Author Topic: The Simpsons Movie  (Read 288 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

The Simpsons Movie
« on: June 01, 2004, 11:26:39 PM »
12/31/2006 Distributed by 20th Century Fox...

pappy

Re:The Simpsons Movie
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 11:50:18 PM »
 :o

BL7

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 03:26:53 AM »
I heard about this a few weeks ago. I'm hyped. ;D

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 03:53:04 AM »
that's a long ways away but still tighter than virgin cherry

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 05:34:09 AM »
They've been talking about a Simpsons movie for YEARS... This is the first estimated release date though.

smerlus

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 06:04:07 AM »
here's the latest news on the simpsons movie....

Smith Says Simpsons Movie Will be a While Source: Associated Press Wednesday, April 7, 2004

Yeardley Smith, the voice of Lisa in The Simpsons, says that, although writers are working now, the big screen film won't be made until the series is over. The Fox series still has at least two seasons to go. Smith said it will then take three years to make the movie because "animation takes forever."

Despite the lengthy process, Smith says she's glad to hear about the movie. "My wish for the show is that it go out with a bang and not a pimple," Smith told the Associated Press. "And if we can do a movie and it can be as good as our best episodes, I'm thrilled. I think that would be wonderful."

Smith added that she hopes the writers will keep Lisa's childlike sense of humor in the movie.

More on The Simpsons Movie Developments Source: Variety Wednesday, February 11, 2004

Just yesterday it was reported that The Simpsons producer and writer Mike Reiss said a movie is in the works for 2006.

Now, Variety adds that Matt Groening and James L. Brooks are leading a team of writers in actively developing the animated big screen feature based on the long-running Fox hit. Active work on a concept for the film began a few months ago, after 20th Century Fox's film division hammered out deals with key writers.

At least seven past and present writers of The Simpsons are said to be involved. It is believed that, in addition to Reiss, Brooks and Groening, Al Jean, Mike Scully, Mike Reiss, David Mirkin and George Meyer are all on board.

The Simpsons Movie Coming in 2006 Source: DVD Fanatic Tuesday, February 10, 2004

DVD Fanatic got a chance to talk to The Simpsons producer and writer Mike Reiss, who chatted about the next "Simpsons" DVD and says that The Simpsons movie is definitely in the works. Here's two clips from the interview.

Tom: What can you tell us about the movie? We've heard that there was supposed to be a "Simpsons" movie for the past several years but you don't want to just simply put three episodes together, so how are you creating something new that's not been done before?

Mike: That's been the biggest challenge. They've wanted to do this since season two. It's been 13 years of wanting to do "The Simpsons" Movie. Finally FOX said, "Let's just do it!" We never had the greatest idea that was compelling but FOX said, "Maybe if we start paying you, you'll get inspired." And sure enough it worked! We've got a very good and interesting idea and it's different from the show. You know, it's like the "South Park" movie where it's just a bigger, longer, amplified version of the show. I can't tell you anything specific about it. My wife doesn't even know the secret.

Tom: When do you think "The Simpsons" movie will come out?

Mike: I will say two years from this summer. I think it's going to be Summer 2006 or maybe Christmas 2006. It's a reality after being just sort of this phantom idea. I think it is really gonna happen.

Visit the link above for more of the interview and stay tuned for lots more news on the movie!

source:http://www.comingsoon.net/news.php?id=3392

...'BfCfC'...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 11:10:19 AM »
They've been talking about a Simpsons movie for YEARS... This is the first estimated release date though.

i thought they were gonna make a film a few years bk

but it is good news tho  ;D
« Last Edit: June 03, 2004, 11:11:08 AM by bfcfc »

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 12:01:55 PM »
Damn I love the simpsons....been wanting a movie forever... :o....Just hope it turns out better than the South Park Movie was

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2004, 01:25:48 PM »
Damn I love the simpsons....been wanting a movie forever... :o....Just hope it turns out better than the South Park Movie was

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2004, 04:24:18 PM »
I liked the "Soth Park" movie...

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2004, 07:19:19 PM »
Family Guy shits all over The Simpsons..I still like the simpsons tho

pappy

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2004, 10:08:28 PM »

what... the south park movie was dope.  But than again your 9 years old so ur opinion dont hold no weight

pappy

« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2004, 10:08:51 PM »
BLASPHAMY

platinumk777

« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2004, 10:54:51 PM »

I second that

Skindiana bon3z

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2004, 11:35:12 AM »

what... the south park movie was dope.  But than again your 9 years old so ur opinion dont hold no weight

If my opinion holds no weight then why read what I have to say....you seriously need to get a life, get a girl....nah, wait, thats asking too much....start off slow....get a life....