Author Topic: killa gives back to the community once again  (Read 328 times)

One Eyed Willy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • DIPSET
killa gives back to the community once again
« on: April 24, 2004, 03:26:13 AM »
first off, dude has like 10 liqour stores in Harlem, you know how many jobs that creates?

and now killa and jimmy got their own liqour coming out:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Camron Finishing New Album; Starts Liquor Company
By Tonya Pendleton, Special To BET.com
Harlem’s own Cam’ron has been pretty busy lately. He’s finishing up his third solo project “Purple Haze,” due out in June, and has signed his artist Jim Jones to Koch. He’s also following in the footsteps of his mentors Jay-Z and Damon Dash by starting his own beverage company.

Cam says “Sizzerup,” a blend of cognac, vodka and natural fruits will be in stores April 24th.

He says the opportunity truly came out of a chance meeting.

“I ended up meeting some people from Houston . Come to find out they used to own Cabbage Patch Kids and they own Bailey’s Liquor Cream,” Cam’ron told us recently. “They’re good friends with President George Bush. They got a lot of oil and they just wanted to get into the urban market. I gave them the idea about Sizzerup.We took the name and turned it into a real liquor because everybody was already familiar with the name Sizzerup and that’s why I think it took off so well. We already sold 12,000 cases in thirty days. We’re going over to Guam and Kuwait to perform for the soldiers over there in October. And it’s all due to my partners over at ‘Sizzerup.’

The business should prove profitable for Cam, since he’s already had some experience in the beverage industry. His mother owned a liquor store in New York, which Cam helped her run.

But he says that being an entrepreneur with his own brand is ultimately more lucrative than being a store owner.

“When you run the store all you’re doing is doing warehousing and retailing. When you own [a brand] it’s a bigger picture. It’s not just one store you’re distributing to, it’s thousands and hundred of thousands. Now I’m dealing with the whole world.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jim Jones is releasing a new alcaholic drink called Purple Punch(Sizzurp). It will be available in stores April 18th.

http://ovafiya.blackgoku.com/umad/news/purplepunch.jpg

now the whole world can experience the purple piff!!!!!

killa is helping out the community, unlike your favourite rappers!

da_notorious_mack

Re:killa gives back to the community once again
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2004, 05:06:47 AM »
"mr president theres drugs in our residence..
tell us whut u want us to do,come break bread wit us..
mr governor i swear theres a cover up...
every other corner theres a liquer store to fuck us up.."

helpin the community?...not accordin to Hov...

West C. Connected

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2004, 05:12:36 AM »
Yes, alcohol is a great way to give back to the community.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2004, 05:24:23 AM »
Don't really see how marketing alcohol or owning liqour stores is helping any community - sure, a few people work in those stores, but what about the people who fuck themselves up with the product they sell?

Wonder how many hip-hop slang words are they gonna turn into products though. There was Jimmy Hat condoms, there's this Sizzurp drink, Nelly's Pimp Juice... How 'bout salted peanuts called Deeeez Nuuuuts? (On a side note, they actually sell some peanuts called "Tiger Nuts" here. I can't believe they haven't realized by now what that means...)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 07:18:18 AM »
"mr president theres drugs in our residence..
tell us whut u want us to do,come break bread wit us..
mr governor i swear theres a cover up...
every other corner theres a liquer store to fuck us up.."

helpin the community?...not accordin to Hov...

Hov's a beyyotch for not bein coo w/ Cam anyways so fuck him...give the homeless fiends sumthin to spend the money they got bummin on ::)

One Eyed Willy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • DIPSET
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2004, 01:04:12 PM »
the way i see it is, if your gonna be an alcoholic then your gonna be an alcoholic, simple as that. it dont matter if a liqour store is 2 minutes away or 10 minutes away, them dudes is gonna be running there no matter what. if i was jimmy i would be giving free samples of that 'purple punch' out just to get the bums addicted.

anyone notice the purple punch bottle in the certified gangstas video?

The Ghost When I Zone Off

• 'G'
  • whatup whatup whatup whatup
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2004, 01:41:24 PM »
if i was jimmy i would be giving free samples of that 'purple punch' out just to get the bums addicted.

You're a fuckin idiot.
aka Gas and a Match aka Don't let your girl in the club or we're all gonna fuck her!

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2004, 03:10:40 PM »
from what i can c cams just trying to make more money.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson