Author Topic: what do you think of em's production?  (Read 536 times)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
what do you think of em's production?
« on: April 15, 2004, 05:56:13 AM »
i gotta say i'm somewhat of a fan of it. although i know it's not the most complex, nor the most interesting, i still dig most of his beats. it's not that i LOVE his beats, but i don't think that there is even one that i can't listen to. but maybe that's because i'm biased and just like his personality and character on any beat, whether it be his lyrics or his production.
no matter what you think, i'm gonna say with confidence that renegade, without me, and lose yourself are REALLY DOPE beats.
what ya'll think?

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
Re:what do you think of em's production?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2004, 06:21:09 AM »
They get a little repetitive but overall they're not the worst of beats.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2004, 06:33:57 AM »
He's by far a better rapper than producer. He looks so young, he could rap on for another 5 to 7 years. I dont think it's a good idea of him to stop rappin slow by slow and to start producin big time. He's not a bad producer, but nowhere near his rapping skills.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2004, 07:21:56 AM »
He's by far a better rapper than producer. He looks so young, he could rap on for another 5 to 7 years. I dont think it's a good idea of him to stop rappin slow by slow and to start producin big time. He's not a bad producer, but nowhere near his rapping skills.

bez

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 08:07:04 AM »
Every beat sounds similar to me.

eS El Duque

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2004, 08:13:28 AM »
Every beat sounds similar to me.
Places to go and Without me sound similar lol?

I like em beats, he's getting up there. Sometimes the beats are repitive 'havn't i heard this beat before?'...or sometimes the beat tis totally different from his style (though you can still teell its his beat) and i'll be like 'wow'

but he's a better rapper  8)

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2004, 08:40:04 AM »

He's coo..

u can defo tell when it's am Em beat tho.. ;)
(He's got a type of sound that's....)

Hatesrats 2oooIV

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2004, 08:59:34 AM »
ems a decent producer...people say that his beats sound similar and repetitive but you can say that about a lot of producers e.g. neptunes, timbaland, dre etc etc...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 09:56:51 AM »
ems a decent producer...people say that his beats sound similar and repetitive but you can say that about a lot of producers e.g. neptunes, timbaland, dre etc etc...

i agree. i think a lot of his beats from different time periods are similar, but there is an obvious evolution. 'without me' sounds nothing like 'patiently waiting' and neither of them sound anything like 'lose yourself.' but 'the cross' and 'moment of clarity' sound pretty similar.

i think people like to say he sucks as a producer, but i find his beats a lot more catchy than many other producer/rappers.

yeah, he is a far better lyricist, but i'd much rather listen to an em produced album than almost-anyone-else-produced album (save for dj quik, kanye, dre....).

the question isn't 'is em a better rapper or producer?' because that's not even a question - the question is 'what do you like/dislike about his production style?' giving him the same considerations you give other producers....

Don Breezio

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 10:26:14 AM »
i like his beats but as someone said earlier...his beats get a little repetetive...its not even that they sound necessarily the same...its that they all have the same effects in them (if you could call it effects)...i dont really know how to explain it...i was thinking about this the other day though when i was listening to moment of clarity...he's kinda got a premo thing goin on where you can always tell an em beat...but im not comparing em to premo.

hector

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 11:26:44 AM »
I haven't heard a lot of it, but what I have heard I like.  he sounds pretty fuckin similar to dr. dre nowadays.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 11:38:33 AM »
some are nothin special, but shit like renagade is just sick...but like moment of clarity, its so beat, repetitive and simple... he should do both, cause he will get better... we will see on d12 world what he does

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 11:47:07 AM »
Most of the time it has a dark feeling to it. I like that.

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 11:48:59 AM »
His shit is pretty good u know,not the best but its pretty good.The guys got talent.BTW,I dont think Eminem produced Lose Yourself.

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2004, 12:52:57 PM »
I ain't really feeling Em's production at all. Some of it sounds like a weaker version of Dre's recent stuff, which considering that I don't like hardly any of Dre's newer stuff, doesn't really bear well for Em. With all of his beats though there just seems to be something lacking, they don't have soulfulness in them (Pete Rock/9th Wonder/Kanye), they don't have underground appeal (Premier/Beatminerz/Alchemist), they ain't funky (DJ Quik), smooth (Warren G) or anything really to me.