jackson, Jerry Buss, etc.) have clearly been favoring Kobe recently...Hell, they don't even wanna extend Shaq's contract anymore...Kobe won't win the MVP this season...Legal issues, injuries, personal problems between players, etc. is what is holding him back...But he is still the best, and most talented in the leage...Watch out for next year...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2004, 03:57:50 PM »
I wonder who lost today? Was it the Sacramento Kings? Or maybe it was the Sacramento Kings...

Im not even a Kings-Fan. I dont even think they played amazing vs the Lakers lately. That's why it's so sick the Lakers lost so clearly. It's all good though, no beef intended homie.

Did you even watch the game? Kobe refused to shoot...He only shot 1 shot in the first half, and that was to beat the buzzer on a shot clock...Obviously, this is not how the Lakers are gunna play in the post-season.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2004, 05:39:16 PM »

Did you even watch the game? Kobe refused to shoot...He only shot 1 shot in the first half, and that was to beat the buzzer on a shot clock...Obviously, this is not how the Lakers are gunna play in the post-season.

Yes. I know that, and I watched the game.. live. I guess I never implied that he took several shots in the first half, did I?
Yes you said it, he refused to shoot. Now aint that a bitch. Just like a little girl. "The other kids told me Im to egoistic and I have a too bad field goal percentage and I dont pass the ball to them cause I shoot too much myself cause I have a Leader-Complex  :-\ :-\ .. but I know what Im gonna do now ... HAHA...  >:( I wont shoot in the next game for 3 and a half quaters... they gonna see how far they get without me shooting!! HAHA  ;)  Im such a mack, such a important player.. im THE BEST  8)"
When guys in their mid-twenties act like that, something must be wrong in the team, something must be wrong.
And dont ever treat me like a homo who hasnt seen a game and opens a thread because he read something in the news.. even if it's only a rhetorical question.
No, it's not a sin

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2004, 05:57:37 PM »

Yes. I know that, and I watched the game.. live. I guess I never implied that he took several shots in the first half, did I?
Yes you said it, he refused to shoot. Now aint that a bitch. Just like a little girl. "The other kids told me Im to egoistic and I have a too bad field goal percentage and I dont pass the ball to them cause I shoot too much myself cause I have a Leader-Complex  :-\ :-\ .. but I know what Im gonna do now ... HAHA...  >:( I wont shoot in the next game for 3 and a half quaters... they gonna see how far they get without me shooting!! HAHA  ;)  Im such a mack, such a important player.. im THE BEST  8)"
When guys in their mid-twenties act like that, something must be wrong in the team, something must be wrong.
And dont ever treat me like a homo who hasnt seen a game and opens a thread because he read something in the news.. even if it's only a rhetorical question.

I think everyone was getting to him...Everyone kept complaining about him shooting too much, and everyone was asking him to play less selfishly...So he did just that...But he denies not giving 100% effort...He said he was just looking for the pass before the shot...Oh well though, I'm surprised Kobe even has the ability to play with all of what's going on.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2004, 11:24:34 PM »
if you aske me

i didnt say theyre playing great, all im saying is...if theyre playin "crappy" and theyre the hottest team in the league, then damn...how is everyone else playing?

like SHIT....look at the east half of the teams in the playoffs don't even have a .500 record! the number 8 seed in the west would be a top seed in the east.

the nugget, mavs, and rockets are all SOFT the girzzlies are a good team this year but a Sooooooo inexperienced they're like a 8 year old virgin in bed with jenna jameson.  Basketball in general has gone down hill